Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Brake ducts missing?

poor-sha

Seasoned Member
@Mirza Grebovic does this look right for a 5BW with CCBs? There were no extra brake parts in the trunk and the dealer claims they installed everything that came with the car but I see no rear brake ducting.

20210830_232604684_iOS.jpg

Look under the cover in the trunk. They will fit there and that would explain the mystery.

TL;DR - I think yours looks like @sandstrs (at least on the fronts) and therefore looks right. No extra ducts for rear CCBs.

@Mirza Grebovic does this look right for a 5BW with CCBs? There were no extra brake parts in the trunk and the dealer claims they installed everything that came with the car but I see no rear brake ducting.

View attachment 4493
Thats all correct. Carbon brakes dont come with the optional rear cooling.

Thanks, I'm really surprised there are no rear ducts for the CCBs.
They are so much more capable temperature wise and also you do not want to throw stones/rocks onto ceramic discs.

Just reviving this.....my dealer put a bunch of stuff in my trunk (including black mirror covers they were supposed to install)...any idea what this is? I am assuming only for track use? looks like control arm covers.
PXL_20220712_181937263.jpg

Just reviving this.....my dealer put a bunch of stuff in my trunk (including black mirror covers they were supposed to install)...any idea what this is? I am assuming only for track use? looks like control arm covers.
View attachment 10411
According to the manual...ball joint protector shields, and rear cooling deflectors. Not sure what the small plastic pieces are for, but there are also supposed to be directions provided. I am trying to get these parts from my dealer, since they didn't come with my car (but were supposed to).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-12 15.19.17.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-12 15.19.17.png
    705.2 KB · Views: 97
According to the manual...ball joint protector shields, and rear cooling deflectors. Not sure what the small plastic pieces are for, but there are also supposed to be directions provided. I am trying to get these parts from my dealer, since they didn't come with my car (but were supposed to).
Thanks! I guess I should look more closely at the manual :). I am surprised they gave me those pieces since I have CCBs and those don't require additional cooling aids apparently.

On another note...is there supposed to be anything under the trunk cover? Mine has a bunch of open/empty spaces with nothing in it.
PXL_20220712_193854503.jpg

On another note...is there supposed to be anything under the trunk cover? Mine has a bunch of open/empty spaces with nothing in it.
View attachment 10414
That's how mine looks, but there should be a tow hook and small fuel funnel in there as well. I threw the spring spacers in there. Had to go hunting at the dealership for those, too. They finally found some, but they were yellow. They should be RED, (yellow is for CT4, red is for CT5) and they found those after I left, so I will pick them up eventually.

Yup threw in tow hook, fuel funnel and the padding for CCBs...plus the two small plastic pieces in my original picture. I also but the wheels locks in there...dealer did not install them but I will install later.....thanks again!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back