Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Just emailed Keri at accelerated with my VIN, she responded in 30 mins and was super helpful. They should be teaching cadillac about customer service.
Did your vehcile have an EDD? Mine still has MP EDD so not sure it is worth bothering them yet.

Did your vehcile have an EDD? Mine still has MP EDD so not sure it is worth bothering them yet.
Looks like Robs tracker had 8/18 EDD for @Cap Brannigan with event code of 4D00.

I emailed Keri this past week for first time. Was told car is assigned to Jack Cooper to move from factory to shippable lot and then Accelerated should get it. Just awesome customer service from Keri and team!

Yeap still says 8/18. Now just need my sales guy to call me back sooner so i can tell them to not install a front plate when they get it.

Yeap still says 8/18. Now just need my sales guy to call me back sooner so i can tell them to not install a front plate when they get it.
Don't wait... call them first. The delivery for these cars is so unpredictable that it could show up at anytime and your sales guy (through no fault of their own) may not even be aware.

Need some opinions everyone:
Ordered my 5VBW Jan 3, 2022 : M6, Shadow metallic, White Interior, low option car around $90,500 MSRP. Been waiting with zero movement, and was bumped last month to 2023. My dealer is a smaller dealer with very limited allocations (they only delivered 1 5VBW in 2022). I am next in line for allocations.
They called me Friday with a 2022 5vBW that a customer backed out of because it was damaged in shipping or sitting on the lot (see Pics, both Drivers door/behind driver passenger door damaged circled in yellow, didn't see much else damaged but it was dirty so couldn't tell). They are of course going to repair/repaint doors and do their best to match.
This vehicle is a '22 Black raven on black interior, with CF1/CF2 packages 102,000 MSRP. They gave me 1st right of refusal on this car at MSRP. I have dealt with this dealer many times and they have always been honest/ treated me fairly. And they were ethical enough to disclose the damage.

What does everyone think? Risky because of damage (apparently won't show up on Carfax and de-value the car, I would of course tell a potential buyer however). Worth it because of the price increase for 2023? I was not planning on CF/the added packages but nothing is a deal killer. Let me know what you all think, appreciate any feedback

Attachments

• BW1.jpg
    BW1.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 158
  • BW2.jpg
    BW2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 144
  • BW4.jpg
    BW4.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 140
  • BW5.jpg
    BW5.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 156
Need some opinions everyone:
Ordered my 5VBW Jan 3, 2022 : M6, Shadow metallic, White Interior, low option car around $90,500 MSRP. Been waiting with zero movement, and was bumped last month to 2023. My dealer is a smaller dealer with very limited allocations (they only delivered 1 5VBW in 2022). I am next in line for allocations.
They called me Friday with a 2022 5vBW that a customer backed out of because it was damaged in shipping or sitting on the lot (see Pics, both Drivers door/behind driver passenger door damaged circled in yellow, didn't see much else damaged but it was dirty so couldn't tell). They are of course going to repair/repaint doors and do their best to match.
This vehicle is a '22 Black raven on black interior, with CF1/CF2 packages 102,000 MSRP. They gave me 1st right of refusal on this car at MSRP. I have dealt with this dealer many times and they have always been honest/ treated me fairly. And they were ethical enough to disclose the damage.

What does everyone think? Risky because of damage (apparently won't show up on Carfax and de-value the car, I would of course tell a potential buyer however). Worth it because of the price increase for 2023? I was not planning on CF/the added packages but nothing is a deal killer. Let me know what you all think, appreciate any feedback

I'd go for it if I were you. Bird in hand.

Shadow Metallic is not available for MY 2023 so you will need to consider another exterior color. In addition with 2023 MY price increase you are starting to approach the MRSP on this vehicle. I would go for it as it well

Agreed with others. I also purposely didn't get the CF packages before I even knew about the constraints and now really only interested in the black spoiler (car looks off without it). But if the price of the new 2023 without CF is nearly the price of the 2022 with CF 1 and 2, then it's really a no brainer. A manual car with CF1 and 2 is pretty rare for production these days especially as cadillac seems to be hording them all for special editions.

Often times cars are damaged during transit and the dealer fixes it without ever disclosing it if the damage I believe is less than 3k.

The only potential hang up is the color. If you don't mind a black car then I'd definitely say go for it.

I also wonder how much the original buyer backing out is due to the damage and how much is due to interest rates rising and investments falling. Everyone's toy fund is a bit (or alot) smaller.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I will wait until the repairs are made. I likely won't see my order any time soon and I don't mind black (although I have 2 other black cars and they're a PITA to keep clean).
I agree on the IR rising/ investments depleting.... I feel this will start happening on a lot of people's orders in coming months.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I will wait until the repairs are made. I likely won't see my order any time soon and I don't mind black (although I have 2 other black cars and they're a PITA to keep clean).
I agree on the IR rising/ investments depleting.... I feel this will start happening on a lot of people's orders in coming months.
Sounds like it’s worth inspecting and if all is well, pull the trigger and save $ compared with the 23’s

I also agree. As long as the body repairs are "perfect", you will be saving a ton of money and getting alot more in return. Especially if you are an owner who will eventually sell the car a few years down the road.

Given what we know about paint defects on our BWs, I would not be at all concerned with a repaint or repair such as this. For starters, its going to be off the books and not reported to Carfax.

IMO, passing on this car was a bonehead move as there are zero guarantees the car you end up waiting for won't have paint defects. You know you like black, but you don't know what Midnight Steel Metallic will look like.

Since the shop is in the process of repairs, it might be advantageous of you to request they correct any other paint defects at that time.

You're super lucky to have found this one with CF1&2. When it's all said and done it will probably look amazing!

Just be sure to PPF or ceramic well after the paint has cured properly.

IMO, passing on this car was a bonehead move as there are zero guarantees the car you end up waiting for won't have paint defects. You know you like black, but you don't know what Midnight Steel Metallic will look like.

I don't know if the original purchaser is on here and could shed some light on this, but I honestly suspect there is more to it than just paint damage.

It's easier to say to the dealer, and others (and yourself) that the reason why you are passing on a 100k car that you specced is paint damage rather than that your financial situation isn't as strong as it was when you ordered the car.

But honestly I don't blame anyone that realizes buying a 100k car isn't a good financial decision, because it often isn't. Better to realize that now than later when you cannot afford the payments. I think we all went a little crazy with people paying mark ups on Broncos and F150 lightnings and even Tellurides. Lines for any remotely desirable car stretching months or even years. Maybe the market is finally coming back down to normal.

Given what we know about paint defects on our BWs, I would not be at all concerned with a repaint or repair such as this. For starters, its going to be off the books and not reported to Carfax.

Since the shop is in the process of repairs, it might be advantageous of you to request they correct any other paint defects at that time.

100% agree with this. Likely that a new car will also have defects. Definitely ask for other defects to be corrected. I'm stunned at the condition of the paint on my car--not in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop