Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

EV Thoughts Thread: cause the old farts did their usual thing

M2Cto4BW

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4V Blackwing
Not just for the drivers - which is a given - but the amount and variety of rando's giving me the thumbs up or wanting to have a chat about the car is something else, especially in quite a short time of ownership.
It started 175 miles in with a guy in the Nevada high plains saying 'beautiful car' outside a coffee shop, to a guy on a bike who's ordering a 5BW rolling up in a park where I was giving the car a break after a couple canyon runs, a kid in a Veloster N honking and waving at the lights (was still pre-breaking, so no drag race lol), to a bunch of folks at various gas stations, which let's face it is a BW's home away from home.

The M2 Comp would be clocked by pistonheads/gearheads, but to most folks it was just another 2 series, albeit a wide body, with huge grills, and a cow udder exhaust. The 4BW definitely seems to have more cross over appeal.

You folks having the occasional John Q Public wander up for a gawk or a chat?

I find the Blackwing much more under the radar than any BMW, and that is one of my favorite qualities. Some on this forum have complained about a lack of identifying labels saying "Blackwing" on the car. I instead love it. Only a real enthusiast will know what is.

I find the Blackwing much more under the radar than any BMW, and that is one of my favorite qualities. Some on this forum have complained about a lack of identifying labels saying "Blackwing" on the car. I instead love it. Only a real enthusiast will know what is.
Interesting. Yeah that's one of the reasons I started the thread, as I think the M2C/M2CS are special end of an era type cars, but still kind of Q cars, and I figured the 4BW is on that spectrum in that only car guys would really notice it.
Could just be coincidental and I am running into lots of car guys or more likely that I racked up 2k miles in a month, so I'm just out and about more in a concentrated period of time than I otherwise would, so it seems more than it is.

I was next to a Telsa driving slow in traffic in 2nd gear. Exhaust was full open as that is the only way I run it. After about 8 seconds he rolled his window up, priceless.
Might not have been quite as priceless had the Tesla driver decided to step on it and leave you in the dust!

Remember... it is only to be said with a whisper. blackwing
Ha!

Hey is that a...
No mate, don't know what you're on about. Standard CT4. It's actual a lease via work, would rather have an Accord TBH.
But those exhau...
Sorry mate, is that your kid picking up that half-eaten sandwich?
Oh he does that yes. Are those bucket sea...
No no, listen I have to run, drive safe.

I call this car, like my V3 before it, the ultimate *ock magnet! If I were gay, this car would be the perfect wingman as dudes want to compliment or chat about the car at the gas station, driving through the parking lot, etc. Only had one woman comment on these cars in the past 5 years!(excluding my wife)

Remember... it is only to be said with a whisper. blackwing
1660151862188.png

Same same!

I call this car, like my V3 before it, the ultimate *ock magnet! If I were gay, this car would be the perfect wingman as dudes want to compliment or chat about the car at the gas station, driving through the parking lot, etc. Only had one woman comment on these cars in the past 5 years!(excluding my wife)
I had this exact same phenomenon with my 1966 GTO. Dudes were all over me. Honking on the highway, yelling and waving at me in traffic, running up to the car at stop lights. No chicks.

rolling.JPG

I actually love the idea that the car is so stealth and understated (no CF on my car).... nobody pays attention here...every once in a while someone will do a double take when they hear it or see the wheels and brakes.
That's exactly what I'm looking for, stealth until I press play...

I like the fact that only people who know the car will notice the car. Had a couple occasions where people came flying up behind me, slowed down alongside me to gawk a little, then took off. Easy to keep up (modified Q50 in one case, modified BMW 3 series in another case). :)

So I owned 3 Lotus before this car. Lotus are super rare, especially where I live, and to your average person look exotic, so they always got a lot of attention. Sometimes to a point where it got annoying. Walking out to my car and people standing around it. People constantly asking how fast it was, how much it cost, etc. Occasionally you would get someone who knew what it was and actually have good conversation.

So when I decided to get this car part of me was a little relieved that it wouldn't get any attention. I was actually wrong. While it doesn't get as much attention that the Lotii did, it has gotten more way more attention than I expected. The good part is since to your average person it looks like just a Cadillac it filters out a lot of the negative interactions. So its mainly only people who know what it is. Really as it currently stands, the Blackwings are pretty rare cars, granted the models they are based from aren't. However for someone who knows what they are looking for they will get their attention for sure.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners