Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V PTM modes for daily driving?

CT5-V Model
Whats also interesting is that the Blackwing addendum manual says that PTM is only available in Track or V mode and also makes no mention of the steering PTM toggle. It further says on the driving mode chart that PTM is unavailable in Tour, Sport, or Snow/Ice.

I am able to use the toggle to select a PTM in any driving mode including Tour so Im curious if this is an error that has never been corrected.

I also prefer both the Sport steering feel and Sport suspension so those are the two settings I have backed off from max in my V mode and why I dont have PTM setup in V mode via the double tap.

There is def a difference ...as per my post earlier I invoke V mode and then adjust to ptm sport via the toggle. This keeps the original V mode settings without turning suspension to full stiff
Putting ptm in sport in v mode overrides my suspension to full stiff.

Putting ptm in sport in v mode overrides my suspension to full stiff.
Like I said I don't adjust PTM in V mode...it's in my post earlier...I posted the same thing you are saying earlier in this thread. I pick V mode and then adjust PTM via toggle on steering wheel. This does not change suspension to full stiff

Like I said I don't adjust PTM in V mode...it's in my post earlier...I posted the same thing you are saying earlier in this thread. I pick V mode and then adjust PTM via toggle on steering wheel. This does not change suspension to full stiff
So you click the v mode button once putting you in v mode and then adjust ptm to sport and that doesn’t change your suspension? For me it does.

So you click the v mode button once putting you in v mode and then adjust ptm to sport and that doesn’t change your suspension? For me it does.
Adjust PTM to sport via toggle and not on the V mode screen, if I adjust it on the V mode screen it switches suspension to full stiff as I described in my original post

Sorry to bump an old thread but holy shit. PTM - use it y’all! I’ve been running my car with “PTM Dry” the past few weeks (which I think is automatically putting me into track mode? I’ve looked at the charts… still confused…) … at any rate. It makes the car MUCH more fun.

Sorry to bump an old thread but holy shit. PTM - use it y’all! I’ve been running my car with “PTM Dry” the past few weeks (which I think is automatically putting me into track mode? I’ve looked at the charts… still confused…) … at any rate. It makes the car MUCH more fun.
Yes, PTM puts the car into track mode. So you were in Track Dry. I use that as well on the street. The car seems reasonably well behaved.

I just go drive mode track and leave PTM inactive, haha

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners