Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

No Manual

Whole reason I’m buying one is the manual. My C8 is the first corvette I’ve owned that wasn’t manual and I miss it.
Me as well, G8 GXP’s and SS’s were others I was looking for years but then this came out and it was now or never. Plus the fact those others we’re selling high for the year/mileage.

Most enthusiasts have strong opinions about this. Having owned the same cars with a manual and auto trans I can safely say manual is not always the answer. Most manufacturers have been phoning it in for years when it comes to improving manual trannys (Vague clutch engagement points, floppy shifter feel). With less than 3% of vehicles produced being manual, the engineers have a 2 pedal focus.

It really depends on how you plan to use the car. Anyone on this forum could make a strong argument for the manual or the 10A. Most of us here have not had the pleasure of driving a BW at all and so much time goes by sitting at 1100 that you can't help but second guess your build. 5 months ago I passed up the opportunity to buy (at MSRP) a fully optioned Ct5BW 10A w CF2. I test drove a 18 Ctsv for 20 mins and that was enough to sway my decision. I made peace with it and I've been at 1100 since August.

If this is going to be the last V8, RWD sedan I plan to buy then it has to have 3 pedals. That being said, If there's one thing I learned from this forum you can't go wrong with choosing a BW regardless of the build.

Unpopular take, and just my honest opinion: if you want an auto, just get a Camry. This car is meant to have a manual. Everyone has their reasons for getting an auto, and they are all wrong. 😉
All I can do is 🤣 at this while I drive my car and 😀, as I have done for the last 7 months.

Aesthetically, I find the CT5 way more appealing inside and out. Also, the A10 is supposedly much better than the 3rd gen A8.
I have the A10 in my ZL1 it is a fantastic transmission on street or track (Road America).

After driving various manuals over the last 53 years I have reached the point where I don’t owe anyone an explanation for choosing the A10. These discussions can be idiotic at times. Especially when someone starts talking how they want to be one with the car, needs to connect, wants to feel the driving experience, etc
Seriously? Then give up the power windows, seats, power brakes, power steering, mirrors, AC, etc

Now, I wish I could afford two of these cars. One would be the M6. Much easier to do burnouts and doughnuts in the Walmart parking lot.

For the record, my 2017 SS was also an auto;) May 2017 C7 was a manual.

Last edited:
Especially when someone starts talking how they want to be one with the car, needs to connect, wants to feel the driving experience, etc
Seriously? Then give up the power windows, seats, power brakes, power steering, mirrors, AC, etc
My very first car, a Camaro, was exactly that, no power brakes, no power steering, no AC. When it was 110F in Arizona my shirt back would be soaked and stuck to the vinyl seats. I was literally one with the car. - I’ve paid my dues.

I don’t buy into the “one with the car” crap, but for me a V8 with a 6-spd ups the fun factor immensely. If it wasn’t for the MT I wouldn’t give the car a second look. There are far too many other great cars.

the 6spd was also a main driver for me to get the 5bw..

However, after 700+ miles of daily driving type duties, I have caught myself several times wondering if I should have opted for an auto.

I think @Tall Steve did it right, a manny 5 for the garage queen and an a10 4bw for daily duties.

the 6spd was also a main driver for me to get the 5bw..

However, after 700+ miles of daily driving type duties, I have caught myself several times wondering if I should have opted for an auto.

I think @Tall Steve did it right, a manny 5 for the garage queen and an a10 4bw for daily duties.
Oddly, I'm starting to think about maybe picking up a manual 4BW after seeing so many great reviews. Maybe....also getting tempted by the C8 Z06 so we'll see...

Manual everyday of the week, its this cars selling point.

Now if you don't want manual thats fine, unlike the CTS-V the 5BW has a much better interior and infotainment, but now its just another sedan. The price point is nice and obviously the Germans cost more but I'd probably spend another 20k and get an E63S or an M5 over an automatic 5BW or I'd go buy a Hellcat.

Obviously the auto 5BW fills a niche with Hellcat Redeye pricing but a much nicer interior, better tech and better driving dynamics and if thats what you want, go for it. I just believe that when it comes to transmissions the Blackwings should be manual but I don't care how you spend your money, the fate of the manual has already been determined, it doesn't matter if it was a 100% take rate, the car will die and be replaced with electric in a few years so get whatever you want.

I'll be getting the manual because its the only V8 sedan with a stick I can buy brand new.

I'll be getting the manual because its the only V8 sedan with a stick I can buy brand new.
Yea, honestly, I'd love an M3 Comp xDrive if we're just talking performance. But between my sister getting the new i4 M50, and the front end on the M3, and the fact that I always swore I'd never own an BMW, and the $15k I'm saving going with the 4BW...it just made sense to me to get the Caddy. I love the idea of having a car that not many people have. It's not like M3's are cheap or inferior in any way, but when people want performance sedans, they go German. So I am happy to be the exception. I like swimming upstream. Herd life not for me!

I can’t wait to do some swimming, right now I can’t even find any water.

Yea, honestly, I'd love an M3 Comp xDrive if we're just talking performance. But between my sister getting the new i4 M50, and the front end on the M3, and the fact that I always swore I'd never own an BMW, and the $15k I'm saving going with the 4BW...it just made sense to me to get the Caddy. I love the idea of having a car that not many people have. It's not like M3's are cheap or inferior in any way, but when people want performance sedans, they go German. So I am happy to be the exception. I like swimming upstream. Herd life not for me!
I'm not gonna lie, someone posted that Vorsteiner grill replacement for the M3, and that pretty much fixed the ugly for me. I just think at the end of the day, the 4BW is a better value for the money. Plus, that sweet sweet Tremec 6sp.

Another thing to add, my young kids think it is cool, and that is another reason. I wanted them to have an opportunity to drive one. Driving anything in the future will be an auto, the is a rarity in the world.

I'm not gonna lie, someone posted that Vorsteiner grill replacement for the M3, and that pretty much fixed the ugly for me. I just think at the end of the day, the 4BW is a better value for the money. Plus, that sweet sweet Tremec 6sp.
Pretty much how I decided. I tried to order a manual M3, fully spec out, I'm looking at $100K. For $20-25K less, the 4BW has pretty much all the stuff that BMW will try to nickel & dime you for, as standard.

Pretty much how I decided. I tried to order a manual M3, fully spec out, I'm looking at $100K. For $20-25K less, the 4BW has pretty much all the stuff that BMW will try to nickel & dime you for, as standard.
I don’t know, the BWs have a pretty Germanic list of options.

I don’t know, the BWs have a pretty Germanic list of options.
I didn't have the same experience on my build. I checked every box that I could in terms of "packages", picked the premium wheels and color calipers I wanted...and took CF1/2 off. Was like a 4-5 minute process.

Meanwhile, I've spent upwards of 2 hours researching what the bleep some of the packages mean on the German cars, and often they combine things that you don't have to get in a package, but they don't tell you that because they want you to pay extra for stuff you don't need. For the new M3, I have never seen so many freaking options in my life. It's mind boggling. Like, pay extra and get a line that is on the lights, but it's only on these lights, and if you get this other exterior package, then this stripe by the lights will also be there, but not in the package, but also a package that isn't a package. It's a cluster, and I personally can't see how anyone could spec a car out without going into the office and letting a rep help.

Dealer told me today that manual is on constraint. Anyone else here this. This is getting ridiculous now.

GM workbench is down at the moment so I don't have the ability to double check but last I looked, that's not correct...

However, manual WITH carbon fiber, specifically CFZ (carbon pkg 1, which includes those who get pkg 2 as well) is on constraint...

As we age we break easier.
1.Broke my upper left arm about 12 years ago. My manual car sat for 3 months
2. ACL replacement twice, the manuals sat unused again for awhile.
3. Rear ended while riding one of my motorcycles 1 1/2 years and right shoulder was out of commission for many months.

Any serious knee, leg, arm, hand, shoulder injury or surgery will make sure the car is parked for awhile.

The manual has better resale value, can be more fun to drive (at times, other times in traffic they suck) and attracts more attention. Myself, I want to drive the car as much as possible and I recognize my own mortality. It’s nice to have choices

Interesting fact. The dealer I ordered my BW thru requires a $1k deposit if you order the A10. For the M6 they wanted $5k. Sales person told me the manual is always more difficult to sell and more people seem to back out of the deal on manuals compared to the A10. Believe it or not, but that is what they told me.

GM proved with the C8 people will still buy the car if manual doesn’t exist.

Last edited:
Interesting fact. The dealer I ordered my BW thru requires a $1k deposit if you order the A10. For the M6 they wanted $5k. Sales person told me the manual is always more difficult to sell and more people seem to back out of the deal on manuals compared to the A10. Believe it or not, but that is what they told me.
Not sure I would believe what most dealers say. Now all of the sudden with no new cars on dealers lots they’re worried about having too much inventory. In today’s environment any new car on a lot will sell very quickly. You would think having a BW on the lot would be a benefit in selling more cars.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back