Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Factory Service Manual Online

poor-sha

Seasoned Member
I've had several folks reach out via PMs to ask me where I am getting the info from the factory service manual. It's available via subscription online from GM, and I just select the option for a 3-day subscription for $22 - then I print to PDF anything I want for reference later. The subscription is for any GM vehicle so it's pretty handy if you want to look stuff up for more than one car.

1678753750938.png

Did I read that right that you can also get Tech II software on the PC? So I could fix my broken trunk release and reprogram the security module?

Looks like I would get that and SPS2 to actually do the programming. And the correct dongle.

Last edited:
Did I read that right that you can also get Tech II software on the PC? So I could fix my broken trunk release and reprogram the security module?

Looks like I would get that and SPS2 to actually do the programming. And the correct dongle.
You can also use AutoAuth with a compatible tool. I have a MK808S. AutoAuth is only $50/yr.

What kind of cool stuff can you do with that?

Also wild they offer all this software, but still no one is able to crack the EUs smh.

What kind of cool stuff can you do with that?

Also wild they offer all this software, but still no one is able to crack the EUs smh.
Because one is using the OEM Authorized service tool and one is defeating the OEM encryption.

In the realm of SuperCruise and increasingly connected vehicles (IoT), encrypted ECUs are a requirement.

The AC Delco dongle is $750. Not sure I will bother. If I was getting another GM car or knew I wasn't going to sell the V it would be worth it. If I keep the V I will fix it and with the part/dongle/software it is still cheaper than the ridiculous price the dealer quoted for the job.

Anyone have the PN for the AC Delco dongle?

I think you can use any J-2534 tool and there are some available a lot cheaper. There also appear to some MDI devices on ebay for $200-$250.

I think I would buy the Bosch tool when I need one. The knock-offs kinda scare me when it comes to programming an expensive car.

I'm afraid of knock-offs too. Especially if I'm trying to code a security module.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back