Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Marco Island Florida

Beach Bum

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Blackwing
2023 5 Blackwing Manual
Is there an indicator anywhere showing when the rev matching is engaged?

I don’t know anything about sports mode, but I was proud when I figured out how to turn the heated seat and heated steering wheel off. Seems they come on automatically when when “ the frost is on the pumpkin”.

Thank you. This was “driving” me nuts. I could feel the difference, but couldn’t believe there was no indicator. Any other little tricks you can share?

The owners manual is your best friend, welcome...
Couldn’t find the rev match indicator info anywhere in the manual or accompanying V-series pamphlet. So, there may be some other secrets not in the owners manual regarding the manual transmission.

Couldn’t find the rev match indicator info anywhere in the manual or accompanying V-series pamphlet. So, there may be some other secrets not in the owners manual regarding the manual transmission.
Oh, I'm sorry, 253 and 254 in manual... I'm not trying to be mean, I think people should read a little....

GM needs a short version of this manual referring to performance sections only seems like it covers the whole line. Ridiculous.

2023 5 Blackwing Manual
Is there an indicator anywhere showing when the rev matching is engaged?
on my ct4 bw manual, the rev matching is indicated by the change of color of the gear indicator on the dashboard. the gear indicator is white when not rev matching, and turns to yellow with rev matching. I'm assuming it will be the same on the 5BW.

on my ct4 bw manual, the rev matching is indicated by the change of color of the gear indicator on the dashboard. the gear indicator is white when not rev matching, and turns to yellow with rev matching. I'm assuming it will be the same on the 5BW.

I seem to recall that the color also changes in the HUD, hope I'm not imagining that.

Yup, I read that when going into neutral the rev-match becomes disengaged.

No, it stays engaged until you turn it off or until the next key cycle.
Perhaps I had too many adult beverages while reading the pamphlets....

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back