Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2023 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

New thread for 2023 Blackwing Tracking​

Link to 2022 Order Tracking Thread:​

Production Status Codes:​

1100 – Order Placed at Dealership
2000 – Order Accepted by GM
2500 – Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 – Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 – Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 – Order Scheduled for Production
3400 – Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 – Vehicle Produced
4000 – Vehicle Available to Ship
4B00 – Bayed
4D00 – Delayed
4150 – Vehicle Invoiced
4200 – Vehicle Shipped
4300 – Intermediate Delivery
4800 – Rail Ramp Unload
5000 – Vehicle at Dealer

Link to Tracking Page:

I had to play detective. I searched Caddilac.com for a 2023 CT5V BW window sticker on an in stock vehicle . I changed the last 8 characters to my last 8, then tried different numbers(1-9) for the 7th until my window sticker popped up. I was glad it was a number because if it was a letter I was just going to reach out to my selling dealer.

BTW- You will need to wait until the last 8 of your vin are on the tracker. I was going to try and search it out for you.
Got it, thanks.

So I decided to go with a 4BW dealer order that had similar options to what my build would have been. Add sunroof, subtract bronze wheels, remove midnight steel price, add red brake calipers. The rest of the options are the same. Faux suede high performance seats, and add tech package with PDR. It's black now, rather than the midnight steel metallic. Pricing is a couple hundred less. I don't normally like sunroofs because the track guy in me is like, "that adds weight and increases COG", but it's a 3800 lbs car already. No sunroof is not likely to change its handling dynamics. I also don't normally buy black cars nor like polished wheels, but raven black with the standard polished wheels looks pretty damn classy and sleeper. I feel like I should be wearing a tuxedo while driving it. I dig it. The car will be garaged and probably never driven in the rain and winter time. I have a GR Corolla for the bad weather stuff.

Current status of this 4BW is 4150. It had a TPW of 5/1/23. I really hope it gets on a train soon, as the dealer and I have already worked out the numbers. MSRP, no dealer add-ons, plus admin fee, plus GAP. Impatiently waiting now.

status of this 4BW is 4150. It had a TPW of 5/1/23. I really hope it gets on a train soon,

5hsc3g.jpg

Thanks for adding my order Rob. It was 4300 yesterday(5/11). In my impatience, I contacted Cadillac via chat this morning and asked for an updated status. Here's what the agent told me:

Your vehicle is in transit. From this point, your dealer is in the best position to provide estimated delivery times. Thank you for your patience.

From Lansing, MI to Kansas City, MO via rail, I assume. Lansing is not that far from KC. So hopefully, arriving any day now.

Here's more comedy: my sales guy says he sees my order as status 4300. And yet it's still sitting in that Michigan autoport waiting for its train ride. Unless it was "intermediately" delivered to the train station and that's what they mean.

Picked up the blue machine. I have to say this one is way better built than my black one. Trunk shuts a lot better. One front door is misaligned but dealer will address it. Paint is a lot better. Guess since it didn’t sit 6 months on a lot so paint probably didnt get as scuffed. I guess my car was built on a Tuesday rather than on a Friday! Ha!

Soooooo....unfortunately, I have some bad news.

GM released their next generation Order Workbench system this week which has been completely revamped, horribly designed and buggy.

I am no longer able to track any orders placed by other dealerships.

Which is ridiculous because if I work for a dealership that purchases another dealer's car that hasn't been built yet, but the order has been placed, I can't track that order and keep my customer up to date on when they might expect arrival.

So, unless something changes, Blackwing Order Tracking is now dead.

Sorry guys.

Sorry guys.
Shit happens. Sounds like you will be able to enjoy more cocktails now !!!!!!!

GM released their next generation Order Workbench system this week which has been completely revamped, horribly designed and buggy.

Which is ridiculous because if I work for a dealership that purchases another dealer's car that hasn't been built yet, but the order has been placed, I can't track that order and keep my customer up to date on when they might expect arrival.

Sorry guys.
Thankfully, we have the Blackwing Concierge to call. :rolleyes:

Sorry guys.
Interesting in that when I contacted an Adviser on Cadillac's chat today, that in addition to my order number, they asked which dealership I had placed my order with. I don't recall being asked that previously.

Interesting in that when I contacted an Adviser on Cadillac's chat today, that in addition to my order number, they asked which dealership I had placed my order with. I don't recall being asked that previously.
Same thing happened to me.

Thank you for your service @Rob

Update on my 4BW.

On 15 May, the Cadillac chat said the status was back to 4000. It was 4150, then 4300, then 4200 from 09 May to at least 14 May. I emailed Keri from Accelerated Services and she said the car was in shippable status and has been assigned to Jack Cooper Transport as of the 15th. She also said that the last known location is Lansing, and that she can't see where the car is once it has been assigned to the courier.

I had initially thought that when the 4200 status popped last week, that it had already left Lansing. But I guess it just bounced from parking lot to parking lot. As of 18 May, it is still 4000. In addition, the car pops up on Cadillac's inventory website as having an EDD of 22 May, which is also reflected on the dealer's website.

Does the courier(JCT) update GM's system when they pick up and ship the car? Or will it just show up at the dealer one day? I'm hoping the car is en route with no updates, but hope leads to disappointment. And how accurate are the EDDs on the inventory website? Cadillac chat has been telling me that it's still in 4000 status, and the salesman is saying it will be arriving soon based on the sequence of status codes the car has gone through.

Reactions: Rob
Tracking may be dead but the thread will live on! Imagine what could happen when there isn't a topic to derail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop