Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Any Factory Service Manual Questions?

CT5-V Model

poor-sha

Seasoned Member
I went ahead and paid for the 3-day access to the online service manuals since I needed it for something on the C7. Does anyone have anything they want me to look up while I have access?
ACDelco TDS

I did check out the alignment procedure and the only thing I found surprising is that the eccentric bolts in the rear are single use. They say to replace them every time you align the car.

1629824834014.png

Does it list the location or pin-out for the stereo wiring, where a sub can be added? In my SS, it was on the right side of the trunk.

Is there by chance a picture or diagram of the rear spoiler attachment to the trunk lid?

I'm going to get the body-matched spoiler from the accessories catalog to replace the factory one. I didn't get the CF packages, so mine is just black plastic which I'm not totally loving the look of. Plus, it'll help my with "sleeper" look.

This is the kit for Satin Steel: 2020-2021 Cadillac CT4 Spoiler Kit 84830020 | GM Parts Center

Curious to know if the bolt holes line up.

Is there by chance a picture or diagram of the rear spoiler attachment to the trunk lid?

I'm going to get the body-matched spoiler from the accessories catalog to replace the factory one. I didn't get the CF packages, so mine is just black plastic which I'm not totally loving the look of. Plus, it'll help my with "sleeper" look.

This is the kit for Satin Steel: 2020-2021 Cadillac CT4 Spoiler Kit 84830020 | GM Parts Center

Go to gmpartsdirect to get a better price on it.

They don't and as best I can tell the base spoiler is just held on with adhesive tape. There is a several page instruction sheet that comes with that kit as well as a template for drilling. It talks about drilling 7 holes after you remove the factory splitter. Here's the pic of the template in the online version of the instructions but as you can see it's not very legible.

1629828543005.png

Go to gmpartsdirect to get a better price on it.
Partially depends on where you live. I've found that being in the Mid-Atlantic gmpartsnow is a touch more expensive but more than makes up for it with lower shipping. YMMV.

They don't and as best I can tell the base spoiler is just held on with adhesive tape. There is a several page instruction sheet that comes with that kit as well as a template for drilling. It talks about drilling 7 holes after you remove the factory splitter. Here's the pic of the template in the online version of the instructions but as you can see it's not very legible.

View attachment 4341
Thanks for checking @poor-sha !

The picture of the spoiler on the gmpartsnow site shows two bolt holes.

1629831038221.png

I'm not super keen on drilling new holes, but I have no idea how the OEM BW spoiler mounts. Looks like I'll be doing some exploratory surgery on mine when I get it!

I'm planning on doing the monochrome Cadillac emblems too, so I was going to be pulling off the finishing panel from the trunk lid anyway.

I went ahead and paid for the 3-day access to the online service manuals since I needed it for something on the C7. Does anyone have anything they want me to look up while I have access?
ACDelco TDS

I did check out the alignment procedure and the only thing I found surprising is that the eccentric bolts in the rear are single use. They say to replace them every time you align the car.

View attachment 4336
Wouldn't happen to have a part number for those bolts would you?

Thx!

Wouldn't happen to have a part number for those bolts would you?

Thx!
I don't. For some reason the TDS subscription doesn't give you parts diagrams. I'd kill for a good online parts lookup as the one most of the parts sites use is lacking.

ACDelco TDS

View attachment 4336
Jacking points on the 5

Sorry I accidentally deleted my first reply.

Looks like you have two options in the front. Either on the sides or use the front cross-member.

1629838999137.png

1629839013058.png

In the rear it's just the sides.

1629839030241.png

Hard to tell from the diagram on jacking points, but are sides pinch welds like the Alpha I variant?

Hard to tell from the diagram on jacking points, but are sides pinch welds like the Alpha I variant?
It doesn't look like it from the picture but there are these two notes

Front
When lifting the vehicle with a frame-contact lift, position the pad as close as possible to the rocker molding cutout.

Rear
When lifting the vehicle with a frame-contact lift, place the rear lift pads on the body flange, so it covers both edges of the brace, as close to the rocker cutout as possible.

@ajamils For my SS I found the aftermarket plug that went between the amp and the factory wiring. it was great to splice without messing with the factory wires. They were really hard to find though a couple years ago. That head unit not being upgradable to new tech is one of the only downfalls of that car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back