Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Delivery checklist

Davel518

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 Blackwing
My EDD is this week, and I want to put together a checklist to send to my dealer. Hopefully this helps others as well. Let me know what else everyone can think of, or if you disagree with any of these.

Remove spacers
Do not install track only brake ducts
Include body color mirror covers (I selected the black mirror covers which is dealer installed, I asssume this means I should be provided with the removed body colored covers)
Do not drill front bumper
Do not wash (if going for ceramic/ppf)
No pinstripes, undercoatings, or any other add ons
No dealer badges

Let me know thoughts, thanks.

Hi Davel158,

Thanks for creating this list. For those of us who are not as informed, would you please elaborate on a few of these items.

Spacers: what exactly are you referring to? And how do we know they have been removed?

Track only brake ducts: how can we tell if these have been installed?

Thanks

Mac

There are spacers installed in the springs during shipping. Make sure they are removed. Bad to drive with them in. They are brightly colored. Hard to miss if you stick your head in the wheel well.

You only install the brake ducts prior to a track day. You don't normally leave them on for DD. You can, it just tends to throw more debris at the rotor.

Spacer thread with pictures installed and stowed in trunk located here (TLDR: look for bright yellow or red rubber blocks on springs in front wheel wells - you'll know them when you see them)

Brake duct thread located here. (TLDR: the optional carbon ceramic brakes do not have ducts)

Resurrecting an old thread - do the brake ducts and spring spacers apply to the ct4 Blackwings as well?

Resurrecting an old thread - do the brake ducts and spring spacers apply to the ct4 Blackwings as well?
Yes, spring spacers remove and put in trunk. Brake ducts stay in bag in trunk and they install front wheel well stone guards that you can see from the exterior.

I spoke to my sales guy today. I mentioned the "dont wash it, dont scratch it" tip. He said he knows. They dont send Escalades or BlackWings through the automated wash. Instead they get hand washed by an actual detailer.

I mentioned spacers to the salesman and he didn’t say I was crazy but may as well have. But he said he’ll save them even though he doesn’t feel it’s needed.

He also confirmed they hand wash the BWs and will do so when I bring it in for service (just have to ask for it).

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back