Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2023 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

New thread for 2023 Blackwing Tracking​

Link to 2022 Order Tracking Thread:​

Production Status Codes:​

1100 – Order Placed at Dealership
2000 – Order Accepted by GM
2500 – Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged")
3000 – Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 – Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 – Order Scheduled for Production
3400 – Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 – Vehicle Produced
4000 – Vehicle Available to Ship
4B00 – Bayed
4D00 – Delayed
4150 – Vehicle Invoiced
4200 – Vehicle Shipped
4300 – Intermediate Delivery
4800 – Rail Ramp Unload
5000 – Vehicle at Dealer

Link to Tracking Page:

You sure are quiet these days...
Honestly, I've been so damn swamped in work and dealing with a house project, I've had no spare time to myself. Work is slowing down and the house project is basically done now.

Hey y'all, here she is! I picked her up Friday morning and spent all weekend detailing and personalizing. I had a rare wife and childless weekend, so it was the perfect scenario to fully geek out. The paint was mint, very minimal spot correction and final polish, then a ceramic sealant is all I did to the paint. Did a wheels off detail and a few other interior things and now plan to enjoy.

Worth the wait indeed! Almost 5 months exactly from order to delivery. Shout out to Cadillac of South San Francisco. I've had a lot of new car experiences and this one was by far the most professional, efficient, and courteous of all my OCD requests.

Attachments

• 20230219_165741.jpg
    20230219_165741.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 104
Hey y'all, here she is! I picked her up Friday morning and spent all weekend detailing and personalizing. I had a rare wife and childless weekend, so it was the perfect scenario to fully geek out. The paint was mint, very minimal spot correction and final polish, then a ceramic sealant is all I did to the paint. Did a wheels off detail and a few other interior things and now plan to enjoy.

Worth the wait indeed! Almost 5 months exactly from order to delivery. Shout out to Cadillac of South San Francisco. I've had a lot of new car experiences and this one was by far the most professional, efficient, and courteous of all my OCD requests.
Congratulations!

Was going to pick up the Argent beast today but the salesman (whose been great) headed me off at the pass. Seems the paint on the lower left side (where the doors meet) of the left side passenger door does not match the rest of the car. He said it looks like the paint sprayer ran out of paint in that area and just didn't get enough coverage. Does GM/Cadillac have a quality control inspection before the car leaves the lot after 4 1/2 months? Sorry I digress. He said he is getting together with the body shop/paint people to come up with a plan. Not sure what to expect but being the easy going chill guy that I am I'll just go with the flow for now and see what they decide to do. Here is a picture of the car they sent me but honestly due to shading I don't think you can tell exactly what the real issue looks like. Anyone have a similar issue with their pre delivery and how was it resolved? PS Glad to see jbawden's paint was near perfect. That car rocks!!!! Congratulations

Attachments

• D4614CEE-119C-4AFE-AE5F-CD7CE0FE9FAC.jpeg
    D4614CEE-119C-4AFE-AE5F-CD7CE0FE9FAC.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 131
Was going to pick up the Argent beast today but the salesman (whose been great) headed me off at the pass. Seems the paint on the lower left side (where the doors meet) of the left side passenger door does not match the rest of the car. He said it looks like the paint sprayer ran out of paint in that area and just didn't get enough coverage. Does GM/Cadillac have a quality control inspection before the car leaves the lot after 4 1/2 months? Sorry I digress. He said he is getting together with the body shop/paint people to come up with a plan. Not sure what to expect but being the easy going chill guy that I am I'll just go with the flow for now and see what they decide to do. Here is a picture of the car they sent me but honestly due to shading I don't think you can tell exactly what the real issue looks like. Anyone have a similar issue with their pre delivery and how was it resolved? PS Glad to see jbawden's paint was near perfect. That car rocks!!!! Congratulations
That sucks, but glad they are on it and on your side..
I just had some work done at the local dealer's body shop because my car was side swiped in a parking lot and it looks really good. Hope yours gets the same treatment...or even better!

Does GM/Cadillac have a quality control inspection before the car leaves the lot after 4 1/2 months? Sorry I digress. He said he is getting together with the body shop/paint people to come up with a plan. Not sure what to expect but being the easy going chill guy that I am I'll just go with the flow for now and see what they decide to do.
I'm sure that's an easy enough fix but I have to give you props for being that "easy going chill guy"! I wish I were a little more like that! Especially when it's something like this that's totally beyond your control.

You ordered a BW with standard seats? For that reason alone I would just tell them to keep it and place a new order.

:grouphug:

You ordered a BW with standard seats? For that reason alone I would just tell them to keep it and place a new order.

:grouphug:
OK? Since I know your trying to be helpful I'll play. I'm 6'4" -250 pd. I will never track this car. I will daily drive this car and I plan on having grand kids and other non car enthusiast in it. I sat in in all the seats available to order and clearly enjoyed the standard seats the most from a comfort and practicality standpoint. My wife clearly liked the understated look of the standard seats compared to the stylized upgraded seats that were available. I obviously have missed some important consideration that you can hopefully enlighten me on.

OK? Since I know your trying to be helpful I'll play. I'm 6'4" -250 pd. I will never track this car. I will daily drive this car and I plan on having grand kids and other non car enthusiast in it. I sat in in all the seats available to order and clearly enjoyed the standard seats the most from a comfort and practicality standpoint. My wife clearly liked the understated look of the standard seats compared to the stylized upgraded seats that were available. I obviously have missed some important consideration that you can hopefully enlighten me on.
Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

The OEM/Standard seats are more comfortable, that's just fact... Correct me if I'm wrong but the standard and the high end seat cars both have the same HP right?

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

The OEM/Standard seats are more comfortable, that's just fact... Correct me if I'm wrong but the standard and the high end seat cars both have the same HP right?
Last I checked you are correct Sir. I am hoping that RobC7 will supply us with a complete set of pictures of his BW so we can establish the "gold standard" for this wonderful car. Looking at his past posts I couldn't find a single picture or description of his car. Can't wait to see a truly amazing car!

I guess you missed the grouphug emojii - my sarcasm at it's finest.

Last I checked you are correct Sir. I am hoping that RobC7 will supply us with a complete set of pictures of his BW so we can establish the "gold standard" for this wonderful car. Looking at his past posts I couldn't find a single picture or description of his car. Can't wait to see a truly amazing car!

If it was so easy to have a Blackwing everyone would have one by now, including you. Seeing these paint issues is very reminiscent of C7 deliveries.

And since you mentioned it, the Gold standard = 6spd manual with upgraded seats

:Steer

If it was so easy to have a Blackwing everyone would have one by now, including you. Seeing these paint issues is very reminiscent of C7 deliveries.

Yes sir, sarcasm is very hard on the internet!

Oh, gold standard....
30FA9B21-650B-4082-8E27-31046D934F1E.JPG

Actually I do have a Blackwing. That's what the original post is referring to. Hopefully you'll get a chance to get one yourself. Do you have one on order?

Actually I do have a Blackwing. That's what the original post is referring to. Hopefully you'll get a chance to get one yourself. Do you have one on order?
I understand that I was just implying you and others have run into issues with their deliveries and unfortunately it just adds to the agony of waiting.

I have an order and was given an allocation but I passed on it. Not the right time for me & I am interested in any possible updates for 2024.

Honestly, I've been so damn swamped in work and dealing with a house project, I've had no spare time to myself. Work is slowing down and the house project is basically done now.
Wanna talk about it?

Hbo Therapy GIF by SuccessionHBO

Wanna talk about it?

Hbo Therapy GIF by SuccessionHBO
There he is!

Zoomie I'd like to schedule an appointment for April 6th, assuming my dealer doesn't get different information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop