Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

No Manual

Not sure I would believe what most dealers say. Now all of the sudden with no new cars on dealers lots they’re worried about having too much inventory. In today’s environment any new car on a lot will sell very quickly. You would think having a BW on the lot would be a benefit in selling more cars.

I hear you and this was Sept 21 when I ordered my car. Who would of thought things would get this bad?
Driving to the dealers I was convinced my BW would be a manual. But my right shoulder (motorcycle injury) was acting up and convinced me the A10 would be a better overall choice for me.

I hear you and this was Sept 21 when I ordered my car. Who would of thought things would get this bad?
Driving to the dealers I was convinced my BW would be a manual. But my right shoulder (motorcycle injury) was acting up and convinced me the A10 would be a better overall choice for me.
I hear that, I just want to get by car before I'm too old to drive it properly. I give up a lot with the 6-spd. I really enjoy the Level 2 driving on my Mercedes, but will be selling it if my BW order ever gets built. Does the A10 BW have the GM Super Cruise? I thought I read that it was not available, could be wrong.

Pretty much how I decided. I tried to order a manual M3, fully spec out, I'm looking at $100K. For $20-25K less, the 4BW has pretty much all the stuff that BMW will try to nickel & dime you for, as standard.

AFAIK there is nothing that BMW makes you option that the BW doesn't make you option as well. If anything, BMW gives you more than the BW.

I didn't have the same experience on my build. I checked every box that I could in terms of "packages", picked the premium wheels and color calipers I wanted...and took CF1/2 off. Was like a 4-5 minute process.

I have never seen so many freaking options in my life. It's mind boggling. Like, pay extra and get a line that is on the lights, but it's only on these lights, and if you get this other exterior package, then this stripe by the lights will also be there, but not in the package, but also a package that isn't a package. It's a cluster, and I personally can't see how anyone could spec a car out without going into the office and letting a rep help.

I'm a bit confused with this. The M3 build page is laid out MUCH better the BW order page. I actually wrote out a half page comparison as to why the BMW build site is drastically better than GM's. But I know now one wants to read a super long rant on that so I'm just going to summarize.

BMW separates their M3 by transmission and drive type. They have very little overlap in their packaging/options and they do no allow/show options that would break your desired build by transmission or drive type. Every single option and package has a picture and description to go along with it. If you see it as an option or package then it is available on your vehicle and you can get it. They have between 15 and 16 total options you can select depending on if you want a comp or non comp.

GM on the other hand does not separate out their transmission types from each other or even the regular V from the Blackwing. It does not have pictures for every option, it does not describe what certain things do, it offers you packages/options which you can not get on all transmissions(breaks your build), it has options as selections that don't do anything and it continually offers pieces of packages as individual options when they are actually only part of a package. They have 49 different options you can select of which nearly 80% are just repeated line items you can't actually get without selecting a package.

Last edited:
AFAIK there is nothing that BMW makes you option that the BW doesn't make you option as well. If anything, BMW gives you more than the BW.

I'm a bit confused with this. The M3 build page is laid out MUCH better the BW order page. I actually wrote out a half page comparison as to why the BMW build site is drastically better than GM's. But I know now one wants to read a super long rant on that so I'm just going to summarize.

BMW separates their M3 by transmission and drive type. They have very little overlap in their packaging/options and they do no allow/show options that would break your desired build by transmission or drive type. Every single option and package has a picture and description to go along with it. If you see it as an option or package then it is available on your vehicle and you can get it. They have between 15 and 16 total options you can select depending on if you want a comp or non comp.

GM on the other hand does not separate out their transmission types from each other or even the regular V from the Blackwing. It does not have pictures for every option, it does not describe what certain things do, it offers you packages/options which you can not get on all transmissions(breaks your build), it has options as selections that don't do anything and it continually offers pieces of packages as individual options when they are actually only part of a package. They have 49 different options you can select of which nearly 80% are just repeated line items you can't actually get without selecting a package.
It sounds like you've done your analysis, so I won't argue there. I can only go off of my own experience using the builders. To me, it was way easier to use the Cadillac builder than the BMW builder. This is probably just confirmation that I'm a weirdo. :D

It sounds like you've done your analysis, so I won't argue there. I can only go off of my own experience using the builders. To me, it was way easier to use the Cadillac builder than the BMW builder. This is probably just confirmation that I'm a weirdo. :D

Hey, you like what you like. I just never expected someone to say they liked the GM builder better. But I'm sure others will come on here and say the same thing you did.

My favorite part of the BMW build your own page was that I got a car 6 months later! Not to mention the fact that I was able to track it every step of the way. :)
Yea, that's got to be painful waiting. I'm sure if my car was built and just sitting on the lot, it'd be hard not to go crazy. Are there not the same delays and constraints on the German side?

Yea, that's got to be painful waiting. I'm sure if my car was built and just sitting on the lot, it'd be hard not to go crazy. Are there not the same delays and constraints on the German side?
There was about a 2-3 week delay at the Port of Galveston waiting for chips for the audio system. My build week was also pushed back a few weeks for whatever reason. But it was 6 months from order to delivery. From another country!

Once you get your order number, you plug it in to the My BMW garage site and you can watch a timeline as it moves through the various stages:

-Order received
-Scheduled for production
-Production begins
-Exterior body assembly begins
-In the paint booth
-Entering assembly line
-Assembly in progress
-Quality check
-Final assembly
-Ready for transport
-Awaiting carrier assignment
-Dispatched from factory
-At the port
-In transit (at this point I got the name of the ship that it was on from the BMW genius line (stupid name) and track it across the ocean with a marine tracking app)
-At the dealership

CDAE131A-9B83-46EF-B8A3-EBCDE965FCDA.jpeg
2494683A-DE47-4C74-A3CF-CAB9D360CA91.png

It's wild that in a car without a "dud" option in the form of a poorly implemented auto or manual, that people are so passionate about what someone else picks. I don't get it, might as well argue about color at that point.

One thing that was a bit of a surprise and adjustment was how easy the manual was to drive. Was looking forward to the mechanical reward of a well driven manual trans, but hell... from all the torque at pretty much any RPM, to active rev matching, to hill hold assist, any goof can look like a seasoned hero in this thing. I must be too used to old garbage that made you "earn" the privilege of things like selecting 3rd gear...

Just curious if there is any update on the manual being on constraint. Was this ever confirmed?

My order for manual was picked up in April and built earlier this week.

A Cadillac dealer did tell me that manual was harder to get so it might have been true. But if you look at the national inventory there is a good mix in transit currently.

My order for manual was picked up in April and built earlier this week.

A Cadillac dealer did tell me that manual was harder to get so it might have been true. But if you look at the national inventory there is a good mix in transit currently.
Great thanks. My dealer told me the same thing but never went as far to say it's on constraint. I placed my order for a '23 4BW and am at 1100. They said they had an allocation for me but now I'm questioning that. I thought if nothing is constrained you go to 2000 right away with an allocation.

Great thanks. My dealer told me the same thing but never went as far to say it's on constraint. I placed my order for a '23 4BW and am at 1100. They said they had an allocation for me but now I'm questioning that. I thought if nothing is constrained you go to 2000 right away with an allocation.
Did you just place the order? If so it should change status Tuesday/Wednesday.

I believe dealers get allocations on Thursdays and need them in by Saturday then they are accepted by GM on Tuesdays. I'm not 100% sure how accurate that is.

If they said they have an allocation and you just placed it then maybe it just needs to get picked up next week.

When did you place the order? I think the BW’s both CT4 and 5 aren’t taking orders until end of month or July from what I read currently. Someone with more knowledge feel free to correct me if I’m wrong please.

Unpopular take, and just my honest opinion: if you want an auto, just get a Camry. This car is meant to have a manual. Everyone has their reasons for getting an auto, and they are all wrong. 😉
thats how i feel! if manuals didnt exist i would buy a tesla model 3 performance. 0-60 in 3 for around 60k!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back