Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Road trip

Slick Blackwings

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 V Blackwing. 2024 CT5V Blackwing
Well some of you know we have 22 5 BW A10 which has been flawless, 2+ years ago placed order with Sewell Dallas last week picked up car 6 sp full carbon ( 22 had to drop carbon) held hostage by Mother Nature 9 degrees 2/3 inches snow in Texas is blizzard 🌨️ conditions for them! Whole place shut down. Got out headed South East to Baton Rouge trying to outrun cold, white knuckles drive roads ice covered roads wrecks everywhere nightmare, somehow got there. Still cold next day ran to New Orleans spent 1/2 day again cold had lunch decided not our liking hit the road. Ran hard to Pensacola beach weather starting to come around, laid up 2 days.Car at 700 miles seems ok, wife says not quicker than 22. Onward to Ocala starting to put down the hammer only seeing 9 pds boost (11 pds on 22 A10) Today down to Marco Island almost 1600 will change oil Monday, must say these people down here run hard 90/100! Laying up couple days. I’m going to reserve judgement of manual over A10 till we get home. Trip continues next week. Just thought I’d share, Sorry for long post!
IMG_0411.jpeg

Cheers
Richard

Glad you made it through the weather! Snow and ice in the south is a whole 'nother animal. Good luck with the new car.

This was a mild version of a Texas winter storm. Unfortunately, this is the 3rd in the past 4 winters - and 2 in a row. It was only cold without precipitation here in Central Texas, and power was reliable too. Only a month left till Spring..........

Congrats on the manual !!

Congrats on the manual! Surely @dribs15 can't be far behind??

Reserve your judgement on power until the car is fully broken in!

Ha! The way it GUZZLES FUEL you would think it has 100 HP more! A10 run har will get 18/20, 6 SP 16 Mpg🤣🐐

Don't forget to hit up the Snook Inn in Marco! Love that place for live tunes and cold drinks.

Well some of you know we have 22 5 BW A10 which has been flawless, 2+ years ago placed order with Sewell Dallas last week picked up car 6 sp full carbon ( 22 had to drop carbon) held hostage by Mother Nature 9 degrees 2/3 inches snow in Texas is blizzard 🌨️ conditions for them! Whole place shut down. Got out headed South East to Baton Rouge trying to outrun cold, white knuckles drive roads ice covered roads wrecks everywhere nightmare, somehow got there. Still cold next day ran to New Orleans spent 1/2 day again cold had lunch decided not our liking hit the road. Ran hard to Pensacola beach weather starting to come around, laid up 2 days.Car at 700 miles seems ok, wife says not quicker than 22. Onward to Ocala starting to put down the hammer only seeing 9 pds boost (11 pds on 22 A10) Today down to Marco Island almost 1600 will change oil Monday, must say these people down here run hard 90/100! Laying up couple days. I’m going to reserve judgement of manual over A10 till we get home. Trip continues next week. Just thought I’d share, Sorry for long post!View attachment 23754
Cheers
Richard
Bring it down to Sebring February 9th for the SCCA track day event. There will be a few more including myself

Onward Marco Island across gator alley Miami up to Delray Beach, seems to develop miss 6 gear low rpm 2000+/- on acceleration could be bad gas? Also have hum/buzz/drone on deceleration 5/6 gear only between 80/50 mp! thought it might be the exhaust changing modes does not make a difference. Anybody else have this? Lay up for couple days.

IDK. I’m rarely at 2K RPMs. Usually like to keep it closer to 3K. If I was at 2K and wanted to accelerate I’d downshift.

IDK. I’m rarely at 2K RPMs. Usually like to keep it closer to 3K. If I was at 2K and wanted to accelerate I’d downshift.
Next time out do me a favor, see if it you can get it to feel like it’s missing.
You could be right about low RPM, still think it should just pull smoothly

Next time out do me a favor, see if it you can get it to feel like it’s missing.
You could be right about low RPM, still think it should just pull smoothly
There's only one way to get this sorted out. Swing through Philly on your way home and let me drive your car for a few days to "evaluate" things.

Congrats on the manual! Surely @dribs15 can't be far behind??

Reserve your judgement on power until the car is fully broken in!
🤔🤫... now that Radiant Red tint coat is back (that is the same color as 2022, right?)... tempted for a MY 25 with black/tan interior, M6... but am paying close attention to our buddy Slick Rick's adventures.

Delray Beach to Charleston Place, Charleston SC. Still have what I call miss 6 gear 80 mph 2000 RPM on acceleration should be smooth clears up after 4000 RPM. No good in my humble opinion. Definitely not bad gas, ran too much through it. O well they’ll figure it out. Couple days here then mad dash home try to beat weather! one more thing the manual is definitely not good on fuel mileage averaging 17 versus A10 will get 18/20( same idiot driver) and much quieter cruising
CHEERS
There's only one way to get this sorted out. Swing through Philly on your way home and let me drive your car for a few days to "evaluate" things
I’ll think about it and let you know.
🤔🤫... now that Radiant Red tint coat is back (that is the same color as 2022, right?)... tempted for a MY 25 with black/tan interior, M6... but am paying close attention to our buddy Slick Rick's adventures.
Keep the A10 and save $

Well some of you know we have 22 5 BW A10 which has been flawless, 2+ years ago placed order with Sewell Dallas last week picked up car 6 sp full carbon ( 22 had to drop carbon) held hostage by Mother Nature 9 degrees 2/3 inches snow in Texas is blizzard 🌨️ conditions for them! Whole place shut down. Got out headed South East to Baton Rouge trying to outrun cold, white knuckles drive roads ice covered roads wrecks everywhere nightmare, somehow got there. Still cold next day ran to New Orleans spent 1/2 day again cold had lunch decided not our liking hit the road. Ran hard to Pensacola beach weather starting to come around, laid up 2 days.Car at 700 miles seems ok, wife says not quicker than 22. Onward to Ocala starting to put down the hammer only seeing 9 pds boost (11 pds on 22 A10) Today down to Marco Island almost 1600 will change oil Monday, must say these people down here run hard 90/100! Laying up couple days. I’m going to reserve judgement of manual over A10 till we get home. Trip continues next week. Just thought I’d share, Sorry for long post!View attachment 23754
Cheers
Richard
I would be very careful in that snow/ice with the current tires on it. I could never find winter tires for my 5BW so it stays in the garage. I do have blizzack tires on my 4BW which in Massachusetts has been safe. Safe travels.

@dribs15 ...just to clarify, Infrared and Radiant Red are slightly different. So close, I'm not sure you'd really know unless side by side.

@dribs15 ...just to clarify, Infrared and Radiant Red are slightly different. So close, I'm not sure you'd really know unless side by side.
So I'm thinking that Infrared tint coat was 22 and Radiant Red tint coat is 24?
Loved the 22 color... and just saw the 24, which now that you mention it does look a little more like a red wine shade vs the 22 which has slightly more of a red pop to it. Both are nice though. Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering why they'd skip a year and just bring back the same color... but I then thought they just realized how bad ass it looked!

Last edited:
Delray Beach to Charleston Place, Charleston SC. Still have what I call miss 6 gear 80 mph 2000 RPM on acceleration should be smooth clears up after 4000 RPM. No good in my humble opinion. Definitely not bad gas, ran too much through it. O well they’ll figure it out. Couple days here then mad dash home try to beat weather! one more thing the manual is definitely not good on fuel mileage averaging 17 versus A10 will get 18/20( same idiot driver) and much quieter cruising
CHEERS

I’ll think about it and let you know.

Keep the A10 and save $
Thanks for the update... btw, any chance there is the camshaft actuator position magnet sticking like in some 22's? If you read towards the bottom it can feel like a transmission issue... and I remember in the forums people mentioning that it was occurring at lower rpms.
I attached the old 2022 service bulletin.

Hey south jersey/Philly... let's get some beers (I know that I specifically at least owe @Throat Yogurt a call).

Screenshot_20240124_104559_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners