Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that I found a BW4 with my VIN #, except it had one digit difference to signify a manual transmission. That one digit difference makes it a different VIN #.
Maybe Rob knows if that is correct ?
Correct. No two VINs can be exactly the same.

@Rob so what passes for normal here in goat land when they miss the TPW?

I would have thought you don't get to 3400 without the majority of the parts to build a roller ready. Is there a new constraint that would cause it to halt there?
There's nothing normal here in Goad land. :chuckle

Tongue Goat GIF

Don't worry, it's not just Cadillac... I ordered a truck from GMC and its been in 1100 status for a while now and based on my dealers input, it probably will not change for at least another month at a minimum.

I've been following the tracker pretty closely for the last few months and I have only seen TPW get missed a few times, and when it has, the car has been built the next week. I bet your car gets built this week.
Same thing happened to mine. It missed the first TWP but was built 10 days later. But the worse part is that it's been on delayed status since then.

Most recently, cars have been showing up at dealerships while still in 4B00 status. At least the 4's have. Trust me, I have been watching. :ninja:
Agreed. My 5BW showed up at the dealer while showing 4B00. Good Luck!!

I saw an interesting video that showed the CEO of Ford is not happy with Ford dealerships and their huge markups. They sent warning about limiting allotments and they were basically ignored. The dealerships are protected by federal laws and can pretty much do whatever they want, since you can't buy factory direct. Ford is now going to split their production factories in two. One being ICE vehicles and the other being EV's. They will try and emulate Tesla and how they sell their EV's in what they call "galleries" instead of "dealerships". GM will be watching. I hope to see alot of dealerships become a Trader Joes.

I saw an interesting video that showed the CEO of Ford is not happy with Ford dealerships and their huge markups. They sent warning about limiting allotments and they were basically ignored. The dealerships are protected by federal laws and can pretty much do whatever they want, since you can't buy factory direct. Ford is now going to split their production factories in two. One being ICE vehicles and the other being EV's. They will try and emulate Tesla and how they sell their EV's in what they call "galleries" instead of "dealerships". GM will be watching. I hope to see alot of dealerships become a Trader Joes.

It's worse than that. I monitor the Bronco forums. It's not just the mark-ups. Even worse is dealers selling ordered/reserved vehicles out from under the person who ordered the vehicle. Sometimes this happens when a dealer springs ADM on the buyer at the last minute. But other times the buyer doesn't even get that option, from what I read.

A "reservation" at Ford means NOTHING. Ford sends e-mail updates, even pictures from the end of the assembly line for "your" Bronco ... and then your dealer just sells it to someone else. Then, months later, Sirius XM calls these people to extend their trial period for a vehicle they never received.

Two recent examples:

Another example: Ford offered "price protection" for early Bronco reservation holders. Meaning, if your order got pushed back you wouldn't have to pay price increases along the way. In my case, there was a $975 price increase early 2022 and a second $1500 price increase later in 2022. The $975 price increase was applied at the time of purchase. But my dealer said the $1500 would have to be mailed to me later. Why? Maybe I'm cynical, but I subscribe to the theory that shady dealers were just pocketing the price protection on reserved Broncos and selling to someone else. In order to get the second round of price protection Ford needed to see a name match, buyer name matched reservation name, only verified after purchase and registration.

I was lucky, I dealt with a very straightforward dealer (Serramonte Ford, near San Francisco). Bought at agreed upon price. Great communications. All discounts honored.

Next battle Ford will face is whether to extend price protection out to 3-4 years. Why? Because some reservations holders from Day 1 and Day 2 reservations still don't have Broncos. Why? Because many people switched to honest dealers but Ford won't change dealership allocations to match those moved orders. Ford would rather reward larger (typically) dealers with stock inventory Broncos than fulfill reservations roughly in order.

It's a mess over there.

It's worse than that. I monitor the Bronco forums. It's not just the mark-ups. Even worse is dealers selling ordered/reserved vehicles out from under the person who ordered the vehicle. Sometimes this happens when a dealer springs ADM on the buyer at the last minute. But other times the buyer doesn't even get that option, from what I read.

A "reservation" at Ford means NOTHING. Ford sends e-mail updates, even pictures from the end of the assembly line for "your" Bronco ... and then your dealer just sells it to someone else. Then, months later, Sirius XM calls these people to extend their trial period for a vehicle they never received.

Two recent examples:

Another example: Ford offered "price protection" for early Bronco reservation holders. Meaning, if your order got pushed back you wouldn't have to pay price increases along the way. In my case, there was a $975 price increase early 2022 and a second $1500 price increase later in 2022. The $975 price increase was applied at the time of purchase. But my dealer said the $1500 would have to be mailed to me later. Why? Maybe I'm cynical, but I subscribe to the theory that shady dealers were just pocketing the price protection on reserved Broncos and selling to someone else. In order to get the second round of price protection Ford needed to see a name match, buyer name matched reservation name, only verified after purchase and registration.

I was lucky, I dealt with a very straightforward dealer (Serramonte Ford, near San Francisco). Bought at agreed upon price. Great communications. All discounts honored.

Next battle Ford will face is whether to extend price protection out to 3-4 years. Why? Because some reservations holders from Day 1 and Day 2 reservations still don't have Broncos. Why? Because many people switched to honest dealers but Ford won't change dealership allocations to match those moved orders. Ford would rather reward larger (typically) dealers with stock inventory Broncos than fulfill reservations roughly in order.

It's a mess over there.
All that for an engine that blows up? Sounds like Ford to me...........

All orders have been checked and updated accordingly.

That's 11 members that went to 3800 in the last 3 days. Things are starting to ramp up, they were only doing 4 or 5 cars a week for most of the last few months...

Getting your hopes up is exactly what the goats want you to do...
Mine went to 3800 last week. The chat bot says it is waiting on shipping and my dealer is the best source for additional detail. I haven't seen the dreaded MP come up although I don't have any CF on the build. Maybe I just need to wait for the goat drivers at Accelerated and Jack Cooper at this point, or maybe it will sit in the lot of doom for a few months. I'm very much trying not to get my hopes up....

Mine went to 3800 last week. The chat bot says it is waiting on shipping and my dealer is the best source for additional detail. I haven't seen the dreaded MP come up although I don't have any CF on the build. Maybe I just need to wait for the goat drivers at Accelerated and Jack Cooper at this point, or maybe it will sit in the lot of doom for a few months. I'm very much trying not to get my hopes up....
Based on my following of recent progress, you likely won't see a change in status for at least a month.

I should add that your status in Rob's tracker will stay at 3800 until you switch to 4300 or 4D00. Your dealer will likely see 4000 or 4150 soon.

I will also add that now is the time when the info given to Rob becomes notoriously unreliable. You can pretty much ignore the EDD field, unless it switches to MP. If you do get a date in the EDD field that is a good thing, but history has shown that cars can arrive anywhere between a month before to a few weeks after that date.

The best status you can see (other than 5000) is 4200- that means that delivery to your dealer is imminent (usually less than a week), though many cars have also arrived at dealers while still showing 4B00.

Last edited:
All orders have been checked and updated accordingly.
Still 17 5bW with MP status (including mine). I wonder what's the difference between these and the ones that are being delivered.

All that for an engine that blows up? Sounds like Ford to me...........

Technically, it's the 2.7 liter V-6 that's blowing up. Not the 2.3 liter four (which I bought, because that's the only way to get a manual transmission). At least not yet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop