Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Wiring harness issue

ArgentWing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
I received a letter from Cadillac today informing me of a potential issue with the wiring harness contacting the brake line. The fix is installation of an anti abrasion sleeve. Anyone else get this notification?

Yes we got it. But I can’t get mine done due to the strike and the parts not being shipped

Is this issue for 4BW or 5BW?

Anyone have a picture? Maybe we can go put some protective wrap or zip tie it somewhere so it doesn't rub.

I’ve been thinking of going to the garage, take the cover off and looking to see if the problem is visible and a temp fix with electrical tape or similar

I had the recall performed a week ago on 9/28. My dealer called me the day the recall came out and the part was ordered before the strike started.

There is an anti abrasion sleeve for the wire harness and it gets zip tied away from the brake line. The tech inspects the brake line, if there are signs of abrasion, the brake line gets replaced.

It took about 2 hours for the work to be done.

Is this on all 4BW or 22's? I have a 23 and have not received the notice.

Mine is a 23 and I got the notice. Mine is 017 so it’s an early 2023

My 23 had the recall and they were able to get the parts after about two weeks. I dropped it off this morning, took a loaner for the day (base CT4… kind of wish they at least had CT4V’s), and got mine back this afternoon. I also used this as an opportunity to switch to PS4 all seasons for winter and they didn’t even mark the tires up too much, so I’m pretty happy with the outcome!

Does anybody know the VIN range?

I got the notice for my '22 4VBW and the dealer said they'll have the part in a few days, I am going to get the work done next Monday.

I received a letter from Cadillac today informing me of a potential issue with the wiring harness contacting the brake line. The fix is installation of an anti abrasion sleeve. Anyone else get this notification?
Got the letter; dealer has to inspect first then order part. Two trips to dealer if it needs the work.

My dealer not requiring two visits. They simply ordered the part and will install it next week, they said its about 90 minutes of work.

Hmmmm… my dealer told me he can’t get the parts due to the strike.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back