Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
The cars themselves are great spokespersons for the brand when things go right, but brand loyalty is won or lost via customer service when things are going wrong. If I were one of GMs 90,000 plus Trailblazer customers I could see them not being able to logistically manage in-depth customer care, but there are less than 2000 Blackwing sold customer orders, so I think a little extra service to such a small group spending so much with your luxury brand isn't an unreasonable ask. Not a complaint, just some honest constructive criticism....
My 2007 Trailblazer with rusted out power steering lines, 2000 Intrigue and 1999 Grand Am with rusted out brake lines and fuel lines at about 10 years that sent them all to the junk yard were the big hurdle for me to ever buy GM again. Customer service is nice, but nothing like having your teenage daughter call and tell you the brakes failed when the lines rusted through on a ten year old car.

I'm really fascinated to see how the dynamic unfolds between manufacturers and buyers, the expensive realities of the finite battery useful life

We have an EV thread:

New to the forum and quite frustrated with the order process and Cadillac customer service.

I place an order for a 22 CT4 BW with Suburban Cadillac of Plymouth outside of Detroit in Feb 2022. ... If anyone has any information on current production in Lansing, orders placed as long ago as mine, or anything else, I'd love to hear about it.
I placed my order 2 months after yours, with a dealer hear in Houston that has a good rep on the forum.

I got an allocation in July - but it was not the car I originally ordered. The dealer offered me a prior allocation that did not have a buyer. I jumped on it. Had I not taken that allocation, I would almost certainly still be waiting for one.

Like you, I got offered multiple automatics while I was waiting for my allocation for a manual.

There are some people on this forum who bought existing cars off of lots simply by calling around. If I could turn back the clock, I would try to do the same. But my car is now built and I am waiting on delivery.

New to the forum and quite frustrated with the order process and Cadillac customer service.

I place an order for a 22 CT4 BW with Suburban Cadillac of Plymouth outside of Detroit in Feb 2022. Order number BJZGF5. When placed, my enthusiastic rep said "Oh, we should get it 4 months". I knew that was BS so I didn't say anything. I've followed up monthly with no updates and when I do, he offers up automatics when I told him I only want a manual. Last month, he said that it will now be a 23 model and likely not arrive in fall and that "my order is next for the dealer when they allotment is up."

I'm not sure what to believe from any Cadillac dealer because I reached out to a local dealer here in suburban Chicago who said he would inquire but has yet to respond dishing out more excuses.

It's not lost on me there are suppliers issues but there isn't a customer service shortage. If you don't have any information or can't help, just be upfront about what's going on.

If anyone has any information on current production in Lansing, orders placed as long ago as mine, or anything else, I'd love to hear about it.
Sounds like you just got a poor dealer and they could not get an allocation. That is on the dealer-not GM. Dealers are independents. Your past 22 order is now history and you are starting over with the same thing as a 23. I hope your outcome is better, but it isn't looking like it. They have no allocation for you. I would seriously go to another dealer (or 2, 3).

Apologies for going off topic...#threadpolice...

I really don't think the BW buyer is in the target market for any manufacturers BEV aspirations. I won't carry on about EV's any further other than to say that I totally understand the frustration with the treatment of BW buyers, its maddening, and I don't even have allocation.

I place an order for a 22 CT4 BW with Suburban Cadillac of Plymouth outside of Detroit in Feb 2022. Order number BJZGF5. When placed, my enthusiastic rep said "Oh, we should get it 4 months". I knew that was BS so I didn't say anything. I've followed up monthly with no updates and when I do, he offers up automatics when I told him I only want a manual. Last month, he said that it will now be a 23 model and likely not arrive in fall and that "my order is next for the dealer when they allotment is up."

I'm not sure what to believe from any Cadillac dealer because I reached out to a local dealer here in suburban Chicago who said he would inquire but has yet to respond dishing out more excuses.

It's not lost on me there are suppliers issues but there isn't a customer service shortage. If you don't have any information or can't help, just be upfront about what's going on.

If anyone has any information on current production in Lansing, orders placed as long ago as mine, or anything else, I'd love to hear about it.
I wanted to order from Suburban Plymouth as they are less than 2 miles from my house, but after continual lack of response from the sales team, I went elsewhere. I also had poor responses from a couple other metro Detroit Cadillac dealers I approached. I ended up ordering my car through Cadillac of Novi and so far so good. I can't comment about delivery experience as my car is currently at "MP" like so many others.

I wanted to order from Suburban Plymouth as they are less than 2 miles from my house, but after continual lack of response from the sales team, I went elsewhere. I also had poor responses from a couple other metro Detroit Cadillac dealers I approached. I ended up ordering my car through Cadillac of Novi and so far so good. I can't comment about delivery experience as my car is currently at "MP" like so many others.
That was going to be my other choice but thought Suburban of Plymouth was a higher volume dealer which it's not. How long ago was yours placed?

Funny, I ended up having the opposite experience. I'm right by Cadillac of Novi and they wouldn't give me the time of day. They couldn't even tell me what their ADM would be. I went down to Suburban of Plymouth and was told I could place an order at MSRP and no dealer add-ons. The order was picked up relatively quick and got an allocation near the front of MY23.

Funny, I ended up having the opposite experience. I'm right by Cadillac of Novi and they wouldn't give me the time of day. They couldn't even tell me what their ADM would be. I went down to Suburban of Plymouth and was told I could place an order at MSRP and no dealer add-ons. The order was picked up relatively quick and got an allocation near the front of MY23.
@Ruuf has your car been delivered yet?

I just ordered my CT4 BW track edition in late August and confirmed by GM. I know I need my VIN to register to go to Spring Mountain, but do I need to take delivery before I register?
Yes. Additionally, are you saying that you're past 1100 status for a track Edition? If so, which model?

Your issue appears to one of allocation not production.

All orders have been checked and updated accordingly.

Looks like I reached 3400 with a TPW of 10/10. Hopefully I can have my car this year, even if it gets here just in time for winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop