Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

TC/Stabilitrak overly intrusive

Blah blah blah. Getting sideways on a wide right of left turn, with no traffic, no pedestrian at under 50mph……. I shouldn’t do that? why even own a rwd performance car?

A menace 😂🤣😂. Only risk is to my self, and it’s minimal. The roads we drive on are a menace full of inattentive drivers

Even spirited driving in “track” mode the nanny’s are intrusive Af. Throttle response, which is amazing in this car is dulled unless in ptm race 2.

I do turn everything off, but it is rare. Race 2 is perfect for some fun. I really liked my f80 in Mdm with the euro Mdm coding.

On a 15 mile or so round trip drive, I got the car sideways with some fun slip angle in 2nd gear 2 times. Beautiful Sunday drive. I am by no means as experienced as some of the guys here, but I have seen my fair share of auto-x and usually was usually extremely competitive in my respective classes. I have also drove very high homo, sketchy cars before all this traction stuff was put in modern cars.

I did not buy my car to drive in touring all day waiting for the 1/2 days a year to larp around a proper track, and then larp around with all the Nannie’s on.
You may have a change of heart when you get older and have more experiences. For now just keep doing what your doing and hopefully all works out well.

You may have a change of heart when you get older and have more experiences. For now just keep doing what you’re doing and hopefully all works out well.
I’m 40. Everybody is different. Some people don’t grow out or “risky” behaviors. Everybody makes mistakes, but choosing when you can let the tail wag diminishes these risk.

I have been driving high hp cars for almost 25 years. I currently have a lancer evo 2 that will 100% bite you in the ass if you don’t understand weight transfer/physics. I’m not comfortable pushing that car hard on the street. The grip is unreal, but the car is twitchy af at the limit due to the setup.

That vid was filmed circa 2003. I still grab a lane if somebody wants to run on the street. Although now I am much more cautious, because the other guy ususally uses crutches (stability/traction), and when he turns it off to run, he is not used to what the car does. Much different then lining up next to the guy with the 11 sec fox body in in the 2000s, who has owned, drove and learned the car from 200whp to 500whp wirhout Nannie’s.

Rwd well balanced cars are a joy to play with. I feel bad for those who don’t even know what their cars are capable of.

Last edited:
My understanding and experience is that track 2 only very minimally will pull timing/cut power. It does nothing to “keep the car straight” if you will. The e diff can only do so much playing with lock up levels

Iv felt the car braking individual wheels when in sport or track mode when the ecu doesn’t like the calculations it’s making.
It can't keep you straight if you hit the brakes. 100% I will swear to that.

Do that in most chassis and you are in the wall/ditch.
The eLSD does a great job keeping you straight on-throttle during a moment when the rear slides. In track 2 on CP, and Andretti courses at Spring Mountain I encountered situations where yes it did help keep the car straight as long as it had weight on it. it did this when on the throttle, watch the car get out of spin on throttle.

The eLSD does a great job keeping you straight on-throttle during a moment when the rear slides. In track 2 on CP, and Andretti courses at Spring Mountain I encountered situations where yes it did help keep the car straight as long as it had weight on it. it did this when on the throttle, watch the car get out of spin on throttle.
I was talking about hitting the brakes

Lifting off when the car starts to rotate usually makes the back end lighter. 95% if mustang crowd killer videos are drivers getting a lot of wheel speed during wheel spin, letting off which upsets the weight distribution, and in many instances applying braking which ends in a spin and bodies flying.

I’m old school and prefer mechanical diffs, but the e lsd is very good as is the programming.

What ptm mode did they let you run at the school? I’m waiting for some dates to open up so I can get some more learnding

I was talking about hitting the brakes

Lifting off when the car starts to rotate usually makes the back end lighter. 95% if mustang crowd killer videos are drivers getting a lot of wheel speed during wheel spin, letting off which upsets the weight distribution, and in many instances applying braking which ends in a spin and bodies flying.

I’m old school and prefer mechanical diffs, but the e lsd is very good as is the programming.

What ptm mode did they let you run at the school? I’m waiting for some dates to open up so I can get some more learnding
This wasn't at the school; this was with Las Vegas PCA at Spring Mountain. I live in Vegas, and I track primarily at Spring Mountain. But the school only lets people run in PTM Sport, but nothing stops you from changing it.

I'm not nearly as good as I used to think I was.

Everyone is Max Verstappen on the Internet. :)
Not even on the Internet. He's got a Top 100 (out of 180K+ people) Road iRating on iRacing, putting him around 99.95th percentile. :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 1714481069891.png
    1714481069891.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 17
I think i read this somewhere before on the forum but I'm experiencing wiggling of the back end when stepping on the throttle in my ct4. It usually happens when I'm going slow or from a stand still example: I'll turn onto a road from a stop then straighten out and i'll hit the gas and when i have the gas around 50-70% it will start to slip and slide from the back end. My tires are at the right pressure + i think at that moment my tires were cool. Usually i just ride it out with constant throttle while using corrective steering.

Is that usually normal for this chassis? I usually just drive in normal or v mode and i don't change the traction at all with the ptm slider in the modes. I never had this happen on the freeway at full throttle and after the tires were warmed up. I'm not going to lie but it does make me feel a bit nervous when the tires are not warmed up and i don't want to accidentally spin out when applying full throttle but i think everything should be fine right?

I think i read this somewhere before on the forum but I'm experiencing wiggling of the back end when stepping on the throttle in my ct4. It usually happens when I'm going slow or from a stand still example: I'll turn onto a road from a stop then straighten out and i'll hit the gas and when i have the gas around 50-70% it will start to slip and slide from the back end. My tires are at the right pressure + i think at that moment my tires were cool. Usually i just ride it out with constant throttle while using corrective steering.

Is that usually normal for this chassis? I usually just drive in normal or v mode and i don't change the traction at all with the ptm slider in the modes. I never had this happen on the freeway at full throttle and after the tires were warmed up. I'm not going to lie but it does make me feel a bit nervous when the tires are not warmed up and i don't want to accidentally spin out when applying full throttle but i think everything should be fine right?
Sounds normal. The traction and stability control does let you get a some tire spin and slip angle before shutting the party down. As long as you are still pointed fairly straight and not spinning too much it will let you power through it with the nannies on.

These cars have performance tires so if they are cold or it is cool out then you should be able to light them up pretty easily. The wiggling back and forth is typically the E-Diff doing its thing as it tries to get that power down to the ground.

Have you had any alignments done?

None so far, haven't touched anything since i got it other than regular maintenance.
If you smash the gas while turning yes it will slide and then should correct itself depending on the PTM mode the closer to Race 2 the less it will do. Cold tires I usually will be in sport or race 1, then race 2 when tires are nice and warm.

You're putting a good amount of power down, so in a straight line it may move to one side or the other, but really before you go crazy, I'd recommend having an alignment done. I know on my car alignment literally makes a night and day difference on how the car handles. Even just to get a good street alignment.

If you smash the gas while turning yes it will slide and then should correct itself depending on the PTM mode the closer to Race 2 the less it will do. Cold tires I usually will be in sport or race 1, then race 2 when tires are nice and warm.

You're putting a good amount of power down, so in a straight line it may move to one side or the other, but really before you go crazy, I'd recommend having an alignment done. I know on my car alignment literally makes a night and day difference on how the car handles. Even just to get a good street alignment.
I recently got an alignment where i kind of split the difference between stock and track: -2deg up front and -1.5 rear with total toe in 0.1 deg both front and rear. Make a significant improvement in turn in as expected and doesnt seem to increase wandering or tramlining at all that i can tell

I recently got an alignment where i kind of split the difference between stock and track: -2deg up front and -1.5 rear with total toe in 0.1 deg both front and rear. Make a significant improvement in turn in as expected and doesnt seem to increase wandering or tramlining at all that i can tell
-2 is still a lot on the street. OE if I remember is closer to -1

Yeah i totally understand during the turns and mashing the gas. I was just experiencing this on straights. Is there any recommendation for alignment specs? I can try asking next time i go in for something.

Yeah i totally understand during the turns and mashing the gas. I was just experiencing this on straights. Is there any recommendation for alignment specs? I can try asking next time i go in for something.
Find a good alignment shop, ask around. I found one here in Vegas that does a really really great job. Dealers charge a crazy premium but you should be able to find places to do it from $100-$250

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back