Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V What’s this stuff that comes in the trunk?

CT5-V Model

NoirFrostV

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Got a couple things I wanted to ask about that came in the trunk of my Blackwing. First off I got a bag that has brake cooling air deflectors. Is this something the dealer should’ve installed? Should I put them on?

Secondly, I also got these two red plastic pieces parts that say up. Any idea what those are for?

The brake ducts are for track use only unless you want to blast your rotors with every piece of junk on the road. Those plastic pucks should be for inserting into the coilovers to raise up the front to clear the ramp on a flat bed tow truck. All is explained in the owners manual.

The brake ducts are for track use only unless you want to blast your rotors with every piece of junk on the road. Those plastic pucks should be for inserting into the coilovers to raise up the front to clear the ramp on a flat bed tow truck. All is explained in the owners manual.
Thanks !

Got a couple things I wanted to ask about that came in the trunk of my Blackwing. First off I got a bag that has brake cooling air deflectors. Is this something the dealer should’ve installed? Should I put them on?

Secondly, I also got these two red plastic pieces parts that say up. Any idea what those are for?
You can also do a search for the thread with a ton of information in it..

I had no idea what they were called so I didn’t know what to search

Love how people instead of just simply answering a person in need decides to direct them to searches. These forums are filled with an abundance of stuff and sometimes hard to search so simply asking is not wrong. quit being so web strong and help fellow car enthusiast out.

Love how people instead of just simply answering a person in need decides to direct them to searches. These forums are filled with an abundance of stuff and sometimes hard to search so simply asking is not wrong. quit being so web strong and help fellow car enthusiast out.
His question required a lot of typing and explaining and I did not feel like going thru all that (I'm lazy) so I simply said do the search BECAUSE the thread has all the answers to his questions....
Sean Flanagan Hello GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Brother - you’re absolutely right people like you will never process common sense and will always walk away feeling that much better about yourself kind of like a bully - quick surface level satisfaction but deep down still an empty hole inside. You’re not lazy you’re a bully and want to be the funny guy - sure I’ll be the new guy but you’re just the funny guy to get some laughs. You don’t have to type anything bc someone already offered help however you went out of your way to be a sarcastic dipshit.

I don’t disagree with you —- may have taken a little typing and explaining but that’s the glory of forums like this for car lovers all alike. We are here to support and help each other. Dipshits like you act like this and redirect with sarcastic gifs and a bunch of “…” so show some alpha male bullshit again to have a few moments of glory bc deep down hiding some real hurt so being an asshole is the easy route for you.

you’re laying in the street broken legs and you ask someone to call 911 your expectation is they would help if they had a heart but no —- Tall Steve comes along and says there is a pay phone right there i am too busy and lazy to pull my phone out to call instead I’ll direct you to the nearest pay phone.

F off with your stupid gif new guy or not I’m here to learn more about my car and see if others can help so if you can’t be helpful just stfu

Last edited:
Maybe if you read more and talked less you would learn something. And try to follow your own advice instead of bouncing off the hypocrite redline.

Last edited:
How was I being a dipshit, or bully sir? The question was answered and I simply said there was a thread with a lot of information in it..
Why do all forums have search functions? A simple search of brake cooling ducts would have given more information than could be read in a day.... Again, the question was answered I simply said a search would reveal more information!
Brother - you’re absolutely right people like you will never process common sense and will always walk away feeling that much better about yourself kind of like a bully - quick surface level satisfaction but deep down still an empty hole inside. You’re not lazy you’re a bully and want to be the funny guy - sure I’ll be the new guy but you’re just the funny guy to get some laughs. You don’t have to type anything bc someone already offered help however you went out of your way to be a sarcastic dipshit.

I don’t disagree with you —- may have taken a little typing and explaining but that’s the glory of forums like this for car lovers all alike. We are here to support and help each other. Dipshits like you act like this and redirect with sarcastic gifs and a bunch of “…” so show some alpha male bullshit again to have a few moments of glory bc deep down hiding some real hurt so being an asshole is the easy route for you.

you’re laying in the street broken legs and you ask someone to call 911 your expectation is they would help if they had a heart but no —- Tall Steve comes along and says there is a pay phone right there i am too busy and lazy to pull my phone out to call instead I’ll direct you to the nearest pay phone.

F off with your stupid gif new guy or not I’m here to learn more about my car and see if others can help so if you can’t be helpful just stfu

Wow, you kiss your mother with that mouth? Responding to this is stupid because I was not bullying him nor was I rude..... If you don't like my post just block me sir...... Been here 47 days with 12 post and making friends fast, and yes I'm a clown and post a lot of comments but I don't bully people sir!

Have a great day as I have to go about my empty life now.... Peace out "brother"!
Peace Out Reaction GIF

Please go back to Reddit where lazy questions are the norm and those who ask them filled with the righteous entitlement to being coddled with an answer.

You use a lot of words like “enthusiast” and “car lover” but those groups of people usually read the owners manual.

Sounds good guys! Most people don’t know a lot about random parts in the car and think of asking a forum what it is and to get sarcastic responses is indeed being a bully. I’m not sorry for pointing out the reality of it just as you are not sorry for pointing out the reality there is a search function. Now the search function sometimes is negated if some don’t know the proper name and or what to search for. Sometimes it is faster to simply post a question and hope that god forbid the rest of the group is HELPFUL and just responds with an answer.

My tenure and or post amount is irrelevant I’m here to learn more about what else I don’t know about the car and if it’s helpful great if it is not than wonderful. I’m sorry my opinion about your sarcastic response bothered you enough for a response to begin with.

Move along have a great day. You’re also rigjt responding to any of these threads unless helpful is stupid. Lesson learned here.

Sounds good guys! Most people don’t know a lot about random parts in the car and think of asking a forum what it is and to get sarcastic responses is indeed being a bully. I’m not sorry for pointing out the reality of it just as you are not sorry for pointing out the reality there is a search function. Now the search function sometimes is negated if some don’t know the proper name and or what to search for. Sometimes it is faster to simply post a question and hope that god forbid the rest of the group is
Question answered, NOW do search for brake ducts....
After question was answered I stated there was a thread with more information on the subject... No bullying sir and no sarcasm.....
HELPFUL and just responds with an answer.

My tenure and or post amount is irrelevant I’m here to learn more about what else I don’t know about the car and if it’s helpful great if it is not than wonderful. I’m sorry my opinion about your sarcastic response bothered you enough for a response to begin with.

Move along have a great day. You’re also rigjt responding to any of these threads unless helpful is stupid. Lesson learned here.
Just admit your wrong lick your wounds and go back to your cry closet..... Ok, that is being a bully but you deserve it!

A good solution might be for nktn1985 to use his time to answer all repetitive questions that the search function could have easily answered.

Starting now, all searches for dipshit will have this thread in the results.

Sounds good guys! Most people don’t know a lot about random parts in the car and think of asking a forum what it is and to get sarcastic responses is indeed being a bully. I’m not sorry for pointing out the reality of it just as you are not sorry for pointing out the reality there is a search function. Now the search function sometimes is negated if some don’t know the proper name and or what to search for. Sometimes it is faster to simply post a question and hope that god forbid the rest of the group is HELPFUL and just responds with an answer.

I was reading this forum for 5 months before my car was delivered and knew about many things (including the parts in the trunk) before I received my car.

As for searching, using Google will generally produce results that link back to this forum and many others. Try it yourself, “CT5V Blackwing what are the parts in the trunk” Surely everyone knows how to use Google? I have no sympathy for people that put in zero effort to find the answers on their own. That is a missed learning opportunity. I always find when I put in an effort I end up learning about many other useful things that I didn't anticipate.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back