Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V DILEMA

CT5-V Model

Buzzsaw

Seasoned Member
So, I just sold my C8 Corvette. 411 miles. sticker was $96K. I wrote a check for $114K. Yes, I paid over sticker, bought warranty. I sold it for $115K. So, I got my race car old age crazy over with. Meanwhile, I ordered a CT5 BW last summer and its being built 5/2. I have decided not to take it and to just order a plane CT5-V maxed out. Almost a BW but without all the raced-up stuff.

Value of the Blackwing? I could still take my Blackwing @ MSRP which is $97+

You BW owners, what do you expect the value of your cars to do? I hear they will no longer be built, so will they be a true collector, gaining value?

So, I just sold my C8 Corvette. 411 miles. sticker was $96K. I wrote a check for $114K. Yes, I paid over sticker, bought warranty. I sold it for $115K. So, I got my race car old age crazy over with. Meanwhile, I ordered a CT5 BW last summer and its being built 5/2. I have decided not to take it and to just order a plane CT5-V maxed out. Almost a BW but without all the raced-up stuff.

Value of the Blackwing? I could still take my Blackwing @ MSRP which is $97+

You BW owners, what do you expect the value of your cars to do? I hear they will no longer be built, so will they be a true collector, gaining value?

I expect them to hold value and not meaningfully appreciate against inflation. It really depends on how many are made over the next few years. In any case, there will be a strong secondary market for the car in the future.

You could certainly flip the car immediately for more than break even. And maybe even still be able to attend the Spring Mountain benefit.

My intention is to drive the car. If you're looking for something simply to invest for return, there are better assets.

I believe CT5-V Blackwing will hold value very well long term. CT4-V Blackwing, not as much. From a value standpoint, your plain maxxed out CT5-V is going to drop substantially if and when the current craze dies down. Therefore, if value is a primary concern for you, I would wait for your Blackwing.

A V and 5 BlackWing are worlds apart. The V has 100hp less than the 4BW and is larger.

I could see saving some dough and getting a 4BW which has pricing that will align with the 5-V depending on options.

I would stick with the 5BW and if it doesn't blow your mind you can still likely sell it for a small profit.

So, you’re gonna go with the car that’s going to drop substantially in value the minute you drive it off the lot vs spending some more money and buying a car that will most probably retain a good chunk of its value? Got it!!

You should do what you want, but I just don't seeing a CT5-V holding any value in the long term. Sure, maybe short term it may because of supply chain issues, but when (if) those get fixed the value will drop a lot. While I have not driven both myself, based on the The Smoking Tire reviews of both the 5V and the 5BW, they are leagues apart. They were not kind to the 5V, but they loved the 5BW.

If the smaller size difference doesn't bother you I would suggest a 4BW over the 5V. While the 4BW probably won't hold value like the 5BW it will probably hold value much better than the 5V.

This is all so weird to me. 4BW is in another league to the regular V. Same for the 5BW and 5V. When I want something, either I get what I want, or I don't. I'm not buying a lesser version. It's not like this is a CF vs non-CF Blackwing model. This is worlds apart. Imagine the difference between the 4BW and 5BW. That's the kind of gulf in my mind, and on paper, that exists between the V models and the Blackwings.

Depending on whether its auto or manual...manuals are selling in the used market for $20-40K over MSRP. Autos are selling for about $10-25K over. Atleast thats what I'm seeing them getting posted up for and then disappearing within a week.

Personally, I'd drive it first until its broken in and see how I like it. If it feels overkill, then flip it...

This is all so weird to me. When I want something, either I get what I want, or I don't. I'm not buying a lesser version.
Allow me to clarify for you (I think, maybe I misunderstand too) - the OP is saying that the car he wants / needs is a CT5-V. So just like you, he is deciding to get what he wants, He is not getting a lesser version of what he wants.

Allow me to clarify for you (I think, maybe I misunderstand too) - the OP is saying that the car he wants / needs is a CT5-V. So just like you, he is deciding to get what he wants, He is not getting a lesser version of what he wants.
OP has stated originally he ordered an BW, but decided to go with loaded V instead, with the option to still pick up the BW he ordered. My point is, I don't get the cross shopping between the two because they are worlds apart especially performance wise.

I had a 2020 CT5-V and it was a great car but was not true V style and can't compare to my 5 BW....I traded my 2020 in on my 4BW and got what I paid for it after driving it for 18 months and I think 14K miles on it...

Attachments

• IMG_3526.jpg
    IMG_3526.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 95
Well ideally they would drive it properly once it's broken in so you can really go to town. The biggest fear the V8 fanatics will have is they might like it 😂

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back