Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Any Factory Service Manual Questions?

CT5-V Model
Does the FSM say now to adjust the headlamp aim? They’re a little low for my taste from the factory. Thanks!

I have on Quickjack 7000ext. The lift spread max is 66 and it looks like the ideal minimum for the car is about 70-72. I could only get about half of each lifting puck on the jack last time so I'll turn the units 90-degrees next time (have to do the same for our G05 BMW X5 and it's annoying to do...)

I went ahead and paid for the 3-day access to the online service manuals since I needed it for something on the C7. Does anyone have anything they want me to look up while I have access?
ACDelco TDS

I did check out the alignment procedure and the only thing I found surprising is that the eccentric bolts in the rear are single use. They say to replace them every time you align the car.

View attachment 4336
You can replace the OEM bolts with lockout ones that are not one time use.

Funny how so much of the Alpha chassis quirks are common between Camaro/Caddy.

I have on Quickjack 7000ext. The lift spread max is 66 and it looks like the ideal minimum for the car is about 70-72. I could only get about half of each lifting puck on the jack last time so I'll turn the units 90-degrees next time (have to do the same for our G05 BMW X5 and it's annoying to do...)
There are actually 3 lift points per side. You’ll be able to reach two on each side. ZL1addons will have adapters avail within a month.

There are actually 3 lift points per side. You’ll be able to reach two on each side. ZL1addons will have adapters avail within a month.
Does the third result in shorter spread between 2 acceptable lift points?

Does that mean there's 3 lift points per side aft of the front wheel?? If so, it's going to make life a little easier for me :) (and means I didn't need to send that QJ5000 back for the 7000 for the V3!)

Last edited:
I showed the jacking points in the FSM in post #15. It's the 4 along the side of the car and the cradle in the front center. My bridge jacks won't reach the positions on the side so I jacked the rear by the suspension pick points.

I showed the jacking points in the FSM in post #15. It's the 4 along the side of the car and the cradle in the front center. My bridge jacks won't reach the positions on the side so I jacked the rear by the suspension pick points.
Any ideas regarding post #20?

Any ideas regarding post #20?
I hadn't seen that post so thanks for pointing that out. The cover is plastic but I've jacked the car multiple times by that location without it damaging the plastic. I did spread the load though across 3 rubber blocks between the center jack and the cross member.

I think some of the confusion is 'jack points' vs 'lift points'.

Lift points are the contact areas for a 4-post lift.

Jack points are areas where a floor jack + jack stands can be used to get the car in the air. Service departments don't use 'jack points'. But all us home DIY'ers with floor jacks or QuickJacks do.

I went ahead and paid for the 3-day access to the online service manuals since I needed it for something on the C7. Does anyone have anything they want me to look up while I have access?
ACDelco TDS

I did check out the alignment procedure and the only thing I found surprising is that the eccentric bolts in the rear are single use. They say to replace them every time you align the car.

View attachment 4336
Were you ever able to find the part numbers for the single use bolts for the rear alignment? I'll ask the dealer, but if I can go in knowing the numbers, that would be great...looks like there are two on each side (one for camber, one for toe adjustment).
Screenshot 2022-08-26 19.50.02.png

I’ll have to look around. As I recall there was a revision that said you only needed to replace the nut. I ended up just reusing the same ones.

torque spec on rear diff drain? I just went past my first 1500 miles and first track day and need to replace by next weekend

torque spec on rear diff drain? I just went past my first 1500 miles and first track day and need to replace by next weekend
50 Nm. Takes 1.3 Liters of fluid (19418501). It's like $65/Liter. Just a point I always make about diff or transmission oil changes. ALWAYS TAKE THE FILL PLUG OUT FIRST!!! I know it's a new car, but ya never know, ha.

Sorry I accidentally deleted my first reply.

Looks like you have two options in the front. Either on the sides or use the front cross-member.

View attachment 4351

View attachment 4352

In the rear it's just the sides.

View attachment 4353
I have one of the special edition Road Atlanta IMSA BW cars.

I'd prefer to do oil changes myself but neither my 3 1/2 ton or dinky 2 ton jack can get by the side skirts.

My only option now is a Race Ramp and probably the one with a 10" lift or dealer work. Dealer charges more than what I think they should although my first impression of them is positive. Don

Is there by chance a picture or diagram of the rear spoiler attachment to the trunk lid?

I'm going to get the body-matched spoiler from the accessories catalog to replace the factory one. I didn't get the CF packages, so mine is just black plastic which I'm not totally loving the look of. Plus, it'll help my with "sleeper" look.

This is the kit for Satin Steel: 2020-2021 Cadillac CT4 Spoiler Kit 84830020 | GM Parts Center

Curious to know if the bolt holes line up.
You may want to verify. Not sure if it's the same part number, but someone already tried to install a low profile spoiler and couldn't make it work.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back