Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Paint

Slick Blackwings

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 V Blackwing. 2024 CT5V Blackwing
Is it only me or is paint EXTREMELY easy to chip? I’ve had many GM vehicles but this is just nuts. Every time out I notice many other, even took back for more PPF, I know many wrap the car, this just seems like super thin paint/ clear! Anybody else?

Huh, haven't had an issue but front half of my car, door cups, lower rock guard areas have PPF and full ceramic within a few days of delivery. No paint issues per se other than some errant scratches on rear bumper PPF.

Is it only me or is paint EXTREMELY easy to chip? I’ve had many GM vehicles but this is just nuts. Every time out I notice many other, even took back for more PPF, I know many wrap the car, this just seems like super thin paint/ clear! Anybody else?
GM paint is notorious for being shitty and having orange peel effect to it. So it’s not just you.

Orange peel is a function of clear coat and an endemic problem not specific to GM. I have it on at least one of our BMWs and a Mini in addition to the Blackwing (or at least I think I did when it came off the truck before ceramic and PPF was applied.)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back