Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Front Spring Spacers for Towing

jwolf99

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I saw this in the manual as well. Are there spacers included in the junk in the trunk, or is the dealer supposed to give us the spacers that ship with the car?

1629219936891.png

They're supposed to give you the ones that are installed after they remove them should you need to use them in the future.

Last edited:
These were left on my car when I picked mine up. I noticed the ride height and caught them before leaving. They did give them back to me to keep with the car.

These were left on my car when I picked mine up. I noticed the ride height and caught them before leaving. They did give them back to me to keep with the car.
Are they easy to remove or do u need a tool?

My dealer corrected it before I left the lot, so I can't speak from personal experience. Judging by what they look like, they wouldn't be difficult to remove at all. Take the load off the suspension and they should pop right off with no tool.
20210819_200659.jpg

Mine came in the glove box. Yellow in ct4. Keep them in back if u need to get towed. You raise car with jack and pop em in one side at a time. You get 25mm or 1" lift.

Dealer tossed mine….. can I order these anywhere?

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable ask… they were supposed to come with the car and they tossed them (I’m assuming by accident) so they should just get you new ones.
We will try that in the morning. Good idea! Where is that front lift system when you need it.

I could definitely be wrong, but I believe these are factory installed specifically for the original shippment of the vehicle to the dealer, and are supposed to be removed by the dealer upon receipt and inspection of the vehicle. I do not believe they are intended to be used again and in most cases I would assume they are discarded. I know in some cases, the dealer has forgotten to remove them, resulting in a terrible ride / bottoming out of your suspension.

I could definitely be wrong, but I believe these are factory installed specifically for the original shippment of the vehicle to the dealer, and are supposed to be removed by the dealer upon receipt and inspection of the vehicle. I do not believe they are intended to be used again and in most cases I would assume they are discarded. I know in some cases, the dealer has forgotten to remove them, resulting in a terrible ride / bottoming out of your suspension.
True to an extent however, they are supposed to remain with the car for future needs such as towing.

Forgetting to remove them, while fairly common, is just incompetence. There is a sticker right on the drivers window related to them (you can zoom in on the side view pic of my car that I posted and see it) and I’m sure that it has to be on the PDI checklist if they’d just print it out and use it.

Last edited:
Mine were placed in the trunk in a cut out under the trunk deck/floor... I will take a pic when I get home because it looks like that is where they are "stored" for use if I was to ship car anywhere..

True to an extent however, they are supposed to remain with the car for future needs such as towing.

Forgetting to remove them, while fairly common, is just incompetence. There is a sticker right on the drivers window related to them and I’m sure that it has to be on the PDI checklist if they’d just print it out and use it.
I’m not challenging your response, as I don’t have specific intel and you likely know more. But practically speaking, I’m not sure how these get used again outside or a dedicated / planned shipment of the vehicle to another part of the country.

In a typical towing situation, the vehicle is likely stranded. The idea that someone is going to jack each wheel to bottom out the spring and install these spacers, on the side or the road, seems like a stretch. The AAA guy is going to get out his old fashioned 2x10s and extend the ramp angle to the flat bed every time IMHO.

I’m not challenging your response, as I don’t have specific intel and you likely know more. But practically speaking, I’m not sure how these get used again outside or a dedicated / planned shipment of the vehicle to another part of the country.

In a typical towing situation, the vehicle is likely stranded. The idea that someone is going to jack each wheel to bottom out the spring and install these spacers, on the side or the road, seems like a stretch. The AAA guy is going to get out his old fashioned 2x10s and extend the ramp angle to the flat bed every time IMHO.
You’re probably right in that they probably wouldn’t take the time but, they’re also liable for all of that carbon fiber if so equipped.

If you check the owner's manual, there's a section about using them when towing or trailering the vehicle. Specifically says that you should keep them and use them when loading and unloading the car from a trailer. It's on page 394 of the 4's manual, not sure about the 5.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back