Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hello lads. New ct4v BW

Turtleb00st

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 4vBW
First post. I own a 2024 ct4v BW. Purchased a couple weeks ago. Did my personal preferred break in procedure. I just hit 500 miles a few days ago

I traded in a f80 competition 6 speed. I could not be happier. The BW chassis is so much better. The magnaride is amazing. The tr6060 is amazing. The lt4 sounds much better than I thought a v6 could sound, especially compared to my old s55.

The only thing I dislike is some visuals from the front end at certain angles. There appears to be too much front overhang. The non carbon package front ends look soft as well…..

I already installed 15mm spacers, renick lowering springs, and a tapout front lip. The front angles look a lot better to my weird/odd brain 😂🤣

I consider my self a gear head. I have built a few 4g63’s, as well as a few dsm transmissions. I also tune Mitsubishis. I currently own a 1994 lancer evo 2, as well a 1992 awd dsm. I hope to be able to share some knowledge, and opinions.

Attachments

• 43F3C486-1E57-4464-831C-11EAFD57DD62.jpeg
    43F3C486-1E57-4464-831C-11EAFD57DD62.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 98
  • C4F3873A-4E46-48A6-B8E6-16A1D59322DD.jpeg
    C4F3873A-4E46-48A6-B8E6-16A1D59322DD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
  • 01BA6F44-5614-4459-A466-3D354DDB6717.jpeg
    01BA6F44-5614-4459-A466-3D354DDB6717.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 82
  • 35CAF03D-DED6-4C2A-8B8D-9FEF6A1A2E25.jpeg
    35CAF03D-DED6-4C2A-8B8D-9FEF6A1A2E25.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
  • 0D29C025-5CC6-48F9-A254-B17B5C2FD8D5.jpeg
    0D29C025-5CC6-48F9-A254-B17B5C2FD8D5.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I wanted to add some info for visibility concerning the wheel spacers I installed.

I originally purchased H&R spacers with studs as one piece. The design of the cone portion of the nut does not sit flush thus were not comparable with the oem wheels

I ended up getting some ebay/tiawan/China 15mm spacers with studs installed. Quality is actually very good. I installed the spacers and they appeared flush, and passes the feel test.

Luckily a nice guy on FB told me to check the studs in the hole in the wheel. Sure enough they were making contact with the recess/hole in the stock wheel. I guess Cadillac studs are slightly different than Camaro studs. A couple mm longer.

It appeared only the rears had issue, but I hit the factory studs with an angle grinder on all 4 sides. Wheels are now flush and bolted to the hub correctly.

Congrats and welcome to the club, turtle! You will find that there are quite a few of us that came from BMW, especially M cars (G82 for me). No regrets!

<---Lexat20 from EvoM
Haven't posted there in years however. I do miss my VIII every day.

<---Lexat20 from EvoM
Haven't posted there in years however. I do miss my VIII every day.
I will always have one in my life. I absolutely love my evo 2.

Stock turbo, gsc s2 cams, evo 3 16g, e85

Car is making around 375-385whp, weighs 2550lb, and has short gearing. It’s an absolute blast.

I will always have one in my life. I absolutely love my evo 2.

Stock turbo, gsc s2 cams, evo 3 16g, e85

Car is making around 375-385whp, weighs 2550lb, and has short gearing. It’s an absolute blast.
By the time I was finished with mine it was running C16 on a 3065 Buschur kit. 272's, ARP's, Robi spec'd. Did everything but open the motor:
pWR1Ar1.jpg

By the time I was finished with mine it was running C16 on a 3065 Buschur kit. 272's, ARP's, Robi spec'd. Did everything but open the motor:
pWR1Ar1.jpg
Sounds like it was a hoot. 3065 is an absolutely amazing turbo. IMO it is the best street turbo out there.

Car looks amazing in that pic

Welcome!

I on the other hand find the rear end awkward looking unless the CF spoiler is present.

The spacers and springs really help complete the look.

First post. I own a 2024 ct4v BW. Purchased a couple weeks ago. Did my personal preferred break in procedure. I just hit 500 miles a few days ago

I traded in a f80 competition 6 speed. I could not be happier. The BW chassis is so much better. The magnaride is amazing. The tr6060 is amazing. The lt4 sounds much better than I thought a v6 could sound, especially compared to my old s55.

The only thing I dislike is some visuals from the front end at certain angles. There appears to be too much front overhang. The non carbon package front ends look soft as well…..

I already installed 15mm spacers, renick lowering springs, and a tapout front lip. The front angles look a lot better to my weird/odd brain 😂🤣

I consider my self a gear head. I have built a few 4g63’s, as well as a few dsm transmissions. I also tune Mitsubishis. I currently own a 1994 lancer evo 2, as well a 1992 awd dsm. I hope to be able to share some knowledge, and opinions.
Looks like you still need the Tapout carbon wheel deflectors. Also, there is an additional plastic air deflector under the nose of the carbon spoiler cars you can see here. It's a cheap part and simple install if you care. Carbon fiber PN database.

Welcome!

I on the other hand find the rear end awkward looking unless the CF spoiler is present.

The spacers and springs really help complete the look.
Yeah the rear is easily the worst looking part of the car. Not a fan of the envelope trunk shape. Lot of blank space without any lines to help break it up. Agreed the CF spoiler helps tremendously. The stock black spoiler just doesn't do it for some reason.

Break in is not 500 miles. Check the owner's manual.

Welcome!! I also came from the DSM world. Had a 1GA making around 550whp on a 3586R. Black cherry with silver car like John Shepherd's. I believe it ended up in Florida as well.

Another ex-DSMer here lol

1990 tsi awd. Ported 18g, fmic, 3” turbo back, 550cc injectors etc etc.

Break in is not 500 miles. Check the owner's manual.
Lol your heart will break when you find out I was WOT within the first 75 miles up to the lower rev limit. Multiple WOT full boost pulls and max vacuum from the lower “break-in” redline. You break in your motors how you like, I will use the method my research has shown me to work 😁

And hello fellow dsm’ers. Hope you guys are doing well. Iv owned mine since 2001. It was my first car. New setup should get me a 9 🤞

Lol your heart will break when you find out I was WOT within the first 75 miles up to the lower rev limit. Multiple WOT full boost pulls and max vacuum from the lower “break-in” redline. You break in your motors how you like, I will use the method my research has shown me to work 😁

And hello fellow dsm’ers. Hope you guys are doing well. Iv owned mine since 2001. It was my first car. New setup should get me a 9 🤞
Good luck with that. GM can void your warranty. Car manufacturers look for anything to void paying warranty claims.

This video about break-in (while about the LT6) explains why you should follow their recommendations. I would consider it also to apply to modern engines as a whole.

Most excellent shbox. I've tended to largely (but not completely) discount the idea of a necessary 500 mile (or whatever) break in period as manufacturers just not wanting things to break early on when they would clearly be responsible. That being said I've never pushed things too hard too early. Interesting - in the video they say 500 mile break in period for road driving....1500 on;y necessary for track...

I'm not an expert but I don't disagree. I used to always push my cars moderately hard early on and felt that they revved better over the long term because of it. Not scientific, but compared to other;s I knew with the same cars mine always seemed more lively...(and no seeming long term reliability hits)...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back