Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Aww I was hoping you might have a bead on the other Sewell Sites. My salesman isn't in touch I don't think.

I doubt there's another salesman worldwide as in touch as I am with the V-Series.... I owned V's before I even stepped into the industry.... It's pretty how much I ended up where I am at... It's a lot easier to sell a product you are truly passionate about...

The goats must have had a hand in the monroney's spell check function. The steering wheel has carbon fiber & alloy peddles (sic).

View attachment 7751
FOR YEARS, GM spelled "gauge" as "gage."

While teeeeechnically "gage" can be correct, it is very uncommon. I'm convinced some tech pub intern spelled it that way back in the day, and it just stayed that way until a few years ago, when it mysteriously changed to "gauge" in all of GMs manuals.

OEM Carbon Fiber - Engineered and wind tunnel tested for increased down force.

Aftermarket Carbon Fiber - I'm unaware of any aftermarket manufacturer who goes to the expense of wind tunnel testing. Please advise if you're aware of any. So, best case it's cosmetic only and worse case, it's detrimental to the car's aerodynamics.

So, best case it's cosmetic only
I mean, to be fair, that's probably the case with 95% of the people getting OEM carbon as well. Few people will drive the car at its limits where the aero will do much, if anything.

I’m with you brother, my “stripped” down 5 BW gets built next week. It will be an awesome ride!
ok heres the fun part
were you aware that you will be getting a car w out the heat/cooled seats and heated steering wheel??? bc i was not, just noticed that when i rebuilt the car to make sure i wasnt missing anything... turns our all cars made after 14march are coming w out those options and then will be retrofitted w the chips when they come... whenever that is, i reckon im going back to my original order... i dont want the butchers at the dealership tearing my car apart to put the chips in, i only say that bc i hv no idea where the chips are actually located on the car
also, the dealer and salesman made absolutely no mention of this at all to me... so i was about to order a car and receive a car w out more options that i expected to get... whatelse are the cars going to be missing by the time we get them?

this is out of fkn control... fkn pisspoor customer relations/service the way i see it

I don't know. I have a different take. The world is a crazy place and supply chains are messed up. I originally placed my order for a 4BW in December, switched to a 5BW in January and am trying to wait patiently. I saw the constraints on heated steering wheels and seats in December. They said they are all going to be retrofit. That wasn't a surprise to me as I was looking at the website.

I'm checking with my dealer once a month. It makes me feels better. I doubt he has an update when I email him. If he did, he would let me know. It seems like parts are on constraints everywhere and all car manufacturers cannot produce enough vehicles to fill their dealers lots. Hopefully the supply chain fixes itself in the near term. While a call from the dealer would be nice every now and then, however if they don't have updates it doesn't really serve any purpose... My two cents.

My question is if the heated seats chips are installed, say one year after car delivery, does the warranty on those features start at that time?
Doubt it personally although the argument could be made that you hadn't had it for the time allowed. Fact is, they look for any reason to deny a warranty claim if possible. I always understood stealerships made the most money on warranty work so why they'd want to deny a claim makes zero sense.

im just more concerned about having a butcher pull my
I don't know. I have a different take. The world is a crazy place and supply chains are messed up. I originally placed my order for a 4BW in December, switched to a 5BW in January and am trying to wait patiently. I saw the constraints on heated steering wheels and seats in December. They said they are all going to be retrofit. That wasn't a surprise to me as I was looking at the website.

I'm checking with my dealer once a month. It makes me feels better. I doubt he has an update when I email him. If he did, he would let me know. It seems like parts are on constraints everywhere and all car manufacturers cannot produce enough vehicles to fill their dealers lots. Hopefully the supply chain fixes itself in the near term. While a call from the dealer would be nice every now and then, however if they don't have updates it doesn't really serve any purpose... My two cents.
im just more concerned at the butchers at the dealership taking my care apart to add the necessary chips...
scratching my car, not putting things back together correctly so the fit and finish doesnt look the same, have the creeks and rattles of a car that isnt put together right or not done all at the same time...

theres just a lot that could go wrong... plus those guys arent going to care at all as the actual builders of the car... the dealership always hacks your car up

I thought the heated steering wheel and seat chip issue was for regular V and base CT5, not Blackwings???
i thought it was just the steering wheel, didnt realize it was the seats as well... my salesman told me that it would need to be retrofitted... i thght the same as you... that said, salesman DONT KNOW shit about the cars theyre selling, its embarrassing honestly... if i knew so little about my product and craft i wouldnt be able to come close to affording this car... i know more about a vast number of cars, they dont know anything about the one brand they sell... its pathetic

Most car salesmen I've met through life are there because its a job not because they love cars. As easy as it is to sell a car today, assuming you have inventory, I'd expect the quality to drop considerably.

Doubt it personally although the argument could be made that you hadn't had it for the time allowed. Fact is, they look for any reason to deny a warranty claim if possible. I always understood stealerships made the most money on warranty work so why they'd want to deny a claim makes zero sense.
Every tech at every dealership everywhere would completely disagree with this statement, "I always understood stealerships made the most money on warranty work".

Every tech at every dealership everywhere would completely disagree with this statement, "I always understood stealerships made the most money on warranty work".
Is that because said techs are hourly, not paid commission, or just fact the dealer doesn't win? Just curious as I've heard the warranty work pays best multiple times over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop