Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Changing order options?

CT5-V Model

Worldrider

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT5-V Blackwing
I got my name on the waitlist about a year ago for a CT5-V Blackwing. Out of the blue received a call from the salesman this past Saturday, telling me the allocation had just come in and to rebuild my dream car using the new 2023 option list online.
I didn’t have a lot of time to deliberate, so I built the car online Sunday night and emailed him the link.
Monday he called, we chatted for a couple minutes, and he said he would submit the order to GM that day.
That night I thought about it further, and decided the carbon ceramic brakes were simply too expensive, so I emailed him first thing the next morning to remove them. He replied immediately stating it was too late to change the order.

Is it really possible that an order cannot be changed less than 24 hours after submitting it?

He also confirmed GM issued an order number. CHMFG6

Given all the delays I’ve heard about, it’s hard to believe things moved so quickly in less than two days.

I emailed Cadillac customer care this morning, but haven’t yet heard back.

Does anybody know if there’s any way to change the order at this stage?

Go to the Cadillac page, click on the chat box. Ask for a status for the order number and they should give you a status code number. If it hasnt hit 3000, you should still be able to change it.

The chat response: “Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process.”
No numbers yet.

yes. yes, it would.

though I could imagine some millennials spec'ing an auto. Where two genders aren't enough, three pedals are too many. =/
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I have an auto and I think there are only two genders...... Auto is faster, yada, yada, yada, and my BW is bad ass....

yes. yes, it would.

though I could imagine some millennials spec'ing an auto. Where two genders aren't enough, three pedals are too many. =/
There's some old guys that prefer the auto, and city commuters, and drag racers... because ya know. As much as it sucks, autos are faster.

To each their own. I still wave at dudes on trikes when I ride my motorcycle, they're usually old dudes that love riding but they're too broken to lift a bike off the kickstand. Same/Same

Yeah, the AT only comes into play when physical limitations prevent a MT.:happyanim:
The only time I really advocate for AT over MT is in an econo-box or in an off-road truck.

Burnt the hell out the clutch in my 6-spd Frontier learning how to wheel. Torque-converters are cool sometimes lol

The only time I really advocate for AT over MT is in an econo-box or in an off-road truck.

Burnt the hell out the clutch in my 6-spd Frontier learning how to wheel. Torque-converters are cool sometimes lol
My Jeep is 6-spd and the lesson there is to use LO range even when it's not really needed for the obstacle, but to avoid that terrible clutch smell. In reverse I need to use rear low quite often even on paved roads. I have locking hubs and a twin stick t/c so it's no big deal. Having the right setup makes all the difference.

I got my name on the waitlist about a year ago for a CT5-V Blackwing. Out of the blue received a call from the salesman this past Saturday, telling me the allocation had just come in and to rebuild my dream car using the new 2023 option list online.
I didn’t have a lot of time to deliberate, so I built the car online Sunday night and emailed him the link.
Monday he called, we chatted for a couple minutes, and he said he would submit the order to GM that day.
That night I thought about it further, and decided the carbon ceramic brakes were simply too expensive, so I emailed him first thing the next morning to remove them. He replied immediately stating it was too late to change the order.

Is it really possible that an order cannot be changed less than 24 hours after submitting it?

He also confirmed GM issued an order number. CHMFG6

Given all the delays I’ve heard about, it’s hard to believe things moved so quickly in less than two days.

I emailed Cadillac customer care this morning, but haven’t yet heard back.

Does anybody know if there’s any way to change the order at this stage?
You should be able to change the order for a few days after it gets accepted. It will go to 3000 quickly and at that point no changes can be made but it shouldn't hit that stage 24 hours after the Tuesday submission.

Ask your salesman for your status, you can also use the Cadillac chat but their system is slow sometimes and may not show your order at an accurate status or might not even have it yet if it was only 24 hours ago.

OP raise a polite stink if the guy is fobbing you off with a -meh, order placed too bad.

Is the dealer close by? I'd drop in and ask him in person and if he cannot show how it's passed the point of no return, he should change it. If not, head over to the sales manager. You should get* the car you want!

*Or never get as it sits and waits for a passenger side sunvisor before they will release it and they are all out.

The chat response: “Your vehicle order has been accepted by General Motors and is moving toward the production process.”
No numbers yet.
You should have plenty of time to change this order. Sounds like your salesman is not dialed into the proper channel...LOL

Best of luck!

No numbers yet.
If you want a live agent, ask for an agent in the chat. Then ask for the exact status code. Below 3000 can be changed. Your dealer should be able to tell you the same thing, but apparently they are playing games with you. :(

There's some old guys that prefer the auto, and city commuters, and drag racers... because ya know. As much as it sucks, autos are faster.
There’s something to be said about coming off an offramp, down shifting into 2nd and as you come off the clutch and press play start drifting at 50mph. It’s priceless!:Steer

Wishing my AMG had 3 pedals!!!!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners