Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Agreed, there will be some orders not filled before production ends. That’s a realistic expectation going in. As time goes by if I find another car I’m interested in I could well retire early from the rodeo business.
I have a general question for this thread: I'm at 3000, TPW is 5/30. How many days prior to the TPW date should I expect the code to change to 3100 i.e. showing some progress? Thanks!

The 2022's were also supposed to. If a car is sitting in a lot of doom for months, why bother with the enclosed?
Exactly. GMs vision was that they would be pumping out BWs so fast they would roll right from the factory into the enclosed trailer. They clearly know this has been an issue for 6 months so why would they even offer such an option is beyond me.

Seems unrealistic but maybe they have a special indoor/covered lot for the $7k XES package🤷🏻?
Maybe someone at a dealer could shed some light on what's included in the XES white glove "treatment" and why this would be beneficial given the circumstances of delayed builds?

There’s no way the dealers have any pull with the factory on the issue. Plant managers and engineers cars are getting held up like the rest of ours. Plus we have way too many die hard enthusiasts that work at dealers…if they could do anything they would. I know for a fact my my sales rep would go pick the damn car up from Lansing if she could. It’s not a dealer issue, it’s a production/logistics issue.

I have a general question for this thread: I'm at 3000, TPW is 5/30. How many days prior to the TPW date should I expect the code to change to 3100 i.e. showing some progress? Thanks!
Pretty sure mine skipped from 3000 to 3400. If it was any status in-between it was for a very short period of time. I don't know if I have ever seen a 3100 or 3300 on Rob's list.

I think mine was 3400 for at least a month before my TPW and my car didn't turn to 3800 until 2 weeks after the TPW, but to be fair the factory was shut down that first week after my TPW.

The major status sequence I have seen the most is 1100 -> 2000 -> 3000 -> 3400 -> 3800 -> 4000 -> 4B00/4D00/4300 (bouncing around between these) -> 4200 -> 4800 (if train shipped) -> 5000.

My bet is slower...for sure.
I probably should have clarified what I meant. Slower in general due to needing a full carrier and depending on where they are going, in normal times. What I meant was, the way they are sitting in the parking lot of doom, it might be faster.

More.... They could do more lol
I was with my sales guy yesterday to buy my wife's CT4.

He feels helpless and powerless. He checks the VinView EVERY day and has reached out to the regional rep for more info and updates. None of us know anything more to do than he already has.

I flexed the only muscle I knew how to as a GM employee and asked internally for help and info this week. I got more insight than anything else I had in weeks. But still no one can say WHEN I will get my car. I made it as far as talking to the manager of the Lansing plant/operations/logistics. I was informed my car was only held up for one week due to QC issues that were remedied. Its not waiting on any parts. Its just shipping at this point.

Dealer said today, for all of us being pushed to 2023, that they are dropping Shadow Metallic and replacing with a new darker similar grey. Anyone else hear this? Any other feedback on options (seats, wheels etc..) that have changed?
My 2023 order was "supposedly" placed today, is that even possible yet?

I was with my sales guy yesterday to buy my wife's CT4.

He feels helpless and powerless. He checks the VinView EVERY day and has reached out to the regional rep for more info and updates. None of us know anything more to do than he already has.

I flexed the only muscle I knew how to as a GM employee and asked internally for help and info this week. I got more insight than anything else I had in weeks. But still no one can say WHEN I will get my car. I made it as far as talking to the manager of the Lansing plant/operations/logistics. I was informed my car was only held up for one week due to QC issues that were remedied. Its not waiting on any parts. Its just shipping at this point.
Interesting. Did you get a sense that your car being held up for QC issues was a common thing? Was that described as being out of the ordinary? Can you please post his/her phone number publicly? :D

Rob- Just received my 2023 order # : BRBT9N, can you please add it-

NVM. Sorry Rob. Just read your alert. We appreciate all you do

Last edited:
Dealer said today, for all of us being pushed to 2023, that they are dropping Shadow Metallic and replacing with a new darker similar grey. Anyone else hear this? Any other feedback on options (seats, wheels etc..) that have changed?
My 2023 order was "supposedly" placed today, is that even possible yet?

Yup, the new colors for 23 are Radiant Red Tintcoat, Maverick Noir Frost, Argent Silver Metallic, and Midnight Steel Metallic. Check out the 2023 Order Guides thread for more of the changes. No real major changes.

My sales advisor just told me that ALL cars held at the plant/autoport are on indefinite hold with no ETA. "The location and its surroundings are currently congested at this time".

60v2s4z7xf061.jpg

I'm not in a hurry - I think I'm just going to forget about this for a bit and get a nice surprise when I receive the call in a month or two.

However, if I put a tin foil hat on, it's interesting that the Jack Cooper tracker went dark and now nothing is being delivered out of the plant for the foreseeable future...

Interesting. Did you get a sense that your car being held up for QC issues was a common thing? Was that described as being out of the ordinary? Can you please post his/her phone number publicly? :D
LOL

No, I am not joepardizing my job or good standing. We all have some perks specific to our job, I had one here lol.

It was indicated that nothing about my car is out of typical for any car sitting and waiting at AutoSport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop