Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2nd oil change with 1700 miles driven on 5BW, 13% on the "maintenance indicator"

ChiBW

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
My oil change indicator showed 13% on the 5BW. I changed the oil. The oil looked very good, nearly new ish. Then I checked. The oil was changed last in April 2023. I only drove 1700 miles since then. It seems like that the indicator does not take the actual oil condition into account, at least not when reaching the 1 year mark. I looked back at the Onstar emails and even when not driven the oil % is going down. Any ideas?

Yeah it must take time into account. The system was reset after the last change.

In the case stated above, I would simply document the mileage, level and condition of the oil and reset the system.

Yup, it figures time into it. Mines due for its second oil change at only about 3800 miles. I did it last april. My mothers '17 cts wants an oil change yearly too, and that just hit 20k miles.

As mentioned, the algorithm factors in more than just mileage. The algorithm calculates mileage, idle time, engine temperatures, trip times, engine loads, and ignition starts and stops and tries to estimate the condition of the oil.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back