Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4 V Blackwing Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft

DesertRJ

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V Blackwing
Anyone have some news on the production of a CF driveshaft for the 4BW? I know the ATS-V had one available so I'd *think* it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to get that changed slightly to fit into the new cars. With the high power of the unlocked ECU's seems like that'll be something that's wanted. For me, the weight savings even if a smallish amount would be worth it. Previous cars have felt a noticeable difference plus BMW seemed to think it was worth it on M cars so I'm not alone in my feeling a difference.

Our OEM driveshafts are two piece. We can do carbon ones like we did for the ATS-V, but we'll probably hold off until there's a little more demand...

Our OEM driveshafts are two piece. We can do carbon ones like we did for the ATS-V, but we'll probably hold off until there's a little more demand...
I would get one when I go Brown belt......or Black belt if you will have one by Dec/Jan timeframe.

I'll be looking forward to that day. One of the few mods that seems unlikely to cause issues with warranty that should have some noticeable impact on performance. Anything to up the agility on the 4 which already seems supernatural given the size/weight of the car. I stand by it feels more like an old M car than any of the modern M cars out.

All right. You guys talked me into it. CT4-V Blackwing A10 and M6 OEM driveshafts have already been ordered, received and shipped to our manufacturer. :D

Every car I've owned that added an Aluminum driveshaft felt a lot more responsive on the throttle than Steel. Carbon Fiber should be lighter and feel better than Aluminum.

Interested.
I think my car is going to stay stock for a bit but this would be a nice addition.

@WONT TAP What should we expect for pricing? Thanks!

Any news for us impatient folks? Christmas time and bonus are getting real close lol

Any news for us impatient folks? Christmas time and bonus are getting real close lol
We purchased an OEM CT4-V Blackwing driveshaft and sent it The Driveshaft Shop two or three months ago. We haven't heard back from them yet, but I'm sure we will soon. Sorry this is taking so long...

No love for the BW5?
Eventually yes. However, when we tried to order a CT5-V Blackwing driveshaft sample from Cadillac, GM had these on 'intergalactic backorder'. That's what I call it when they have no inventory nationwide, and no E.T.A. for backorders.

Bump because I want this thing and am impatient. See? I made it more than a month before being pesty :)

We provided samples to our manufacturer back in July. I just sent them a follow-up, and let him know that the natives are getting restless.

Following this - thanks Tap Out!

Personally I’m a fan of optimizing the little things that add to the overall experience. Loved my LW flywheel on my C5Z and got a lot of piece of mind from the external oil cooler and upgraded valve springs as well. It isn’t always about slapping on more power.

Looks like we should have the first carbon fiber driveshaft here for test fitting soon. If anyone with a CT4-V Blackwing A10 wants to have the very first one, we can offer free installation for you. Please email me directly at ScottC@TapoutTuning.com to set it up.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back