Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) Checklist

Blackwing16

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I looked through all 25 pages of posts and couldn't find one specific for what to look for after the dealer does their PDI. I know a couple people have had some issues. Just wanted to start a thread specific to all PDI things to let the dealer know to do or to not do. Obvious things like telling them to not drill a front license plate bracket and to make sure they remove the towing bushings. Please comment on any issues that might have come about from dealer PDI's and things that should be avoided.

I'm also paranoid that they will drill holes in the bumper.. I almost want to go stand guard at the dealership when it arrives.

I'm also paranoid that they will drill holes in the bumper.. I almost want to go stand guard at the dealership when it arrives.
This is one of my biggest concerns based off what people have been seeing. Have already told my dealer that i do not want the front plate drilled even though I'm probably still a month and a half away from getting the car. Hopefully if I tell them enough, they will get the idea

A number of us asked our salespersons to put a note in or on the car upon delivery that instructs the tech doing the PDI to not install the front plate bracket. My salesperson even sent my a photo of the note he put in my car. Upon accepting delivery, I had to sign a release indicating that I specifically asked for no front plate mount knowing it was against state law and that the dealer is not responsible for any tickets I may get. I had no problem with that.

Last edited:

1642080800601.png

Hope this helps, and agree with what's been posted above. My dealer drilled plates on a *bunch* of inventory cars, I couldn't believe it.

Last edited:
make sure they remove the towing bushings.
Also tell them to keep the tow bushings (aka spacers). There's spot for them in the trunk storage area (where spare tire normally would have been). That way you have them if you have to have the car towed in future, though you need to be able to jack up the car to reinstall the spacers. Though if you don't have the CF front splitter, you can probably get away without them.

Make sure they put the 8 bolts/screws in the rear that hold the plastic and tire well liner. See my other post for that 😉

Let me reiterate what someone else said - NO CAR WASH!! Even the 'hand' wash at the dealers is done using brushes and if you have dark or God forbid black paint you're going to have a nutty when you see what a single dealer wash does to your new car...

Posting here addition to the primary delivery thread...

Dealer was instructed not to drill into the front bumper, but advises they must drill into the rear for the plate. In fact, the CT5-V only has two dimples in the rear indicating where to drill for the plate. Can anyone confirm?

Dealer was instructed not to drill into the front bumper, but advises they must drill into the rear for the plate. In fact, the CT5-V only has two dimples in the rear indicating where to drill for the plate. Can anyone confirm?
I'm not 100% sure but I looked at pictures of my car when it came off the truck and I didn't see any holes for the rear license plate. I never noticed that before.

The dealer has to hang their advertising license frame somewhere. :D

Sewell told me that they don't drill for a front plate bracket (even though required in TX), unless you specifically sign a request saying you want them to. They told me this after I was concerned after seeing a front plate bracket listed on my build (I don't live in TX and my state doesn't require a front plate). It just automatically comes on a TX ordered car.

The dealer has to hang their advertising license frame somewhere. :D

Sewell told me that they don't drill for a front plate bracket (even though required in TX), unless you specifically sign a request saying you want them to. They told me this after I was concerned after seeing a front plate bracket listed on my build (I don't live in TX and my state doesn't require a front plate). It just automatically comes on a TX ordered car.
Virginia requires it, however, I plan to use a tow hook mounting bracket.

Virginia requires it, however, I plan to use a tow hook mounting bracket.
Same with how I'm going to mount my front plate when my car shows up. There are a couple threads buried on here that show some good options for the front plate brackets.

I thought the front plates only came as an option on custom orders? I saw the $15 option, I figured if you passed on that, there would be no front plates to install. You're saying they'll just install their own dealership/Cadillac front plate?

I thought the front plates only came as an option on custom orders? I saw the $15 option, I figured if you passed on that, there would be no front plates to install. You're saying they'll just install their own dealership/Cadillac front plate?
If I understood correctly, for any state that has a front plate requirement, the bracket is free and is supplied automatically. I guess it would be an option if you were in a state with no requirement and you wanted to add a bracket to put your [insert manufacturer's name here] hater's club member plate on the front.

There have been sightings of dealer stock Vs in showrooms with the bracket already on.

If I understood correctly, for any state that has a front plate requirement, the bracket is free and is supplied automatically. I guess it would be an option if you were in a state with no requirement and you wanted to add a bracket to put your [insert manufacturer's name here] hater's club member plate on the front.

There have been sightings of dealer stock Vs in showrooms with the bracket already on.
Oof. . I always tell the dealer to don't touch the car, and don't put on the front plates. The latter always requires me to sign off that I know it's illegal. Thought I didn't have to tell them this time, but I will now. Thanks for the heads up

Yes this is true. Mine had that today. Only to top dimples to drill in rear

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners