Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

No Manual

You did the right thing, don't falter now!
Second that. If you wanted an auto why wait, you could get a clean 3rd gen CTS-V.

Get whatever makes you happy man.
Before my current car (which wasn't available in stick) I drove stick for over 15 years. I've been going back and forth in my head since I ordered the CT5 (October) about whether to switch the order to auto. Finally decided to switch. Pros and cons to each, but I really do find myself in manual mode most of the time with my current auto lol. Probably a good indicator of where my heart is.

True, the 3rd gen has it's shortcomings. I'd be curious to see how many here are trading an auto CTSV for a BW Auto.

True, the 3rd gen has it's shortcomings. I'd be curious to see how many here are trading an auto CTSV for a BW Auto.
I went CTS-V to BW Auto. I went auto because this is my work car also, most importantly, which pays for the car. I know the enthusiast think it’s dumb to have auto and I have questioned it times but overall it’s the right choice for me.

BTW the BW is 30x better than the CTS. The CTS was a larger sedan with a ton of power. The BW is a track/race car. When you go to Spring Mountain you’ll see. The BW is meant to be on the track.

I went CTS-V to BW Auto. I went auto because this is my work car also, most importantly, which pays for the car. I know the enthusiast think it’s dumb to have auto and I have questioned it times but overall it’s the right choice for me.

BTW the BW is 30x better than the CTS. The CTS was a larger sedan with a ton of power. The BW is a track/race car. When you go to Spring Mountain you’ll see. The BW is meant to be on the track.
Glad you are getting what you want!! Only you know what makes you happy.
Don't ever fall prey to that "purists speak for all of us" crap. I'm a hardcore enthusiast. I've been in love with cars and driving them/being driven in them since I can remember. Guess what? Never owned a manual transmission yet. Learned to drive on one, but have never owned one. Who cares what other people think? Most of the ones running their mouths about that crap are journalists and YouTubers who think they speak for the enthusiast community. In all seriousness though, TRUE enthusiasts know that the strength of the industry often is tied to the number of ways you can configure your car to meet YOUR needs and desires. That's what makes it so much fun. People that crap on others for the way they configure their vehicle aren't enthusiasts...they're just donkey-ditches. :)

I did. Only regret it about 5% of the time and know its better for my situation the other 95% (I have another car for a manual drive when desired)

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners