Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Cadillac vs. GM Dealerships

Cadillac CT4-V model
Yeah what do we know really? I am a Daoist...."to know is not to know, not to know is to know"
All I know is that at this moment everything is as it’s supposed to be with perfection.

All I know is that at this moment everything is as it’s supposed to be with perfection.
LOL you think so eh?

Well in the end there is only so much we can do about only so much. What me worry?

LOL you think so eh?

Well in the end there is only so much we can do about only so much. What me worry?
Yep, the universe works perfectly and doesn’t make mistakes. If you think a mistake was made you would be the first person to discover it.

To the OP:

My most recent purchases were the first time I ever ordered a vehicle new & that I speced out (mostly) to my liking -- 5BW & C8. (I say mostly bc there were constraints on all sorts of things bc supply chain issues secondary to COVID-19.)

I placed the order for my C8 at local Chevy dealership who asked for a $1k refundable deposit (in writing). The salesman told me they get 1 allocation/month & I was number 13 in line. I could get my order sooner than 13 months if someone ahead of me dropped out. He was also very straight forward & told me the vehicle was sold for MSRP + $1.2k in "admin fees" (ie, dealer mark-up). Given the times, that was very reasonable. 12 months later, I got a call from the salesperson saying my allocation was up & he needed to finalize my order. However, given the current constraints (this was August 2022), I could not get the Z51 trim package bc GM said the tranny & CF were not available at that time. My "must haves" included the 2LT, HTC & mag ride suspension. My salesman "created" that combo for me as the on-line configurator wouldn't allow for that combo. I took delivery of the vehicle in Sept -- exactly 13-months after I put down my deposit.

I placed the order for my 5BW at a Caddy dealership in Albany, NY (I live in NC), bc my bro-in-law & sister live there & have leased an Escalade from this dealership every 3 years for the last 15 & have a great relationship there. Everything was done via email & calls. I gave them a $1k (refundable in writing) deposit after I was told they'd probably get my allocation in 12 months. The salesman also told me they usually charge Internet orders (they considered mine as such) $5k mark-up but was treating mine as a local bc of my family so was charging me "only" $1.5k. Again, for the time, I thought that was reasonable. IIRC, also in August 2022, I got the call my allocation was up so finalized my order but with constraints -- GM was still having trouble sourcing the CF parts (across all of their vehicles). So, I got everything I wanted EXCEPT the CF kit. I watched on-line as my vehicle got built & then it languished in the GOAT PEN until January 2023 when I got a call from my salesman that my vehicle showed up "unexpectedly." (I think they knew it was en route but didn't tell me bc they were probably hoping to sell it to someone willing to pay >$15k mark-up as there were places in the country at the time making sales like that.) IIRC, when I checked on-line, the vehicle was scheduled for transit 1 week prior but no updates after that. I flew to Albany 2 weeks later & picked-up the vehicle. Everything at the dealership was seemless & I was off the lot 2 hours later -- this was even after a comprehensive tutorial & intro to the vehicle by their "engineer" who showed me all the doodads & doohickies in the vehicle.

(A friend of mine drove my 5BW & loved it but decided to get a 4BW 6MT instead. He has a friend who owns a small, local used car dealership. He had his friend place an order for a 4BW for him through one of the local Caddy dealerhships. He waited 6 months & took delivery of the vehicle in July '23. Also, bc of the (rapid) change in the market, he paid $1k BELOW MSRP.)

Even though the salesperson in Albany knew I was not local, I still get an email from him now & then asking me how everything is. I've since moved within NC & not local to the Chevy dealership I purchased the C8 from but also still get regular emails asking me how everything is.

I get the C8 serviced at a local Chevy dealership & the 5BW at a local Caddy dealership (both owned by Hendrick) that are 2 blocks away from each other. In Raleigh, there's an autopark where a whole bunch of dealerships are concentrated -- Dodge, Ford, Hyundai, Jaguar/Rover, BMW, etc. (The Hyundai dealership where I get my Genesis GV80 serviced is next to the Chevy dealership.)

My bottomline advice:
  1. As others have said, ONLY put down a deposit if it's refundable & make sure to get that in writing. The typical deposit is $500-$1k. I would NOT put down more than that.
  2. Some might consider this a bit douchery but I don't see why you shouldn't place orders at 2 or 3 different dealerships simultaneously to increase your chances of getting an allocation before the May 2024 cut-off.
  3. There's absolutely no reason why you can't buy at one place & have the vehicle serviced someplace else.
Best of luck to you in getting the vehicle you want!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back