Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
I am active in Camaro6 forum and things are not better on the other side as well.
I’m active there as well. I have a SS 1LE with a ZLE on order.

I’d disagree that it’s the same.

Average wait from build to delivery is currently 3-6 weeks. While the 1LE package was on constraint until August, now they are building and shipping fast!

The last month in the 2023 order status thread has cars ordered in April/May being produced and delivered.

The only exception is the ZLE, which is even more constrained than Blackwing. Only 22 produced in the month of September.

I guess I was just wondering why BW transport seems to be so broken.

Average wait from build to delivery is currently 3-6 weeks. While the 1LE package was on constraint until August, now they are building and shipping fast!

The last month in the 2023 order status thread has cars ordered in April/May being produced and delivered.

The only exception is the ZLE, which is even more constrained than Blackwing. Only 22 produced in the month of September.

Cool Camaros on constraint but GM will stop production because they aren't selling well ;shrug

How can I get my order added to the tracking system? My dealer just texted and said the car entered TPW on 11/28/22 after ordering 14 months ago...not sure exactly what all that means.

The order number is BPXQGD

How can I get my order added to the tracking system? My dealer just texted and said the car entered TPW on 11/28/22 after ordering 14 months ago...not sure exactly what all that means.

@Rob will hook you up! Welcome to the forum...

Logic says if there is a difference between Camaro and 4/5BW lead-times, it would be caused by something unique to the BW. Also, annual production of the Camaro is about 10x that of the BW model, so it might feel like there isn't as much of a delivery issue.

It means your car has a tentative scheduled build week of 11/28/22 OR that it has moved to 3300 status and now has a TPW available.

Based on the way you described its hard to determine if your salesman is saying your order now has a TPW status available or if the TPW is 11/28/22 so you will need to ask for clarification.

TPW stands for Targeted Production Week.

Last edited:
It means your car has a tentative scheduled build week of 11/28/22 OR that it has moved to 3300 status and now has a TPW available.

Based on the way you described its hard to determine if your salesman is saying your order now has a TPW status available or if the TPW is 11/28/22 so you will need to ask for clarification.

TPW stands for Targeted Production Week.
Ahh, thank you for the insight. The dealer advised: "That means it reached broadcast. It's getting built."

I guess I'll know more when @Rob gets a chance to include in the update.

I have only 300 miles on my 5 Blackwing. It is the one for me, and I have never enjoyed driving so much. But if I could only keep it or my Sierra + trailer, the car would be gone. The car is for me, the trailer for my Family, and the memories we have made camping are priceless. And truth be told I am much more a truck guy for a daily driver. It is a jungle out there, I could never daily drive a car.
Is your 5BW a 23? If, so does it have the BW Badge on the decklid? Pics pls, if it does? And for the wise folks that landed a 120th already, pls share pics. Thanx.

Is your 5BW a 23? If, so does it have the BW Badge on the decklid? Pics pls, if it does? And for the wise folks that landed a 120th already, pls share pics. Thanx.
I don't believe the Blackwing badge is being added until December produced vehicles at the earliest. There was a thread about it buried in the forums you can find that has a picture of the badge, the configurator also shows the new badge.

Mine is a 2022. I ordered a 23, but by the Grace of God a near identical 22 came available days before my 23 delivered to the dealer. Same build, but with top level semi-aniline seats, and at 4K less :) Thankfully, no Blackwing badge. My advertising will come from the LT4.

I’m surprised to hear that. Back in August I reached out to Mike Furman about ordering an SS 1LE and he said it would be about a year. That’s when I shifted to looking for a 4BW.

So the car was shipped with the blocks in the spring. I’m assuming I just need to Jack up front and the shipping blocks will pull out?

V-Academy Day One: Classroom instruction on driving the course. PDR reviews from instructors SD cards. They split us up into 3 groups (Red, Blue,Green) and you do a round robin of different practices. (Track familiarization, skid pad braking and figure 8 steering. We were supposed to do a demo ride with an instructor, but a car blew its engine (Corvette) and dumped oil on the track. They should have it cleaned up by tomorrow. Day two is more track work, demo ride and auto cross, learning launch control. Hope to improve my track times. I have NEVER seen so many Corvettes in one location ! They said that they own all the Vettes and use the Cadillacs up to 8000 miles and then sell them to a California dealer. Buffet lunch from 1200- 1300 hrs was pretty good. Three different driving groups were here , so the place was very busy. ****I think this place is to blame for why some guys are still waiting for their cars.
That's some seriously cool hardware. Can't wait for the day 2 report. Have fun.

So the car was shipped with the blocks in the spring. I’m assuming I just need to Jack up front and the shipping blocks will pull out?
My 17 SS was deliveredthe same way. 10 min to jack up and pill the spring blocks. Easy

My 17 SS was deliveredthe same way. 10 min to jack up and pill the spring blocks. Easy
I’m assuming it’s just in front?

I’m surprised to hear that. Back in August I reached out to Mike Furman about ordering an SS 1LE and he said it would be about a year. That’s when I shifted to looking for a 4BW.
SS 1LE's are in ready supply now. I have a call from both the dealers I have the ZLE on order with offering me SS 1LE's they have in stock. Since I already have a SS 1LE, I declined. :D

If you have interest in one, I can give you the info on a Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE that is avail right now. Or you could buy mine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop