Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spare parts / PDI

99sport

Seasoned Member
I had my dealer skip PDI - I'm glad I did as (unlike last time) there are no chips in the paint and the fenders are properly aligned. My salesman sent me this checklist, but it looks like the first page may be missing? First thing I did was remove the red spring spacers. Now the question is what to do with all this stuff in the trunk. I think the front air deflectors (I'd hardly call them "ducts") are for track use only (although PDI talks about REAR brake deflectors and I don't seem to have any of those). And what about the rest of this stuff? Is it on your car, and would you recommend installing it? I have:

Floormats (already installed)
Tow eye and fuel funnel (stowed under trunk floor)
Front lenience plate bracket (not getting installed)
Wheel locks (probably not going on, more hassle than its worth)
Rear suspension LCA protectors - I can't see a reason NOT to install these. Any thoughts?
Trim pieces over door latches (will install after I decide if I want to attempt to improve the door alignment)
Front deflector kit 86787029 - since these are in the front, are they okay for street use?
Rear deflector kit 84806233- these look more like a fender trim / mudflap than anything else. Not sure what function these perform.

CCB rotor protectors (for wheel removal / install only)

I think the owner's manual is clear as mud regarding cooling ducts. I have CCBs and I don't have anything that looks like what is shown in the picture below in my stack of parts. (They should list the part numbers in the owners manual and then mold the part numbers into the parts so we can tell what the hell they are talking about.)

1696634559040.png

1696635102608.png

1696635493079.png

1696635540746.png

Coincidentally my car came with the front deflector kit in the trunk but I haven't really invested a lot of energy into it just yet and likely won't until my first pad/rotor change. It does look like something geared towards getting more air to the brakes for cooling during track sessions.

All of that is for track use and there is a thread with pics that explains a lot of this.... Sorry, I'm to lazy to look the thread up...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back