Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V New Owner!

Cadillac CT4-V model

ST Expat

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Delighted to join the club, picked up a 2022 BW 6MT today! Decided to go used as this was equipped with every option I wanted, including CF1 and 2. Plus the wife is getting new wheels in a couple of months so it made the most sense financially.
1000015676.jpg

1000015677.jpg

I did have a few questions I was hoping to get some help on:
  • The front splitter is cracked. Has anyone had luck buying aftermarket ones on eBay? OEM is backordered and if I can find a stopgap replacement, I'd prefer that instead of rolling cracked CF. I don't think it's repairable.
  • Am I eligible to get the Blackwing badges from GM as I'm now the second owner?
  • Suggestions on best SD card for PDR?
  • Both rear taillights have some hazing inside them. I assume this would be covered under bumper to bumper?
Cheers!

Congrats and welcome!

The questions I have answers to:
  • I don't think you are eligible for the Blackwing badge, however I bought them from GM for about $40.
  • The consensus on the best SD card when I bought mine back in 2022 was this one: Amazon.com which has worked flawlessly.
  • The taillight hazing is a common issue on 2022s, and people have had success getting them replaced under warranty.
Good luck and enjoy!

That same vintage SD card in a 256 GB works also.

Awesome ride - enjoy!

You got the right color!

Congrats and welcome.

I think it's too late to get the badges thru Cadillac

Congrats and welcome!

The questions I have answers to:
  • I don't think you are eligible for the Blackwing badge, however I bought them from GM for about $40.
  • The consensus on the best SD card when I bought mine back in 2022 was this one: Amazon.com which has worked flawlessly.
  • The taillight hazing is a common issue on 2022s, and people have had success getting them replaced under warranty.
Good luck and enjoy!
I've got that SD card coming today, and decided to order an OEM Blackwing badge through Wildhammer Sports. Appreciate your help!

Congratulations!

Congrats and welcome! For the splitter, I'd suggest just using some tape like this Amazon.com as a stopgap while the replacement is on it's way. I can't imagine any of the ebay types would fit well or match OEM. Since you're in Ohio too, you could check out Tapout Tuning Tapout Tuning CT4-V Blackwing Front Splitter - Tapout Tuning for theirs, but verify you're OK with the carbon color shade before you install. The OEM has a sort of gold/amber color, and Tapout is more of a silver tinge. Otherwise, theirs is OEM quality. Tapout had an open house Fall 2022 Tapout Tuning V-Day Gathering!, so look out if they have another. It's a blast seeing it and watching them dyno their car.

Congrats and welcome! For the splitter, I'd suggest just using some tape like this Amazon.com as a stopgap while the replacement is on it's way. I can't imagine any of the ebay types would fit well or match OEM. Since you're in Ohio too, you could check out Tapout Tuning Tapout Tuning CT4-V Blackwing Front Splitter - Tapout Tuning for theirs, but verify you're OK with the carbon color shade before you install. The OEM has a sort of gold/amber color, and Tapout is more of a silver tinge. Otherwise, theirs is OEM quality. Tapout had an open house Fall 2022 Tapout Tuning V-Day Gathering!, so look out if they have another. It's a blast seeing it and watching them dyno their car.
I'm so glad I saw this because I spoke with Scott at Tapout this morning regarding the splitter and was going to order it tonight. I have the dive planes too, so if the color variance between those and the new splitter is significant that might be an issue. I'll take a look in the garage now to get a better handle on it!

I'm so glad I saw this because I spoke with Scott at Tapout this morning regarding the splitter and was going to order it tonight. I have the dive planes too, so if the color variance between those and the new splitter is significant that might be an issue. I'll take a look in the garage now to get a better handle on it!
Sort of the reverse of yours, the bottom photo Carbon fiber PN database. shows the OEM splitter and dive planes with the Tapout wheel deflectors. Several pages up that thread you can see some tips about installing the splitter. My car and much of that discussion is about upgrading a non-CF1 car to CF1.

By the way, I'm using the Tapout rear spoiler. It didn't bother me about the slight color difference since it's at the back of the car by itself. I noticed that a 2023 Atlanta Track Edition car at the V-Club event at Cincinnati Cadillac had silver shading on all the CF parts, so even OEM can vary. Kinda scary what may happen in the future for replacement parts.

Last edited:
Got the taillights replaced under warranty today, should have them in a couple of weeks. I'm going to take a risk on the Tapout splitter and also try my hand at some carbon fiber repair on the OEM one. This will likely be my DD for the foreseeable, so probably not a bad idea to have a backup for Ohio Winters 😆

This will likely be my DD for the foreseeable, so probably not a bad idea to have a backup for Ohio Winters
Where in Ohio are you? I'm about 15 miles outside of Columbus.

Now look, we were already at the Ohio quota for Infrared Tintcoat 4BWs! 🤣
shit!! I'm next door to Kings Island and have a Radiant Red on order.

Howdy, & Welcome! 🤠
Like that color....., arrest me red. : )
I see you have the multi - K Carbon package.
Seems Like a lot of the newer models are having that package. Mark up? IDK?
I like the look, but ..., for me at least..., in my 60's it comes across as boy racer, with the canards, and defined trunk wing.
Mine is a 2022, very stealth. Matter of fact, the only place it says BW is on the $3K seats option.
I like the fact that most don't know what it is..., until I put it into V mode.
I travel I 95 a lot, and get a few of euro cruisers that occasionally want to see what a caddy offers.
They are often surprised when the "Clark Kent" Caddy starts pulling away.
Enjoy your new caddy and welcome to the club. : )

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back