Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2023 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

New thread for 2023 Blackwing Tracking​

Link to 2022 Order Tracking Thread:​

Production Status Codes:​

1100 – Order Placed at Dealership
2000 – Order Accepted by GM
2500 – Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 – Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 – Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 – Order Scheduled for Production
3400 – Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 – Vehicle Produced
4000 – Vehicle Available to Ship
4B00 – Bayed
4D00 – Delayed
4150 – Vehicle Invoiced
4200 – Vehicle Shipped
4300 – Intermediate Delivery
4800 – Rail Ramp Unload
5000 – Vehicle at Dealer

Link to Tracking Page:

Tracking may be dead but the thread will live on! Imagine what could happen when there isn't a topic to derail!
Pick a new thread and I will do my best to send it off the tracks!

Are Cadillac dealers THIS bad? The car I'm waiting on has an EDD of today, May 22nd. The salesman and I already worked the numbers on my trade and all of that 2 weeks ago. I haven't gotten a call from anyone at the dealer about it. I called them. And they told me the salesman I was working with is on vacation. Go figure, but good for him. So they patch me over to the New Car Sales Director. I email her 4 hours ago and I get no response. I email the New Car Sales Manager shortly after emailing the director and I still have no response from either of them.

I knew Cadillac dealers were one or two rungs below the German dealers, but holy crap. I didn't expect them to be this bad. It's almost like they don't want to sell me a car. This is honestly making me second guess my decision now. If sales isn't motivated to sell a car, then how motivated is the service department in conducting service that people pay for? The dealer experience from a so-called luxury brand is literally just a Chevy dealer but everyone wears a black shirt.

Update: I got a call back. Salesman said the car is still sitting in goddamn Lansing waiting to be loaded on to a train. Good to have an update, but annoyed at GM's logistics. Why even post an EDD if it's not even going to be delivered any time near the estimate? This will likely be the first and last GM product I buy that isn't already sitting on the dealer lot, or maybe the last GM product I ever buy since nothing else in their future products interest me. Tired of constantly disappointing news.

Last edited:
Are Cadillac dealers THIS bad? The car I'm waiting on has an EDD of today, May 22nd. The salesman and I already worked the numbers on my trade and all of that 2 weeks ago. I haven't gotten a call from anyone at the dealer about it. I called them. And they told me the salesman I was working with is on vacation. Go figure, but good for him. So they patch me over to the New Car Sales Director. I email her 4 hours ago and I get no response. I email the New Car Sales Manager shortly after emailing the director and I still have no response from either of them.

I knew Cadillac dealers were one or two rungs below the German dealers, but holy crap. I didn't expect them to be this bad. It's almost like they don't want to sell me a car. This is honestly making me second guess my decision now. If sales isn't motivated to sell a car, then how motivated is the service department in conducting service that people pay for? The dealer experience from a so-called luxury brand is literally just a Chevy dealer but everyone wears a black shirt.

Update: I got a call back. Salesman said the car is still sitting in goddamn Lansing waiting to be loaded on to a train. Good to have an update, but annoyed at GM's logistics. Why even post an EDD if it's not even going to be delivered any time near the estimate? This will likely be the first and last GM product I buy that isn't already sitting on the dealer lot, or maybe the last GM product I ever buy since nothing else in their future products interest me. Tired of constantly disappointing news.
Sorry for your experience...
but drive it* and then get back to me😉

Process sucks... but car is worth it!

*once you finally get it

Sorry for your experience...
but drive it* and then get back to me😉

Process sucks... but car is worth it!

*once you finally get it

I know. It’s the combination of excitement and impatience that’s killing me. The car is literally at the home stretch here, with an overnight train ride to KC, but still stuck in limbo.

I’ve calmed down since the salesman called and gave me an update. They just had to move the goal post to keep me in line I guess. I guess all I really needed was another time frame to look forward to, and be met with disappointment again, hoping that the car will finally arrive. That’s called insanity.

I know. It’s the combination of excitement and impatience that’s killing me. The car is literally at the home stretch here, with an overnight train ride to KC, but still stuck in limbo.

I’ve calmed down since the salesman called and gave me an update. They just had to move the goal post to keep me in line I guess. I guess all I really needed was another time frame to look forward to, and be met with disappointment again, hoping that the car will finally arrive. That’s called insanity.
I waited 51 weeks for mine and (while at times I was antsy too) I am so glad I did!

I waited 51 weeks for mine and (while at times I was antsy too) I am so glad I did!

That's a long time. I waited nearly that long for my GR Corolla to arrive when I put a deposit down last March. Arrived at the end of February this year. Surprise call outta nowhere. I guess the big difference between the Blackwing and the GR is that the GR is made in Japan and transported via ship here to the states. There's not a real way for Toyota dealers to track them either. So I just accepted it since the car was more or less invisible until it hit the dealer. Whereas GM builds their cars here domestically and has this fancy-schmancy order tracking system. By virtue of a tracking system just existing, people are going to use it religiously. I suppose there's a big difference in expectation rather than overall wait time. It's easier to wait something out that you can't track at all, and harder to stay patient when you can see that it's coming, but still stuck somewhere.

The order tracking system is good while the car is in production. Once it hits the goat pen all bets are off. Many different factors can keep them holding for a while. From what I can tell the dealers don't have much visibility to them either. They can initiate questions about them, but by and large it is a waiting game for everyone.

And to echo your point above -- I was happy I didn't get any ETA. Rob's tracker never had an eta on my car and it showed up announced at the dealer while still in 4D00 status almost 11 months after my initial order at the first dealer, 7.5 months after I placed it at the second dealer. Unfortunately there is a reason it is called the goat rodeo.

Estimated in EDD can mean anything, so basically, they warned you. The dealer experience is a crapshoot. You can get a good one or not so good one. There have been delivery issues since the BW came out and chronicled on this website. That shouldn't be a surprise. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

Dude, breathe, its a goat rodeo. This is the normal process. It will all be worth your wait once you finish the break in cycle.

I know. It’s the combination of excitement and impatience that’s killing me. The car is literally at the home stretch here

You're in the absolutely worst phase of the process.

This is the first car I have ever ordered. And it might be the last.

If a tree fell on my 4BW I'd absolutely run out and buy another. But I would do everything I could to buy one from dealer stock before ordering one.

Lets not forget the term Goat Rodeo was brought to the forum by your good friend @Tall Steve AKA me!

Lets not forget the term Goat Rodeo was brought to the forum by your good friend @Tall Steve AKA me!

160d6744-1508-443e-bde1-8c9d5f79449a_text.gif

You're in the absolutely worst phase of the process.

This is the first car I have ever ordered. And it might be the last.

If a tree fell on my 4BW I'd absolutely run out and buy another. But I would do everything I could to buy one from dealer stock before ordering one.

There are over 200 manual 4BWs sitting around in dealer lots all over the country, many of which have a $2000 incentive. I told my dealer that if that car I'm waiting on isn't loaded on to the train by the end of this week, I'll go with an out of state dealer. I have friends in Austin. I can fly there, take my pick of the dozens of 4BWs sitting around, hang out with my friends, and drive it home. By the time I get home, it'll be mostly broken in. The dealer I'm working with is offering a lot less on my trade than what Carvana is offering, so I've mostly stuck around due to the convenience aspect. They're only 2 miles away from my house, and buying and trading in the same state is more convenient and seamless from a paperwork perspective.

I never got an allocation for a custom order, and the car I'm waiting on is just a dealer build but 'close enough' to what I specced out. But there are 200 4BWs sitting around waiting to be sold. I can literally just take my pick and find the best deal.

There are over 200 manual 4BWs sitting around in dealer lots all over the country, many of which have a $2000 incentive. I told my dealer that if that car I'm waiting on isn't loaded on to the train by the end of this week, I'll go with an out of state dealer. I have friends in Austin. I can fly there, take my pick of the dozens of 4BWs sitting around, hang out with my friends, and drive it home. By the time I get home, it'll be mostly broken in. The dealer I'm working with is offering a lot less on my trade than what Carvana is offering, so I've mostly stuck around due to the convenience aspect. They're only 2 miles away from my house, and buying and trading in the same state is more convenient and seamless from a paperwork perspective.

I never got an allocation for a custom order, and the car I'm waiting on is just a dealer build but 'close enough' to what I specced out. But there are 200 4BWs sitting around waiting to be sold. I can literally just take my pick and find the best deal.
I guess you know what you need to do then. The dealer has no control over the delivery process.

I guess you know what you need to do then. The dealer has no control over the delivery process.

Screw this dealer. I’m flying to Austin to hang out with my good friends and buy a 4BW tomorrow. Already got a pre-approved loan for much, much less interest than what I know Ally Financial can do for me. Found one with the right options and better color and has a $2000 off incentive. Gonna sell my trade to Carvana instead, and use those profits to fund a spontaneous week long vacation I just came up with this morning.

Screw this dealer. I’m flying to Austin to hang out with my good friends and buy a 4BW tomorrow. Already got a pre-approved loan for much, much less interest than what I know Ally Financial can do for me. Found one with the right options and better color and has a $2000 off incentive. Gonna sell my trade to Carvana instead, and use those profits to fund a spontaneous week long vacation I just came up with this morning.
Good luck! :)

keep in mind the sales tax savings of trading it in for one car vs another. in KS that is pushing 9%...

if you think your service at cable dahmer was bad, don't try one of the audi dealers in town. i specifically told them to let me know when they get the allocation for my rs6 order as i was a bit torn between 2 colors and wanted to know when my window for changes would open and close. fast forward 7 months and i find that a car with the exact spec of my order was showing up on their website as a new car for sale. turns out they got an allocation in january, the car completed build in march, and it arrived in KC in june. the only reason i knew my order was accepted was after it was already in route to the dealer! the salesmen told me he'd be giving me weekly updates but ended up giving me zero the entire time. the only thing cool about VW car tracking is that the porche guys are insane and have figured out how you can track the boat the car is on via GPS at any given time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop