Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Yup, built on june 23rd
My dealer got their last '22 in 6.5 months after it was built. You should be close if your 6 months in. Probably mid January you'll see it with any luck.

All orders have been checked and updated accordingly.

Is there any way to see how long each wait is within the order tracking? What I'm asking is there a date on each order number when submitted that you can add to the tracking? Just curious as I submitted my order on August 11th and am still sitting at 1100

Is there any way to see how long each wait is within the order tracking? What I'm asking is there a date on each order number when submitted that you can add to the tracking? Just curious as I submitted my order on August 11th and am still sitting at 1100
Nope.

So, I promised myself I wouldn’t torture myself by constantly lurking here on this site waiting for updates. Nope, only gonna check once a month.

Yeah, that’s going well….

So order acceptance is based on dealer allocation? Placed my order over a month ago, but no acceptance so I guess my dealer is to blame for that? Any idea what a “typical” acceptance period is (2 months, 6 months???) Would my dealer know when the order will be (or is) accepted?

An order at 1100 status needs to be matched with an allocation before it progresses. Allocations are the hardest part of the process. If you're at a small volume dealer, you're likely not going to get one. If you're serious, you really need to do the legwork and find dealers that get allocations and get in line with them. Not including CF1/2 on your order really improves your odds.

So, I promised myself I wouldn’t torture myself by constantly lurking here on this site waiting for updates. Nope, only gonna check once a month.

Yeah, that’s going well….

So order acceptance is based on dealer allocation? Placed my order over a month ago, but no acceptance so I guess my dealer is to blame for that? Any idea what a “typical” acceptance period is (2 months, 6 months???) Would my dealer know when the order will be (or is) accepted?
Check the registry and search your dealer to see how many cars they got for the 2022 model year. That will be a good starting point. Then, you have to figure out what number in line you are at your dealer. You'd think that would be a straight forward request, but at some dealers it can be like pulling teeth.

Check the registry and search your dealer to see how many cars they got for the 2022 model year. That will be a good starting point. Then, you have to figure out what number in line you are at your dealer. You'd think that would be a straight forward request, but at some dealers it can be like pulling teeth.
What is the registry? Where could I go to search this? Thanks for the tip!

Thanks! Five CT5BWs were delivered to my dealer in 2022. When I ordered, there were 23 on their order list. Not looking too good so far; guess I need to bug the salesman to see what the status looks like.

As someone stated, it’s best if you check with multiple dealers in your area. I called all the Cadillac dealers in my tri state area, got on their lists and waited. Luckily, the dealer nearest me got 1 allocation for a manual transmission 5bw. I went from 1100 on 5/24, to 3800 on 12/21. The other dealers still haven’t received an allocation yet.

Thanks! Five CT5BWs were delivered to my dealer in 2022. When I ordered, there were 23 on their order list. Not looking too good so far; guess I need to bug the salesman to see what the status looks like.
And how many of the 23 orders have CF1/CF2 would also help you.

My 3rd dealer had 20+ orders ahead of me and most wanted the CF; they were willing to wait. I didn't have any CF on my build, so I got lucky in that regard and received a car.

Good luck!

Passing on an allocation for exterior CF is a mistake. You can just buy all that CF yourself from your dealer or an online dealer. Sometimes they go on backorder but they usually come back into stock later. Before when it wasnt clear you could buy the CF separately that was a concern, but now absolutely no reason to get skipped over for CF . If you are dead set on the car, I'd say start collecting the CF stuff as soon as you get your allocation.

The guy ahead of me at the small dealer I ordered from passed on his allocation for CF and thus I got the only 5BW allocation for MY22.

I cannot stress enough how submitting a build to a salesman does not constitute an "order".

Telling your dealer what build you want is not an "order" it is merely you getting in line with a build for your dealer to enter into the system to show GM they have a customer wanting said vehicle.

GM has to give your dealership an allocation, this is how your dealer gets vehicles, any vehicle, Blackwing, Corvette, Tahoe, Malibu etc. Once your dealer receives allocations (usually on Thursday) they then match allocations with the orders to be submitted for the following Tuesday. In the case of a Malibu there might be nobody who is waiting for one and so the dealer will order one for inventory. In the case of a Blackwing, the dealer probably has people in line with a build and the dealer will call up the first person in line stating they have allocation and that they can now order you the vehicle, this is usually where you go over your original build submission and make any adjustments. Allocations sometimes have constraints associated with them, (such as no carbon fiber) so your build cannot include the constraints. If you want the constrained item you cannot order the car and the dealer will go to the next person in line because they can't submit a vehicle with constraints for the allocation.

Once you've decided on your build, it will be submitted, the hard part is over, you now have a vehicle that will be coming. No more guessing games, no more wondering if you will get a vehicle, you will get this vehicle (perhaps 6 months later but it will show up). This is the moment you have now "ordered" a vehicle. Until this happens, you haven't "ordered" anything.

Many dealers do not tell you that they do not have allocations, they won't even tell you wait lists, many people assume they have "ordered" a vehicle by simply submitting a build and they have not, unless the dealer happened to have an allocation the moment you walked into the dealership and nobody was in line (very very small chance this is the case for a Blackwing).

You must inquire before getting in line how many Blackwings the dealer received the prior year (you can also check your dealership on the registry) once you have a number, you need to know what spot in line you are, now you can do some simple math to get an approximate wait time for your allocation.

This is the beginning of the great goat rodeo but once you have an allocation assigned to your build, you're in, you will get a Blackwing.

My dealer got their last '22 in 6.5 months after it was built. You should be close if you’re 6 months in. Probably mid January you'll see it with any luck.
I’m hoping it gets delivered at the beginning of January…but who knows. I was able to get a great price on my car though, so that easy the pain quite a bit.

After quite a bit of sophisticated analysis I have finally determined that my 5BW that was built on 9/8/22 has a 59.234% of being delivered to the west coast by the end of 2023. Dallas deliveries have a 96.23568% of being delivered within the first 6 months after being built.

I cannot stress enough how submitting a build to a salesman does not constitute an "order".

Telling your dealer what build you want is not an "order" it is merely you getting in line with a build for your dealer to enter into the system to show GM they have a customer wanting said vehicle.

GM has to give your dealership an allocation, this is how your dealer gets vehicles, any vehicle, Blackwing, Corvette, Tahoe, Malibu etc. Once your dealer receives allocations (usually on Thursday) they then match allocations with the orders to be submitted for the following Tuesday. In the case of a Malibu there might be nobody who is waiting for one and so the dealer will order one for inventory. In the case of a Blackwing, the dealer probably has people in line with a build and the dealer will call up the first person in line stating they have allocation and that they can now order you the vehicle, this is usually where you go over your original build submission and make any adjustments. Allocations sometimes have constraints associated with them, (such as no carbon fiber) so your build cannot include the constraints. If you want the constrained item you cannot order the car and the dealer will go to the next person in line because they can't submit a vehicle with constraints for the allocation.

Once you've decided on your build, it will be submitted, the hard part is over, you now have a vehicle that will be coming. No more guessing games, no more wondering if you will get a vehicle, you will get this vehicle (perhaps 6 months later but it will show up). This is the moment you have now "ordered" a vehicle. Until this happens, you haven't "ordered" anything.

Many dealers do not tell you that they do not have allocations, they won't even tell you wait lists, many people assume they have "ordered" a vehicle by simply submitting a build and they have not, unless the dealer happened to have an allocation the moment you walked into the dealership and nobody was in line (very very small chance this is the case for a Blackwing).

You must inquire before getting in line how many Blackwings the dealer received the prior year (you can also check your dealership on the registry) once you have a number, you need to know what spot in line you are, now you can do some simple math to get an approximate wait time for your allocation.

This is the beginning of the great goat rodeo but once you have an allocation assigned to your build, you're in, you will get a Blackwing.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This...right here!!!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

After quite a bit of sophisticated analysis I have finally determined that my 5BW that was built on 9/8/22 has a 59.234% of being delivered to the west coast by the end of 2023. Dallas deliveries have a 96.23568% of being delivered within the first 6 months after being built.
Donald Trump GIF by GIPHY News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!