Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Brake ducts missing?

IMG_3374.jpg

Thanks Tall Steve...that's exactly what I did....sorry the dealer just threw a bunch of stuff in there so I was trying to sort all this out. only difference I was able to squeeze both spacers into one slot :)

PXL_20220712_201111971.jpg

Thanks Tall Steve...that's exactly what I did....sorry the dealer just threw a bunch of stuff in there so I was trying to sort all this out. only difference I was able to squeeze both spacers into one slot :)

View attachment 10416
I wonder what those two velcro spots in the right compartment are actually intended for - only BW have the shipping blocks, but I saw pictures of the same straps on regular CT5s, so assuming it is not for them. Nitros? Fire Extinguisher? Costco Vodka bottle?

I wonder what those two velcro spots in the right compartment are actually intended for - only BW have the shipping blocks, but I saw pictures of the same straps on regular CT5s, so assuming it is not for them. Nitros? Fire Extinguisher? Costco Vodka bottle?
I like all those options! But probably not what GM intended?

Any idea what these are? no p/n on them..

PXL_20220717_034423966.jpg

Still trying to figure out if the ball joint/control arm protectors are supposed to be installed.

I also have this package F Protector Pkg 84806233 with two pieces that look like they go behind the front wheels? Anyone install these?

Any idea what these are? no p/n on them..

View attachment 10608

Still trying to figure out if the ball joint/control arm protectors are supposed to be installed.

I also have this package F Protector Pkg 84806233 with two pieces that look like they go behind the front wheels? Anyone install these?
Those look like front wheel deflectors. The manual says to remove those and install the ball joint protectors for track use.

Those look like front wheel deflectors. The manual says to remove those and install the ball joint protectors for track use.
So they need to be mounted for regular road use? sorry still discovering stuff and I don't have the car and the manual. How about the rear control arm covers? the large ones? the Camaro guys installed them.

So they need to be mounted for regular road use? sorry still discovering stuff and I don't have the car and the manual. How about the rear control arm covers? the large ones? the Camaro guys installed them.

I use the PDF, so I can search stuff.

Honestly, if you have CCB, you don't need to do anything for the rear. The steel brakes have a deflector and different rotor shields to install for the track.

Those front tire deflectors are supposed to be on for street use.
Screenshot_20220717-164814.png

I use the PDF, so I can search stuff.

Honestly, if you have CCB, you don't need to do anything for the rear. The steel brakes have a deflector and different rotor shields to install for the track.

Those front tire deflectors are supposed to be on for street use.View attachment 10632
Yes other side is like a scoop..It's like flexible molded rubber piece as opposed to TPS plastic

Front tire deflector is supposed to go here, but my dealer said they didn't get anything of the sort, so I am currently missing them.

Attachments

• PXL_20220717_205212529.jpg
    PXL_20220717_205212529.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 85
PXL_20220712_181937263.jpg

The large pieces in the picture are rear ball joint protectors I think ...not sure what the RKR protection package (848062333) was for. The small plastic pieces on the lower left are the door striker trim surrounds which I installed. I still don't know what to do with the other pieces lol....maybe it's a dealer question.

@Daijoubu @Ergoc5 @rdollie
... thanks for reviving this thread.

I was wrong. My tire deflectors came in an unmarked bag w/o a p/n... so when they showed me the extra stuff they saved in my trunk at delivery I thought that they were the brake ducts that I had previously told them not to put on at delivery... until later when I opened the bag and double checked them vs this thread and saw that they are the tire deflectors. 🤦‍♂️

I have ccb's and therefore did not receive brake cooling ducts...I stated otherwise earlier in this thread or another thread last week...whoops/sorry everybody.

I apologized to the dealer for confusing them and they are putting the tire deflectors on today while it is in to adjust my steering wheel. I noticed at delivery that I have the same thing that someone on here noted as well [steering wheel alignment is slightly off to the left (racing stripe about an 1 inch towards 11 o'clock when wheels are straight)].

Still loving this car even more and more with each passing day... my cheeks hurt from smiling so much when I drive it.😁

@Daijoubu @Ergoc5 @rdollie
... thanks for reviving this thread.

I was wrong. My tire deflectors came in an unmarked bag w/o a p/n... so when they showed me the extra stuff they saved in my trunk at delivery I thought that they were the brake ducts that I had previously told them not to put on at delivery... until later when I opened the bag and double checked them vs this thread and saw that they are the tire deflectors. 🤦‍♂️

I have ccb's and therefore did not receive brake cooling ducts...I stated otherwise earlier in this thread or another thread last week...whoops/sorry everybody.

I apologized to the dealer for confusing them and they are putting the tire deflectors on today while it is in to adjust my steering wheel. I noticed at delivery that I have the same thing that someone on here noted as well [steering wheel alignment is slightly off to the left (racing stripe about an 1 inch towards 11 o'clock when wheels are straight)].

Still loving this car even more and more with each passing day... my cheeks hurt from smiling so much when I drive it.😁
My car is still at the detailer...I am taking my parts there to get installed....probably trust them more vs the dealer lol...parts to install..

Front wheel/fender protectors (behind front wheel)
Tire deflector (the rubber parts)
Rear control arm Aeroshields

My car is still at the detailer...I am taking my parts there to get installed....probably trust them more vs the dealer lol...parts to install..

Front wheel/fender protectors (behind front wheel)
Tire deflector (the rubber parts)
Rear control arm Aeroshields
I can't keep track of whose cars have carbon fiber and not. Does anyone with non-carbon fiber exterior and non-carbon brakes have the front wheel deflector? I have neither carbon option and I don't have the deflector.

@Mirza Grebovic , do all 5BW get the tire deflectors?

Attachments

• PXL_20220717_205212529.jpg
    PXL_20220717_205212529.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 59
I have CCBs but no CF....as per Mirza the non CF car should have this piece ...the CF cars may have a different strake...maybe some of the CF guys can show their pics..

PXL_20220717_034423966.jpg

#18 in the view below
BK20941.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!