Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New BW4 Paint Issue

blvckwing

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4V Blackwing
Hi guys, I have a question regarding how to proceed with a weird issue I’m having.

In September I took delivery of a new ‘22 4BW with black paint.

I immediately pointed out to the salesman who drove it to me that the paint was absolutely horrible. I’ll attach a picture down below. However, the paint is reminiscent of a 10 year old vehicle that has seen nothing but tunnel car washes. It’s absolutely covered in the worst swirlies I’ve ever seen.

Almost 4 months now and I’ve had no word from the dealership as far as a solution. I just asked for either their detail department to give me full paint correction or for them to reimburse me for the cost (they are on the opposite coast of my state).

So far, I’ve received $175 in gift cards, which I suspect is from the salesman’s pocket and that makes me feel bad. He claims to have no word from his GM. He claims that this is how the car came from the factory, that his dealership isn’t responsible, so he’s waiting on word from Cadillac themselves. I don’t think word takes 4 months and I know that the factory doesn’t have a car wash like this lol.

My main goof was accepting delivery of the car in that state. I honestly just wanted to get it over with and I frankly didn’t notice the paint until he drove away with my tradein vehicle. I was busy wrapping my head around acquiring a car I’d wanted since I was 16… If that’s where the road ends for me though, I understand and I’ll go pay for it myself!

I’m looking for the next point of escalation here. Acquiring a vehicle in the ballpark of almost $100k and having it come brand new with paint this bad is just really, really bad.

Any advice on where to go with this is greatly appreciated, pics attached. Taken 1 hour after delivery.

Attachments

• 49A67A53-ED51-4678-9A82-8968EAD79DC8.png
    49A67A53-ED51-4678-9A82-8968EAD79DC8.png
    10 MB · Views: 154
  • 479F13F9-50FF-463B-9E2E-747B51FA66D4.png
    479F13F9-50FF-463B-9E2E-747B51FA66D4.png
    9.2 MB · Views: 137
  • 593750AA-6FEB-4D91-8CE5-D6E0546FABED.png
    593750AA-6FEB-4D91-8CE5-D6E0546FABED.png
    10.7 MB · Views: 141
  • A973E31B-1C4F-4F4E-8E1A-89EDF60EEC97.png
    A973E31B-1C4F-4F4E-8E1A-89EDF60EEC97.png
    10.4 MB · Views: 152
Not sure what they can or will do but I’ll share my story. The GM at my dealership warned me before I got my car that they’ve been seeing really bad paint coming in. My 4BW is black too so it stood out to me. They sold it to me at msrp but added a ceramic, ppf and correction package done by a trusted third party at my cost as a condition to the purchase. I loved the ceramic so much and the peace of mind of ppf that I thought it was worth the cost (just under 4k). The car looked really good after that was done. Document everything and get it done on your end and maybe they will repay you some of the cost. Agree that it’s unfair for a 100k purchase but it seems to be “it is what it is” nowadays.

They probably washed it at dispatch. When I was waiting for mine, I reached out to the plant yard.....dont ask me how I got the number.......the lady was super nice, she said every car is washed before its loaded on the truck, not sure how much truth there is to that, but not sure why shed lie either. I'm sure its not done using the two bucket method......

That could answer why my car had scratches on the inside of all wheels that they had to fix. But if the cars all have the white paint protection film for shipping and transport, why would they wash them before shipping?

That could answer why my car had scratches on the inside of all wheels that they had to fix. But if the cars all have the white paint protection film for shipping and transport, why would they wash them before shipping?
Because they don't actually have them the whole time. That film is just placed right before transport to the dealer. So they probably wash the car so they can put the film on.

If you look on the film there is a little sticker that says when it was applied and when it be removed. Mine was placed months after it was built and a few days before it was shipped to the dealer.
IMG_2810.jpg

It's unfortunate the paint was in that condition. It's been well documented that the dealer is not a fault and will simply ask you if you don't want the car, they can place another order for you. Having said this, move on, get paint correction and call it a day.

As for the wrap comment above, folks have received bird shit under the covering so that tells me they don't wash anything. My car was wrapped 2 months before it was shipped to dealer..

Hi guys, I have a question regarding how to proceed with a weird issue I’m having.

In September I took delivery of a new ‘22 4BW with black paint.

I immediately pointed out to the salesman who drove it to me that the paint was absolutely horrible. I’ll attach a picture down below. However, the paint is reminiscent of a 10 year old vehicle that has seen nothing but tunnel car washes. It’s absolutely covered in the worst swirlies I’ve ever seen.

Almost 4 months now and I’ve had no word from the dealership as far as a solution. I just asked for either their detail department to give me full paint correction or for them to reimburse me for the cost (they are on the opposite coast of my state).

So far, I’ve received $175 in gift cards, which I suspect is from the salesman’s pocket and that makes me feel bad. He claims to have no word from his GM. He claims that this is how the car came from the factory, that his dealership isn’t responsible, so he’s waiting on word from Cadillac themselves. I don’t think word takes 4 months and I know that the factory doesn’t have a car wash like this lol.

My main goof was accepting delivery of the car in that state. I honestly just wanted to get it over with and I frankly didn’t notice the paint until he drove away with my tradein vehicle. I was busy wrapping my head around acquiring a car I’d wanted since I was 16… If that’s where the road ends for me though, I understand and I’ll go pay for it myself!

I’m looking for the next point of escalation here. Acquiring a vehicle in the ballpark of almost $100k and having it come brand new with paint this bad is just really, really bad.

Any advice on where to go with this is greatly appreciated, pics attached. Taken 1 hour after delivery.

"Standard of the World." :(

It's unfortunate the paint was in that condition. It's been well documented that the dealer is not a fault and will simply ask you if you don't want the car, they can place another order for you. Having said this, move on, get paint correction and call it a day.

As for the wrap comment above, folks have received bird shit under the covering so that tells me they don't wash anything. My car was wrapped 2 months before it was shipped to dealer..
Agreed. It’s so damn hard to get these cars. The detailing and paint correction needed is just a part of the rodeo. The only real option is to accept the car and move on or reject it and do something else.

Not saying everyone should start spamming Steve Carlisle's GM email, but I have had extremely good luck sending him emails and getting someone from GM to respond and resolve my issues within several business days. I emailed him to ask about the shipping status of my car and he had a representative reach out a couple days later. I also recently emailed him about getting a fender vent replacement since they aren't available to order through normal channels and I now have one on the way to my dealer. (I needed a replacement because the PPF guy broke off one of the tabs on my passenger side vent)

I think the cars are some what washed because some of the panels that were covered when I removed the film you can see wash streaks. But I also think they don’t wrap them right away because mine had bird poop on the trunk

Last edited:
Guys or gals with the darker colors try and ck paint at or shortly after delivery. These cars do have that flaw in paint and delivery unfortunately. Catch it early, talk to your dealer about it!. I have Summit and it was a bit more difficult to catch. But I did and I took it up with the dealer.

Agreed. It’s so damn hard to get these cars. The detailing and paint correction needed is just a part of the rodeo. The only real option is to accept the car and move on or reject it and do something else.

this ^ is the ticket.

My Rift had a RUN in the paint on the B pillar! WTF? My guy who did the correction was able to color sand (most of ) it out and then correct the car, the ceramic coat it...but if you look closely I can still see traces of it.
I dont give two $hits anymore - I like driving it!

Me wonders if the C8's have the same "issue"??

File a claim with GM. Get the dealer involved early if correctable, if egregious file a claim with GM and the Dealer.

Sorry this has been your experience, but seems to be all too common.

My paint looked like it had been washed with a Brillo pad..I just bit the bullet and did a multi-step paint correction. Car looks 💯 now, and I’ve just chalked it up to the cost of buying such a limited car 🤷‍♂️

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back