Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 CT4-V Blackwing no serial number on steering wheel

If my Blackwing did not include the BW specific steering wheel, I would not be laughing at all. I wonder if maybe a base 4 Blackwing does not include it and needs to be optioned? I have never seen a 4 or 5 without the usual Blackwing steering wheel.
what about with the heated steering wheel option? Maybe that changed the whole thing.

Of course it does because the upgraded interior is a part of the package.
RDATLTE - I think you might be correct. If you go to the Cadillac build site and build a CT4-V Blackwing then you have the option of different interiors. The interior that I have is the Jet Black Interlux Seats. When you select that option it shows the steering wheel that I have. No serial number plate, no V-Mode button on the left side, and no Traction Select on the right side. IF you select an upgraded interior, then it shows the updated steering wheel with the serial number plate and red center line indicator.

what about with the heated steering wheel option? Maybe that changed the whole thing.
I could care less if the wheel is heated. But give me my carbon fiber, my round V Mode button on the left, and the Blackwing-specific toggle on the right. And my damn numbered plaque!! :_rock

Isn't that the standard steering wheel for "regular" V's?

Standard on the 4BW without the mid or top tier seats?

See? I know stuff
Me Too Omg GIF by Bounce

I had no idea there was different steering wheels.

I had no idea there was different steering wheels.
Me neither...and apparently, the dealership did not know either. As much as I would have liked to have a SN steering wheel, I am just glad a BW showed up in Alaska, and I was able to snag it. Still has the same performance.

Last edited:
Me neither...and apparently, the dealership did not know either. As much as I would have liked to have a SN steering wheel, I am just glad a BW showed up in Alaska, and I was able to snag it. Still has the same performance.
Just tell people it’s part of the “Alaska” package. 1 of 1 so it doesn’t need a badge.

Guess I was wrong about the wheel. You learn something new every day. Everything that I have ever seen related to either a 4BW or 5BW has the BW exclusive wheel in it, so I had no idea you could get anything other than it.

That kinda sucks that you have to pay extra to get the BW exclusive wheel if you want it with the base interior.

I have the base wheel as well in my 4BW & wasn't aware it was a thing until I sat inside. I was just happy to get one for under MSRP. I wonder if there is a way to order one after the fact? Or probably not, just like the carbon fiber exterior pieces...

Worst case, you can always swap the steering wheel -- they are all plug-and-play and are held on by a Torx T30 bolt -- it is super easy to diy

I did it in my '12 coupe to match the CF interior package and it looked sweet

Worst case, you can always swap the steering wheel -- they are all plug-and-play and are held on by a Torx T30 bolt -- it is super easy to diy

I did it in my '12 coupe to match the CF interior package and it looked sweet
I was going to ask if swapping was possible. Any idea if GM would make a plate for the new steering wheel so it could be installed after the fact?

as far as getting one from GM -- that may be tough

but as a guy who has always been forced down the path less traveled, I would start at the dealer and then try a trophy store if your local dealer cannot help you.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back