Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Changing order options?

CT5-V Model
The only time I really advocate for AT over MT is in an econo-box or in an off-road truck.

Burnt the hell out the clutch in my 6-spd Frontier learning how to wheel.

Dood. I've got an '18 Fronty PRO-4X. It has literally been my "learn to wheel" vehicle. I got it in auto for two reasons:

1) As you say, it just seemed the better trans for off-roading.

2) I was in early 50s when I got it, and I was starting to be afflicted by "Old Person Sporadic Sudden Onset Pains of Unknown Origin", where my ankle or elbow or something would hurt and make driving a manual a little tedious.

When I bought it in 2018 it was my first auto in 35 years. It's been my daily since July when I traded in my WRX STI.

Bonus pic from Big Bend National Park: OEM locker FTW

Dood. I've got an '18 Fronty PRO-4X. It has literally been my "learn to wheel" vehicle. I got it in auto for two reasons:
Hell yeah! My stock 2013 SV 6MT would get me most places on 33" AT's.

I learned to wheel on that with some buddies in lifted and gifted Xterras and ripped my running boards off and burned the hell out of clutch in the first 2 hours lol. Was a good vehicle to teach my brothers and ex how to drive stick in but when I would drive through DC to B-More to see my ex, that stiff truck clutch got old FAST.

Tempted to buy another in auto or an old Nissan Hardbody for house project crap.

Only way to wheel is with an auto......

Attachments

• CC design 1.JPG
    CC design 1.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 50
There’s something to be said about coming off an offramp, down shifting into 2nd and as you come off the clutch and press play start drifting at 50mph. It’s priceless!:Steer

Wishing my AMG had 3 pedals!!!!
That's how I crashed my first manual car into a guard rail... lol

I was still learning to drive stick and it was very rainy. Killed a 1994 Euro Spec BMW 325i M pack with only 5k miles on it... Not proud about that one.

Only way to wheel is with an auto......
Except you don’t wheel anymore.

Just like on a street car AT is always technically better. But, you can’t image how much fun it is with a MT and a twin stick. It takes a ton of practice to get the hang of it and it's very unforgiving. - It’s definitely not for everyone.

Remove an expensive option: Sorry, can't do it.

Add and expensive option: Right this way sir. can I get you anything?
I don’t want to get cynical, but…. I chatted with the online customer service team and they simply said “we can’t change anything, deal with your dealer.” That was cadillac.ca. Cadillac.com couldn’t find my order number (I assume they can only see US orders, not Canadian). Looks like I’m SOL, less than 24 hours after submitting order.
It’s quite a first-world problem to have. Will move on and regain that sense of excitement. I never thought I’d buy a car without test-driving it, but all the reviews have been universal in their praise of the best sports sedan… in the world!

Except you don’t wheel anymore.

Just like on a street car AT is always technically better. But, you can’t image how much fun it is with a MT and a twin stick. It takes a ton of practice to get the hang of it and it's very unforgiving. - It’s definitely not for everyone.
You are right as I gave up wheeling a couple of years ago but I wheeled some insane trails before I gave it up.. You are correct about learning a manual with twin stick being difficult and not my cup of tea..

A little slip of the throttle can get you in trouble... The second pic got me in a 4X4 magazine...

Attachments

• 70.jpg
    70.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 10514202_10202348481467952_6249692022064192576_o.jpg
    10514202_10202348481467952_6249692022064192576_o.jpg
    727.2 KB · Views: 51
I opted out of the CCB because of the expense and the ROI isn't there for me personally. However, part of me wishes I would have just gone for it as it makes the car even more special.

Looks like I’m SOL, less than 24 hours after submitting order.
It’s quite a first-world problem to have. Will move on and regain that sense of excitement. I never thought I’d buy a car without test-driving it, but all the reviews have been universal in their praise of the best sports sedan… in the world!
That sucks but of well, they're killer brakes!

Same here, never thought I pony up over 100k for a car that I didn't even sit in. However, now that I've had it a month, no fucking regrets whatsoever. Can you tell I'm happy? LMAO!

Update for the crew: I called the sales manager; good guy. He confirmed the order went from submitted to 3000 almost instantly. Hard to believe, but that’s the reality.
Interesting story: Same dealer submitted an order for CT5-V Blackwing on Dec 20, 2021. Car was built in March 2022 and has been sitting in Michigan waiting for a chip. It wound up trapped behind thousands of other cars, so when the chip came in they couldn’t access the Blackwing. Client might end up waiting over a year after submitting order.
Imagine if mine arrived before his…? 😮

If you would have gotten an A10 it would be faster!!! :ROFLMAO:
OH, HELL NO. I need the shifter, that's just me. ALL of my TOYS were very fast manuals, I've never owned a "toy" that was auto, never, and never will...LOL My C63 is my D/D, it's a great car, but would be fantastic had it come with 3 pedals.

Get Some Fast And Furious GIF by Regal

Update for the crew: I called the sales manager; good guy. He confirmed the order went from submitted to 3000 almost instantly. Hard to believe, but that’s the reality.
Interesting story: Same dealer submitted an order for CT5-V Blackwing on Dec 20, 2021. Car was built in March 2022 and has been sitting in Michigan waiting for a chip. It wound up trapped behind thousands of other cars, so when the chip came in they couldn’t access the Blackwing. Client might end up waiting over a year after submitting order.
JFC. Don't let GM manage parking for Lions games :cautious:
That's just a disgrace, hope the buyer got something out of it besides just a free t-shirt or oil change:

I opted out of the CCB because of the expense and the ROI isn't there for me personally. However, part of me wishes I would have just gone for it as it makes the car even more special.

I agree, it was the option I wish I got.

JFC. Don't let GM manage parking for Lions games :cautious:
That's just a disgrace, hope the buyer got something out of it besides just a free t-shirt or oil change:
GM owes the buyer one-year’s supply of Rogaine; the poor guy has been pulling out his hair since March 2022.
I always garage my cars, so I’d be pissed about the exposure to the elements for 9 months. Hail, sleet, UV rays fading whatever they hit. Terrible story.

Worldrider, I say keep your CCB wish I had them on my car, if nothing more just for the lack of brake dust. However as long as your order is still in 3000 status the dealer can request your order be pulled back. Then you can make changes, this will delay moving forward again about a week, but it can be done.

Some people here have probably lived through that already. :(

My car went from allocated to 3100 in a matter of hours.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back