Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Paint Chip - Help

Deneed4spd

Seasoned Member
I was doing my final wash and wax before putting the lady to slumber for the winter when I reached on the lower portion of the door to feel something off with the paint. Doh - I see I have a 1.5 mm diameter paint chip. I have electric blue but am having a hard time finding the touch up paint. I think this is it: Rapid (WA632D) Four-In-One Touch-Up Paint - .5 oz Pen 19367460 | GMPartsDirect.com

Now the question is do I try to touch up the paint? It’s at the bottom of door bend where u can’t really see it unless u look from the bottom of the car. I wonder if I just take the touch up paint to a touch up paint expert to fix it. Thoughts?

I would put the touch up paint on it and not worry about it. Try paintscratch.com for touchup paint if you're having trouble finding it at the dealer. I'm pretty sure Rapid blue is Chevy's name for Electric blue....

tmp.gif

I got a little jar of touch up paint from "Scratches Happen." I had also previously used them for touch up paint on my Genesis G70.

Touched up a couple of chips. Perfect match, no complaints.

If the chip is in a inconspicuous spot, not generally seen. You can get touch up paint off the internet or try the dealership for the pen applicator. If you readily see the chip and you don't have the "touch" to apply the paint yourself.......find a local pinstriper. They can easily mix their own paint match and apply it with their precision brushes. My pinstriper has done some chips for me and you could never tell it was there.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back