Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Factory Destroyed 2023 CT5-V Blackwing

CT5-V Model
So you're almost at the 1 month point of your problem. How is the resolution going?

Sorry for the lack of updates, things got incredibly busy with work so my time was diverted.

The resolution also got really bad, I even contacted the CEO and President of GM/Cadillac and that didn't accomplish anything.

It ended up completely turning around about 2 weeks ago or so, I've just been keeping quiet because I don't want to jinx it until it's be completely finalized/settled which should be very soon.

Sorry for the lack of updates, things got incredibly busy with work so my time was diverted.

The resolution also got really bad, I even contacted the CEO and President of GM/Cadillac and that didn't accomplish anything.

It ended up completely turning around about 2 weeks ago or so, I've just been keeping quiet because I don't want to jinx it until it's be completely finalized/settled which should be very soon.
Well, this post was in February so hopefully it's all done final/settled/complete/fixed/resolved and you just simply were too busy driving and/or cashing checks to let us know. Please update us if you can.

I'll add here, if I may, that sending the car back to the factory for a repaint is not a solution. They don't paint assembled cars, they paint the body before all of the cool stuff (interior, drivetrain, etc.) is put on. Do you really want a bunch of guys and gals who never do this stuff to disassemble your car, strip it, paint it, and then try to put it all back together again without the benefit of the assembly line, proper tools, torque wrenches, etc.? Ha! No you don't.

There are body shops (as the OP pointed out) that can do a good job, but it ain't cheap.

Well, this post was in February so hopefully it's all done final/settled/complete/fixed/resolved and you just simply were too busy driving and/or cashing checks to let us know. Please update us if you can.
February 2023... yes, hopefully it is settled by now!!

It's unfortunate and unnecessary and your going to be taken care of because GM almost always does the correct thing even though through the process it's feels quite the opposite! There is more to than meets the eye with everything that's involved with this including somebody acknowledging and accepting unsatisfactory product. Somebody is at fault and they want to make sure the party is held liable whoever it is?

Did OP ever explain why they took delivery? I get the disappointment would be brutal after waiting so long for the car, but I can’t imagine taking/accepting delivery of a new car in that condition.

Seems OP went dark to and never posted what the final resolution was unless I missed it.

Did OP ever explain why they took delivery? I get the disappointment would be brutal after waiting so long for the car, but I can’t imagine taking/accepting delivery of a new car in that condition.

Seems OP went dark to and never posted what the final resolution was unless I missed it.
I read the thread a year ago and honestly don't remember. I have no interest in going through it again. I still muse over the title. When this topic got refreshed a week ago, I had the same reaction from a year ago when he posted - and imagined a Blackwing destroyed at the factory, crushed and dented, broken glass and parts everywhere.

Really we should just move all this to the people who don't like the factory paint thread :ROFLMAO:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back