Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Newbie question: no crackles/pops on CT5V BW?

So, did OP ever get to drive a 5BW at full throttle with exhaust in tour mode?

Not yet but thanks to a generous local owner, I should get a chance to do so later this coming week. Will report back.
5 BW manual here. The mode matters, but so does rev match. If it's on, nearly every downshift results in extended cracks, pops and burbles. My wife hates it. Run without rev match on and the over-run sounds are near zero.

5 BW manual here. The mode matters, but so does rev match. If it's on, nearly every downshift results in extended cracks, pops and burbles. My wife hates it. Run without rev match on and the over-run sounds are near zero.

Good to know - I never use rev match in the one car that has it and would not plan to in the CT5 either.

Thanks to a very generous local CT5V BW owner I was able to get a proper full throttle and rpm range drive of his car and play around with the various modes. I'm glad to report that I'm quite happy with the engine sound in the tour setting - even window down, I didn't really hear any crackles and pops. And equally important - the car is a blast to drive!

Looks like I am going to place an order... Now I need to decide on color, seats and a few other things.

Happy to hear things worked out for you. Maybe you’ll be one of the lucky few who actually can get a car.

Happy to hear things worked out for you. Maybe you’ll be one of the lucky few who actually can get a car.

Is it that bad? The local dealer made it seem like I should be able to get one in 4-5 months for MSRP with no ADM.

I have been waiting 18 months and counting for my Lotus Emira and still no confirmed timing so I can be patient.

Thanks to a very generous local CT5V BW owner I was able to get a proper full throttle and rpm range drive of his car and play around with the various modes. I'm glad to report that I'm quite happy with the engine sound in the tour setting - even window down, I didn't really hear any crackles and pops. And equally important - the car is a blast to drive!

Looks like I am going to place an order... Now I need to decide on color, seats and a few other things.
To me one of the many pluses of this car is the multiple personalities it has. This includes being a total sleeper - it completely flies under the radar for most people and only you know what a monster it really is. The ability to keep the exhaust quiet is part of this. I run my exhaust in tour or stealth mode most of the time for this reason. And I debadged the car which helps too.

Good luck with your purchase! There are lots of horror stories here about the goat pen but some of us were lucky and got a car without the nightmare.

To me one of the many pluses of this car is the multiple personalities it has. This includes being a total sleeper - it completely flies under the radar for most people and only you know what a monster it really is. The ability to keep the exhaust quiet is part of this. I run my exhaust in tour or stealth mode most of the time for this reason. And I debadged the car which helps too.

Good luck with your purchase! There are lots of horror stories here about the goat pen but some of us were lucky and got a car without the nightmare.

I love the sleeper thing! It's strongly reflected in my car and color choices.

What is the goat thing? I've seen a few references and can tell it is an inside joke - presumably about order messiness/delays but I don't have the full story. Is there a thread I can read about it? Searching would presumably just pull up the many newer references that don't explain it.

What is the goat thing? I've seen a few references and can tell it is an inside joke - presumably about order messiness/delays but I don't have the full story. Is there a thread I can read about it? Searching would presumably just pull up the many newer references that don't explain it.

It's not really a big deal on this forum.

It's not really a big deal on this forum.
Tongue Goat GIF

Is it that bad? The local dealer made it seem like I should be able to get one in 4-5 months for MSRP with no ADM.

I have been waiting 18 months and counting for my Lotus Emira and still no confirmed timing so I can be patient.
What dealer? You can check to see how many Blackwings that dealer has been allocated. If it's less than 5 since 2021, good luck. Also, you need to figure out how many people are in front of you at that dealership.

Cadillac South San Francisco. They have one in the showroom (which I test drove) and seem to have decent allocation flow. No one currently waiting according to my sales guy who was ready to put in an order for me 2 weeks ago at MSRP. I think things are shifting on the supply/demand dynamic. They also had at least 3 CT4V BWs in the showroom all with discounts off MSRP on the window.

Depends on the wait list and dealer allocations. I must have gotten lucky because I placed an order in June and it was immediately accepted and is schedule for production. But as I was calling around there were dealers telling me it would be a over a year because they had a waitlist and got very few allocations per year.

Cadillac South San Francisco. They have one in the showroom (which I test drove) and seem to have decent allocation flow. No one currently waiting according to my sales guy who was ready to put in an order for me 2 weeks ago at MSRP. I think things are shifting on the supply/demand dynamic. They also had at least 3 CT4V BWs in the showroom all with discounts off MSRP on the window.
They’re good. I got mine from them.

Do you recall how much of a discount.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners