Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CEL turns on and car goes into limp mode when wet

kamome97

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V Blackwing
Had my CT4-V BW for just about a year now, about 18k miles. Never had any issues until now. About a few weeks ago, I took it to a detailer and got a wash and everything, and when I got the car back, traction control was disabled, ABS was disabled, and there was CEL. I let it sit a few minutes, turned it off and back on and it ran fine, but the CEL persisted until I drove it for a bit. I went straight to the dealer and insisted they take a look and they said maybe it was a one time thing and sent me on my way. I left it at that, but a few days ago, it was raining and on the highway, the same thing happened, and I was limited to 25mph. I was once again able to get it running by letting it sit. I took it to the dealer and told them exactly what happened. They looked through the codes in the history and said they'll look into it. One day later, they gave me the car back and said the same. No idea but come back if it happens again. Not the best peace of mind.
Has anyone seen anything like this or have any idea what the issue is?
Thanks.

I believe OnStar can check to see what DTCs were setting. From there, maybe you can point your dealership in the direction of whichever electrical circuit is having the problem. Good luck!

Did they tell you if they pulled any codes?

I believe OnStar can check to see what DTCs were setting. From there, maybe you can point your dealership in the direction of whichever electrical circuit is having the problem. Good luck!
Wouldn't any competent service department do that as soon as they got the car inside? Don

Yes, they pulled codes. When I left it for a day, they acknowledged that there were codes in the history but they were lost on what it could be. They tried checking the brake module, and disconnected and reconnected a few things. They told me it was possibly my OBD accessory (it's a Bouncie GPS tracker), and gave me the car back, and said come back if it happens again. Kind of tired of it because it's happened twice and it usually fixes itself after restarting twice.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back