Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Cadillac vs. GM Dealerships

Cadillac CT4-V model

RKS

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT4-V Blackwing
The 4BW may be our 1st domestic car but I'm curious about post-purchase experiences. I have never had a bad experience with Toyota (Sequoia), Infiniti (G37), or Honda (Si) but kinda wary about what kind of treatment to expect.

1st dealer was a GM showroom and had only one A10 4BW but threw me the keys without asking for a DL or insurance but it was because my son goes to school with the son of the dealer. The GM took our order and didn't ask for any payment and said he would put in our order as soon as he got his next allocation. He thinks it will be 3 or 4 months. While I would prefer to go here for service; will being a general GM dealer have any effect on servicing the 4BW?

2nd dealer is the largest in the area and exclusively Caddy. They have 5 4BWs (3 6M) in stock. I see a $75 test-drive gift card offer and go in and they not only won't let me test-drive a car but won't honor the $75 gift card, was told it was only valid with a car purchase, lol. They did offer to put me in line (3rd/4th) for their next allocation if I am willing to give them $5000 and wait for about a year. ( I asked about the May 2024 production cut-off and caused a stink-eye). Even though this dealer will probably get a bigger allocation, I'd have a hard time working with this douchy sales staff and can't imagine service being any better.

The order process on these cars is not great. It sounds like the 1st dealer may actually put your order in once they get an allocation since the kids know each other but be prepared to wait.

If you want an A10 you can probably find one on the lot and get a decent discount. M6s may be harder to find on the lot but getting a dealer to order one and determining if they are being truthful about their allocations is typically the challenge. The 2nd dealer you mentioned blows. Please don't give them $5000 deposit to wait for an allocation. Most dealers will ask for refundable $500-$1000 deposit as a show of good faith. Some will place your order without any deposit. The key is understanding if the dealer has an allocation available, how many do they typically get a month and/or where you are in line.

I had orders in at multiple dealers and eventually gave up and just bought a 4BW off the lot that was close enough to my desired spec. If you are willing to travel, maybe expand your search and look for cars on the lots at other dealers.

The order process on these cars is not great. It sounds like the 1st dealer may actually put your order in once they get an allocation since the kids know each other but be prepared to wait.

If you want an A10 you can probably find one on the lot and get a decent discount. M6s may be harder to find on the lot but getting a dealer to order one and determining if they are being truthful about their allocations is typically the challenge. The 2nd dealer you mentioned blows. Please don't give them $5000 deposit to wait for an allocation. Most dealers will ask for refundable $500-$1000 deposit as a show of good faith. Some will place your order without any deposit. The key is understanding if the dealer has an allocation available, how many do they typically get a month and/or where you are in line.

I had orders in at multiple dealers and eventually gave up and just bought a 4BW off the lot that was close enough to my desired spec. If you are willing to travel, maybe expand your search and look for cars on the lots at other dealers.
Dealer 1 - low allocation but I'm 1st in line and we liked the GM. Dealer 2 - high allocation but were told we are 3rd-4th in line (maybe puffery since they had 2 or 3 A10 and 2 or 3 6M on the lot) and the salesperson got salty about refundable deposits and test-drives.

I spoke with my salesman and made an appointment to test drive the manual 4BW. I test drove it, and then asked to drive the A10. I decided that the manual wasn't 'raw' enough to warrant the extra effort and went with the A10. The manual in this car is very forgiving and easy to drive, but there's a strong artificial feel to it that makes me think that I might as well be driving the auto. Maybe it's because it wasn't broken in.

I've driven both. The manual felt more precise and the A10's transmission logic didn't do what I wanted in the corners. In a straight line, A10 all day :)

Funny about the test drive - I told the dealer there was no way I was buying a car unless I drove it first. They let me drive it. The rest is history.
In early 2022 a test drive was an impossibility; the only incoming cars were already sold. It was clear to me that the car was that good and a once in a lifetime opportunity. These cars were harder to get a hold of than toilet paper during the early days of the pandemic. Besides there was little risk since I could have immediately sold the car for 10K-$20K more than I paid for it. The first time I drove my 5BW was after I bought the car.

What a difference 2 years makes. Now there are 5BWs to be had right off the lot, albeit mostly A10s.

Don't EVER give a dealer a non refundable deposit. EVER! They gotcha then. If they say it's refundable, get that in writing and signed by management.

You can always buy at one dealer and service at another. Service seems to vary at every dealer.

If you're looking at a 4BW, there are tons around. I wouldn't order one. There are also some amazing deals on lightly preowned ones too.

Don't EVER give a dealer a non refundable deposit. EVER! They gotcha then. If they say it's refundable, get that in writing and signed by management.

You can always buy at one dealer and service at another. Service seems to vary at every dealer.

If you're looking at a 4BW, there are tons around. I wouldn't order one. There are also some amazing deals on lightly preowned ones too.
The first dealer didn't take a deposit because we were referred by the owner but they are a GM dealership unlike the second dealer which is a huge Caddy-only. Dealer 1 will have limited allocation but we are first on the list; Dealer 2 already has a few 6M 4BWs, wants $5K, and we would be 3rd/4th in the allocation line. All their BW inventory is loaded with options. Their cheapest 6M 4BW was in the $80K range.

I'm always looking at new inventory nationwide but if I'm spending $70-$75; I don't want to compromise. My bigger concern is that the 2024 model stops production in May and no one seems sure there is a 2025 4BW; in that case, I'll look for the closest option.

The first dealer didn't take a deposit because we were referred by the owner but they are a GM dealership unlike the second dealer which is a huge Caddy-only. Dealer 1 will have limited allocation but we are first on the list; Dealer 2 already has a few 6M 4BWs, wants $5K, and we would be 3rd/4th in the allocation line. All their BW inventory is loaded with options. Their cheapest 6M 4BW was in the $80K range.

I'm always looking at new inventory nationwide but if I'm spending $70-$75; I don't want to compromise. My bigger concern is that the 2024 model stops production in May and no one seems sure there is a 2025 4BW; in that case, I'll look for the closest option.
Yeah, there can be quite a price swing between a low option M6 car like the one I purchased (low $60s) vs. the highly optioned or Track Edition cars cars sitting on the lots for $80k-$90k. All the performance hardware is the same between the $60k and $90k cars, you are just paying for upgraded interior seats, HUD, PDR, sunroof as well as wheel color, brake caliper paint color, exterior paint color, etc.

Keep in mind the depreciation on these 4BWs is pretty steep right now so be prepared for whatever you spend to be worth low to mid $50s pretty quick. If you care about that I would find a discounted model on the lot or maybe even a lightly used example. If you plan to keep it long term then try to get exactly what you want. Hopefully if they stop production and there are still enough sport sedan enthusiasts out there in a few years values will hold or improve a bit.

Yeah, there can be quite a price swing between a low option M6 car like the one I purchased (low $60s) vs. the highly optioned or Track Edition cars cars sitting on the lots for $80k-$90k. All the performance hardware is the same between the $60k and $90k cars, you are just paying for upgraded interior seats, HUD, PDR, sunroof as well as wheel color, brake caliper paint color, exterior paint color, etc.

Keep in mind the depreciation on these 4BWs is pretty steep right now so be prepared for whatever you spend to be worth low to mid $50s pretty quick. If you care about that I would find a discounted model on the lot or maybe even a lightly used example. If you plan to keep it long term then try to get exactly what you want. Hopefully if they stop production and there are still enough sport sedan enthusiasts out there in a few years values will hold or improve a bit.
You are correct. We usually keep cars until they cost more to repair than they are worth so resale isn't a priority, especially over getting exactly what we want. My wife wants the 6M, loves the RR Tintcoat and red calipers. I like the vented seats and sunroof and that is how we optioned our order. HUD and PDR and important to us and the CF is a little too much flash.

You are correct. We usually keep cars until they cost more to repair than they are worth so resale isn't a priority, especially over getting exactly what we want. My wife wants the 6M, loves the RR Tintcoat and red calipers. I like the vented seats and sunroof and that is how we optioned our order. HUD and PDR and important to us and the CF is a little too much flash.

Nice build, best of luck.

i put a refundable deposit down (and yes, have that in writing) almost two months ago on a 4bw that was built and in-transit... still waiting lol

Reactions: RKS
Kudos and thumbs up to the wife for her love of manuals. Surely you can find a car in stock somewhere in the country that meets most of your requirements. Although RR with a 6-speed may be the hardest combination.

When cars like this are this hard to find/order/obtain, I try to be more flexible. For me, the only "must have" was the three pedals, but I get it for some people (often those people are women) color is the most important thing.

You can live without ventilated seats and a sunroof or funny colored calipers.

Kudos and thumbs up to the wife for her love of manuals. Surely you can find a car in stock somewhere in the country that meets most of your requirements. Although RR with a 6-speed may be the hardest combination.

When cars like this are this hard to find/order/obtain, I try to be more flexible. For me, the only "must have" was the three pedals, but I get it for some people (often those people are women) color is the most important thing.

You can live without ventilated seats and a sunroof or funny colored calipers.
I understand what you are saying but 4BWs aren't unicorn tears yet but that's why we ordered one. I look every day at national inventory for something close and I'd say besides the cyber yellow and the other bright red; we would consider it.

Radiant Red is beautiful. I'm so happy I went with it instead of all black.

The red calipers are great too. They're the exact same color as the car.

The only downside is keeping the calipers clean. I've never had to do that before, and the combo if high dust brakes + super complicated wheels + calipers is a big challenge.

The brake dust on these cars is not the best. At least I got the wheels ceramic coated and the pressure washer takes 90% of the dirt off in the first pass. My car is away for the winter and I won't take it out of storage until at least early April. I am contemplating taking it for a long vacation from NY to Key West when I do take it out. Or I may just fly into Miami and rent a Caddy .

My dealership misinformed me on multiple issues. They said the car has leather, it doesn't. They said the CT4-V Blackwing has runflat tires, it doesn't. They said the car did not come with a tire pump and inflator kit, it should have. After discussing these items, I did receive a tire kit. There was no follow up from the dealer in regards to the purchase or even a mailing thanking me for the purchase. It's a Lithia dealership in Oregon. I am not a big fan of Lithia. However, these cars are hard to find and I reluctantly purchased the car from them. I won't be using them for service. I wish we had a Cadillac Dealer in Vancouver Washington.

My dealership misinformed me on multiple issues. They said the car has leather, it doesn't. They said the CT4-V Blackwing has runflat tires, it doesn't. They said the car did not come with a tire pump and inflator kit, it should have. After discussing these items, I did receive a tire kit. There was no follow up from the dealer in regards to the purchase or even a mailing thanking me for the purchase. It's a Lithia dealership in Oregon. I am not a big fan of Lithia. However, these cars are hard to find and I reluctantly purchased the car from them. I won't be using them for service. I wish we had a Cadillac Dealer in Vancouver Washington.
Yeah, in my experience the sales folks never seem to know more about the car than I do. I usually wind up educating them about the car if we ever get into a discussion. The good news is most of the information is available online and any gaps in information can be had from enthusiasts on forums like these.

The traditional dealership days are numbered. The next generation of buyers will avoid dealerships at all costs if possible. The Tesla buying model is the future, total game changer. Build your car online, leave a deposit, specify loan, lease or pay cash, wait for VIN, schedule delivery, drive home. And then if you need service, they come to you, scheduled via the mobile app.

My dealer never did and still hasn’t mentioned that I have a free Spring Mountain track experience that came with the purchase of the car!!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back