Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
This was a great lunch time read!!! @Rob if I've pissed you off lately please forgive me, but I stand with you! I know, I know, but Goat ass Tall Steve you have your cars so shut up...... If I was waiting on a pacemaker I would be a little worried but we are just talking about a car..... Roast away, tell me to eat a bag of goat dongs, I don't care!

I manage a very large estate in Dallas for a very wealthy family and even they understand supply chain issues and don't jump on me when I cant make something happen immediately because I cant purchase something... Oh well, carry on!

TLDR: we are lucky to even be in the market to try and buy these cars... but if you can't wait (I'm at 9 and 1/2 months and counting on my 5BW), then that is ok if you have to move on and choose something else for whatever the reason. Yes, we are used to getting what we want when we shell out crazy amounts of money like this, but regardless of how things have always been/used to be... they just are not like that under the current conditions for whatever reason that may be and while we all need to vent from time to time (read my rant below because it's my time to vent)...pissing and moaning and blaming and shaming are not productive and if anything inflame emotions unnecessarily.

If the TLDR was that long, then I'd be scared about the length of what's below:
I own my own business with an outstanding local reputation that just celebrated 55 years May 1st (actually we haven't celebrated or even brought it up yet... simply because I haven't had the time and would prefer to do it right). We currently have around 40 employees... and for the first time ever we have been unable to perform (due to similar reasons that Rob stated above) to our highest standards. At times we simply have not been able to service our clients' needs and when we do it may not be to our own lofty standards that they have come to expect. (We are not failing as a business, but we are not performing as efficiently as typical for us and our growth has been more limited due to this)
We try to look after everybody, but recently it's come to the point where I've had to fire more clients due to treating my staff poorly, while also I've had clients leave me because we are unable to meet their expectations. It kills me on both ends...yet we just do not have enough hours in the day to talk to every client to explain to them everything that we are dealing with... and I'm not going to do that here, but can assure you that unless you are directly involved you just don't know what you don't know. (We do discuss being empathetic and giving them an idea of what's going on when able... but most of the time that leads to longer and longer time spent that becomes unproductive and without resolution... and then it's expected to be repeated with the same/different clients over and over)
We try to be 100% transparent with everybody (but the truth is I don't have a lot of solutions at the moment that would satisfy my clients... including ETD's of service/production that are acceptable to them). Instead I use my limited resources to try to proactively work towards getting back to the level of service and production that have defined us for the past 5+ decades.
What I can say is that it is all- consuming and affects my personal life and family and nights and mornings and weekends.
I and my staff are not perfect and there are always situations where you wish you had the benefit of hindsight, but right now I have to protect my staff with all my being unless I find/feel that they are being malicious, immoral, or illegal with respect to our business/clients... which is not the case. So yes at times when clients feel as though I'm choosing my people over them...they are correct.
I'll finish with 2 credo that I am currently espousing:
1. Just do your best and be ok with that because that's all you can do.
2. Let assholes be assholes, but don't be an asshole (yourself).

This is not personally directed at anybody on this site in particular, but I know a lot of business owners from various industries that are in the same boat right now (each one dealing with similar yet different 'constraints') and just because we don't have the answers it doesn't mean we are being complacent, not using/seeking available resources, not thinking outside the box. Also, personally my business is still productive and successful and many of our clients still tell us how impressed they are with how we are navigating the current environment... but the clients we can't help still eats away at us due to our caring/efforts especially when we are unsuccessful/not as high level as we are accustomed to.

And for all of those businesses not having issues and all of those customers that are getting what they want... good for you, I'm genuinely happy for you.

I think I need a drink and then a nap... oh wait I have to go in to work because I'm working the closing shift today.
<end rant>
Thanks for letting me get that off my chest...I plan on going back to having fun and busting chops while occasionally providing some hopefully useful info.
As you know, my wife is in the same business as you and they are having all of the same issues. I think a 40-employee business is a really tough size- big enough to have big business problems, but not big enough to devote, say, a person full time to addressing customer service issues, or any other non-production related issues that come up. That leaves it to you as the owner to handle, while still running the mission-critical aspects at the same time. Which is why you perpetually need a drink and a nap.

My wife's company is a bit bigger, 350 people, so they can throw more resources at things like client service, but are still faced with some of the same issues you bring up. When you reach the scale of GM, however, you have entire teams of people to try to plan for and avoid problems like this in the first place, and address them when they come up. I am sure things are being done to improve customer experience and logistics behind the scenes, but car companies are notoriously opaque about such matters...I can't wait to read Mary Barra's autobiography some day and hopefully get the rose-colored inside story on WTF happened in 2021-2022.

If the TLDR was that long, then I'd be scared about the length of what's below:
I own my own business with an outstanding local reputation that just celebrated 55 years May 1st (actually we haven't celebrated or even brought it up yet... simply because I haven't had the time and would prefer to do it right). We currently have around 40 employees... and for the first time ever we have been unable to perform (due to similar reasons that Rob stated above) to our highest standards. At times we simply have not been able to service our clients' needs and when we do it may not be to our own lofty standards that they have come to expect. (We are not failing as a business, but we are not performing as efficiently as typical for us and our growth has been more limited due to this)
We try to look after everybody, but recently it's come to the point where I've had to fire more clients due to treating my staff poorly, while also I've had clients leave me because we are unable to meet their expectations. It kills me on both ends...yet we just do not have enough hours in the day to talk to every client to explain to them everything that we are dealing with... and I'm not going to do that here, but can assure you that unless you are directly involved you just don't know what you don't know. (We do discuss being empathetic and giving them an idea of what's going on when able... but most of the time that leads to longer and longer time spent that becomes unproductive and without resolution... and then it's expected to be repeated with the same/different clients over and over)
We try to be 100% transparent with everybody (but the truth is I don't have a lot of solutions at the moment that would satisfy my clients... including ETD's of service/production that are acceptable to them). Instead I use my limited resources to try to proactively work towards getting back to the level of service and production that have defined us for the past 5+ decades.

What I can say is that it is all- consuming and affects my personal life and family and nights and mornings and weekends.
I and my staff are not perfect and there are always situations where you wish you had the benefit of hindsight, but right now I have to protect my staff with all my being unless I find/feel that they are being malicious, immoral, or illegal with respect to our business/clients... which is not the case. So yes at times when clients feel as though I'm choosing my people over them...they are correct.
I'll finish with 2 credo that I am currently espousing:
1. Just do your best and be ok with that because that's all you can do.
2. Let assholes be assholes, but don't be an asshole (yourself).

This is not personally directed at anybody on this site in particular, but I know a lot of business owners from various industries that are in the same boat right now (each one dealing with similar yet different 'constraints') and just because we don't have the answers it doesn't mean we are being complacent, not using/seeking available resources, not thinking outside the box. Also, personally my business is still productive and successful and many of our clients still tell us how impressed they are with how we are navigating the current environment... but the clients we can't help still eats away at us due to our caring/efforts especially when we are unsuccessful/not as high level as we are accustomed to.

And for all of those businesses not having issues and all of those customers that are getting what they want... good for you, I'm genuinely happy for you.
Well said. Exactly what we are doing in our Honda motorcycle store (24 employees) and exactly how it all effects me personally when I/we cannot hold up our end getting our products to our good customers as well as we always have. And yes, assholes will be assholes and we just hope they find a different dealer to be an asshole to. Because we will not put up with them in our store.

It looks like the Jack Cooper website is no longer available to the public. GM is still using them as their primary shipping company, they just had to hire another company to get their backlog of cars down. Mine was on a Accelerated Services Truck when it got delivered.

This is a glimpse of how big companies operate, in my experience. They figure things out months/years too late. Reactive, not proactive. Putting out fires is more visible, and more rewarded, than preventing the fires in the first place.

In this case: Why so long to hire another company to help (if that is, in fact, what happened)? Why not explore a way to offer "factory pickup", even if it just means prep and pickup from a dealer in Lansing?

What is the point of Cadillac support if they can’t answer questions with anything other than “your dealer is the best source for information “. And I’m not taking right now, I’m talking after four months of time to figure it out

🐐 rodeo update for philly bound cars. Just got off the phone with gm customer service. They moved up my edd from 6/9 to 6/7. Could they be finally coming to our region.
Good luck! Interesting that the tracker still has you at 3800. You should post in the Mid-Atlantic thread...

Right... I assume GM is equivalent to a small business that has 40 employees. They by no means have the resources to devote full time headcount to helping with customer communications. That might mean the CEO gets $1 million less on his bonus this year 😊
I hear you and am definitely not a GM lackey or big company apologist. I have friends that own businesses with less than 5 ppl up to a buddy who has been cfo of a 1/2 billion dollar company. Just saying that these days the variables have become exponential for all of us. Even if you think you have all the resources necessary, (these days) it is not always as easy as snapping your fingers and boom it's done. Trust me, we all wish it was.

What is the point of Cadillac support if they can’t answer questions with anything other than “your dealer is the best source for information “. And I’m not taking right now, I’m talking after four months of time to figure it out
I hear they are giving out hugs now🤣
download (12).jpeg

Last edited:
I
This is a glimpse of how big companies operate, in my experience. They figure things out months/years too late. Reactive, not proactive. Putting out fires is more visible, and more rewarded, than preventing the fires in the first place.

In this case: Why so long to hire another company to help (if that is, in fact, what happened)? Why not explore a way to offer "factory pickup", even if it just means prep and pickup from a dealer in Lansing?
I agree with the sentiment that some have so many levels that it's like getting an air craft carrier to make a u-turn... but that (typically) helps them in other ways (e.g. volume, many different product lines)...
I also believe that many of them (like us) thought that the issues seen these past couple of years were going to be more transient and just be a blip on the timeline... whereas they seem to not only persist, but to compound and worsen.
Hopefully they do now become more proactive rather than reactive... but they are used to looking at the most macro levels possible and typically are answering to stockholders or the like... that traditionally have put high profits/ low costs above all else.

In my experience working for fortune 100 companies, it's much more difficult to steer the ship in a different course then a smaller/newer business. It takes time to implement improvements, in some cases so long the solution is no longer relevant. Changes to one area have ripple effects to so many other departments, you cannot possibly calculate impact to every angle. The implications and cost of making the wrong decision can cause alot of collateral damage. Layoffs and shutdowns are causes of poor decision making.

We cannot compare a startup company like Tesla to a legacy company like GM. There are no rules, no legacy processes to consider, no expectations of how things are done. On the surface, these companies should and do operate in the same fashion. The reality is they deal with completely different constraints from a business operating perspective and have there own unique obligations.

We don't have line of sight as to why things are the way they are and even if we did it wouldn't make any difference. We all need to sit tight and focus on what we can control.

Gm chat has me at 4300. Don’t know why I’m 3800 here
Because, I've been swamped in work, and haven't had time to update the tracker here

Rob if I were you I would move everyone to 5000 in the tracker and be done with it!!
People are contacting me privately telling me their cars have arrived at their dealers this morning, but their orders still show 4D00 - DELAYED.

Because, I've been swamped in work, and haven't had time to update the tracker here
But if the EDD is really 6/6 (next week) then the 5/31 update should definitely have had him at 4XXX. My personal opinion is that 90% of the information GM provides after 3800 is meaningless.

Again, as you said earlier, none of it really matters, nor does it alter the outcome. All there is to do is wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop