Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Retrofitting carbon ceramic brakes to 5BW?

CT5-V Model

thefleshrocket

Has anyone retrofitted the CCBs to their factory-installed iron brakes on a 5BW? Does anyone know the part numbers for the pads, rotors, and calipers so I could look up pricing information?

I thought I didn't want the CCBs until I bought a C7 Z06 with CCBs and now I'm sad that I don't have them on my 5BW.

There have been some reports (can't remember if confirmed or not) that the MagneRide is programmed differently for CCB vs. Iron.

There have been some reports (can't remember if confirmed or not) that the MagneRide is programmed differently for CCB vs. Iron.

Considering the difference in unsprung weight with the lightweight rotors, that does sound conceivable. I wonder if the damping would be firmer or softer with the CCBs.

And apparently I should have searched more than just scrolling back through a page or two as there was a thread on this with posts as recent as last month. Retrofit carbon ceramic brakes?

There are links to part numbers for rotors in that thread. Assuming they are correct, they are 85575887, 85575888, 85575889, 85575890. The front rotors alone are ~$4000 each according Google and Amazon. I was (foolishly) hoping that upgrading to CCBs would cost in the neighborhood of the $9000 that it was to upgrade to them from the factory, but it looks like it will be quite a lot more than that. $9000 for nearly-dust-free brakes was a pretty hard expense to justify; if it's gonna be significantly more than that, I guess I need to just shut up, quit dreaming, and get to work cleaning my wheels more frequently. LOL

I have a list somewhere I'll post it shortly. You also need parking brakes and Hubs. All the Modules can be reprogrammed.

That would be great to have that info.. although it seems like it will likely be prohibitively expensive, I'd still like to know what's involved.

What would really be awesome is if the C7 Z06 CCBs were a bolt-on option as it would open up a lot more potential avenues of purchase.

I guess I need to just shut up, quit dreaming, and get to work cleaning my wheels more frequently. LOL
Have your wheels ceramic coated. It helps quick at bit. They'll still get dirty, albeit not nearly as bad, but it is much easier to clean them.

Have your wheels ceramic coated. It helps quick at bit. They'll still get dirty, albeit not nearly as bad, but it is much easier to clean them.
I had my bronze wheels ceramic coated when I took them off last fall to swap to my cold-weather all-season wheels and tires. Just put the bronze wheels back on two nights ago. Drove the car 70ish miles yesterday (commuting, nothing especially sporting) and the dust is very noticeable. I know it'll come off more easily, but accumulation seems to still be quick.

I had my wheels, as well as paint, all ceramic'ed with Gyeon Quartz. A 20 mile drive is enough to coat the wheels with dust. I don't know how much worse it would be without it as it feels like even the ceramic doesn't do much. The smooth finish on them should wash the dust off easily regardless of any coatings. I have recently thought maybe the CCB's would have been worth the big expense at this point even though I'd never push them like they deserve.

Could be the product used, the person doing the coating, number of coats, etc. The shop that coated mine used Kamikaze Stance Rim Coat 4.0 on my wheels. IDK, could be my imagination, but they don't seem to get nearly as dusty and dirty as before the coating.

That would be great to have that info.. although it seems like it will likely be prohibitively expensive, I'd still like to know what's involved.

What would really be awesome is if the C7 Z06 CCBs were a bolt-on option as it would open up a lot more potential avenues of purchase.
they're a completely different type of CCB rotors. watch the savagegeese video. they go into a lot of detail on the brakes. the new material in the BW is more expensive vs the c7

Could be the product used, the person doing the coating, number of coats, etc. The shop that coated mine used Kamikaze Stance Rim Coat 4.0 on my wheels. IDK, could be my imagination, but they don't seem to get nearly as dusty and dirty as before the coating.
Based on what I paid for the coating, it better not be the materials. No real experience driving without the coatings to compare for me. I went straight from the dealer to the detailer.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back