Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Interesting, thanks. I may go ahead and email my dealer and ask as it will probably take them a couple of days, and that's if they know about it.
So my dealer got back to me today and, if what he says is true is in fact true, the Cadillac/GM ordering system is even more shit than I thought. He told me that my car "is in production" and if I were to remove the CF package there would be no real difference. Note that according to both the chat bot and Rob I'm still a member of the 1100 club, so I can't imagine this is accurate. Plus if it was anything other than 1100 I didn't think I could change anything, right?
Maybe "in production" and 1100 are the same thing to them :cautious:

Jealous of the growing 3800 club while I have been kicked back to the 3100 curb. TPW started as 1/3 and now pushed to 2/21. Curious what's holding it up. I am blaze orange, CF1, mid-seats, manual, tech bronze wheels, parking package, PDR. Anyone from Jan builds who is now 3800 have these options on your cars?

I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for savagegeese, honestly. My last two cars were German, I wasn't even looking at GM.
Best I've seen on YouTube so far.

I really, really liked The Topher POV drive. I've probably watched it four times just living vicariously through him.
That was my second favorite lol. Turns out he is a buddy of my buddy. Small world.

So my dealer got back to me today and, if what he says is true is in fact true, the Cadillac/GM ordering system is even more shit than I thought. He told me that my car "is in production" and if I were to remove the CF package there would be no real difference. Note that according to both the chat bot and Rob I'm still a member of the 1100 club, so I can't imagine this is accurate. Plus if it was anything other than 1100 I didn't think I could change anything, right?
Yeah that’s strange. I put my order in on 8/23. My car was in the 1100 status until recently when my dealer contacted me and told me I would need to remove the CF to get the vehicle built in February. Everything my dealer has told me seems to be true thus far.

What dealership did you order through?

Perhaps, it’s your dealer and not the system in this case.

1100 is not "in production". 1100 is " order in system, but not picked up with allocation by GM yet"

I was told its not just one part but several parts and it changes DAILY....The parts thing is a nightmare for Cadillac right now.. They are working on it and said its going to get better...
I'll stick my neck out on a limb here and take a shot at shedding some light on this...

A month ago, Chevrolet dealers received notification that the engine appearance package for C8 Corvettes were no longer an option and dealers would have to modify orders with that option by removing it prior to placing with allocation if they wanted the orders accepted.

The engine appearance package is comprised of two lights inside the engine compartment as well as exposed carbon fiber covers over the two frame rail sections on either side of the engine.

The reason? The company that manufacturers those carbon fiber components was ceasing all carbon fiber production as part of their business model on January 31st - yesterday.

Exposed carbon fiber high wing spoilers for the C8 Corvette have been on a national constraint for at least a month now. Corvettes are being built - but the exposed carbon fiber high spoilers are an LPO - a dealer installed option shipped separately from the car. I'm not sure if orders going forward can be placed with the CF high wing spoiler as an option.

There are Corvettes sitting at dealers for nearly a month now still waiting for those spoilers as well as the other LPOs ordered with the cars.

A little background:

Vehicle Outfitters or "ADIs" is/are the main distributor of LPOs for GM...or at least Chevrolet...I would assume Cadillac as well....but I'm not sure. Vehicle Outfitters receives the LPOs directly from GM and then they ship them to the dealers. If a car is ordered with multiple LPOs (black lug nuts, custom luggage, splash guards and a high wing spoiler) and that high wing spoiler is on constraint or backorder - Vehicle Outfitters will hold on to those LPOs but GM will NOT allow them to release them to the dealer without ALL the LPOs available. So if one single LPO is held up - it holds up all of the LPOs for that car.

It takes an act of God and sometimes a GM district sales rep to step in and put in a request up the food chain to get those LPOs released to the dealer without the constrained LPO.

Now...imagine the dealer's position when they have to tell a customer who's been waiting nearly a year for their Corvette and now a month at the dealership - that the LPOs aren't available and GM has NO ETA. As expected - the customer is now pissed.

They're pissed directly at the dealer (who isn't at fault) and they're pissed at GM. In many cases, customers are willing to take delivery of their car with what LPOs they can get - and then come back to the dealer once the rest of them arrive.

Why GM handles this type of situation this way, is anyone's guess. I assume to save shipping cost? Personally, I find it distasteful - and not exactly a prudent way to try to win over your customer base from the competition...but hey....what do I know...

Anyway...I digress...I don't know if the company that manufacturers the engine appearance package also manufactures the high wing spoilers for the Corvette and the carbon fiber appearance packages for the Blackwings.

GM works with many tiers of suppliers - but in my opinion - their promise of it getting better holds little value. To me, that's an easy way to try and pacify the masses with little to no guarantee. GM is at the mercy of their suppliers - just like all of the other automotive manufacturers out there.

In order to become a GM supplier you have to meet strict quality control and production guidelines established by GM. That all takes time and most of that is done prior to a new generation of vehicle going into production.

You can imagine the hell that GM and other automotive manufacturers probably go through when one of their primary suppliers suddenly tells them they're ceasing operation at the end of the month - or they can't get the raw materials to meet GM's production schedules.

I should post an addendum and additional caveat to my post above:

While some customers are willing to take delivery of their cars without all of their LPOs, A LOT of customers aren't. This poses an issue for dealers that do a high volume of a particular model - such as a Corvette or a Cadillac. It screws up shipping schedules if the dealers are shipping the vehicles to customers across states, or if courtesy deliveries are involved (no offense to anyone here, but from my experience, dealership parts department employees aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed - some - not all. When a courtesy delivery is involved and a dealer takes delivery of a car they didn't order and has to deliver it to the customer - you can image their lack of enthusiasm since they didn't sell the car to the customer...and the potential nightmare when it comes to tracking constrained LPOs...).

Now...I don't know about Cadillac - but late last year, GM announced that Corvette allocation to dealers would now be based on an "Adjusted Day Supply" (ADS) model in conjunction with past sales numbers. Before, allocation was based solely on previous sales numbers. The more you sold - the more allocation you got.

NOW, ADS takes into consideration how long a vehicle sits on a showroom floor. The longer it sits, the more it goes against a dealer's future allocation numbers.

Imagine how that affects a high volume dealer when a lot of their customers don't want to take delivery of their cars without all of their LPOs installed and those cars are sitting in a dealer's inventory for 4+ weeks...the dealer could still punch it as delivered to customer (6000), but then that car is taking up space on the dealership's lot/showroom floor.

It is one giant numbers game that is an enormous soup of potential catastrophe...and while it sucks for the customers - you can imagine how much it really sucks for the dealers...

Last edited:
I'll stick my neck out on a limb here and take a shot at shedding some light on this...

A month ago, Chevrolet dealers received notification that the engine appearance package for C8 Corvettes were no longer an option and dealers would have to modify orders with that option by removing it prior to placing with allocation if they wanted the orders accepted.

The engine appearance package is comprised of two lights inside the engine compartment as well as exposed carbon fiber covers over the two frame rail sections on either side of the engine.

The reason? The company that manufacturers those carbon fiber components was ceasing all carbon fiber production as part of their business model on January 31st - yesterday.

Exposed carbon fiber high wing spoilers for the C8 Corvette have been on a national constraint for at least a month now. Corvettes are being built - but the exposed carbon fiber high spoilers are an LPO - a dealer installed option shipped separately from the car. I'm not sure if orders going forward can be placed with the CF high wing spoiler as an option.

There are Corvettes sitting at dealers for nearly a month now still waiting for those spoilers as well as the other LPOs ordered with the cars.

A little background:

Vehicle Outfitters or "ADIs" is/are the main distributor of LPOs for GM...or at least Chevrolet...I would assume Cadillac as well....but I'm not sure. Vehicle Outfitters receives the LPOs directly from GM and then they ship them to the dealers. If a car is ordered with multiple LPOs (black lug nuts, custom luggage, splash guards and a high wing spoiler) and that high wing spoiler is on constraint or backorder - Vehicle Outfitters will hold on to those LPOs but GM will NOT allow them to release them to the dealer without ALL the LPOs available. So if one single LPO is held up - it holds up all of the LPOs for that car.

It takes an act of God and sometimes a GM district sales rep to step in and put in a request up the food chain to get those LPOs released to the dealer without the constrained LPO.

Now...imagine the dealer's position when they have to tell a customer who's been waiting nearly a year for their Corvette and now a month at the dealership - that the LPOs aren't available and GM has NO ETA. As expected - the customer is now pissed.

They're pissed directly at the dealer (who isn't at fault) and they're pissed at GM. In many cases, customers are willing to take delivery of their car with what LPOs they can get - and then come back to the dealer once the rest of them arrive.

Why GM handles this type of situation this way, is anyone's guess. I assume to save shipping cost? Personally, I find it distasteful - and not exactly a prudent way to try to win over your customer base from the competition...but hey....what do I know...

Anyway...I digress...I don't know if the company that manufacturers the engine appearance package also manufactures the high wing spoilers for the Corvette and the carbon fiber appearance packages for the Blackwings.

GM works with many tiers of suppliers - but in my opinion - their promise of it getting better holds little value. To me, that's an easy way to try and pacify the masses with little to no guarantee. GM is at the mercy of their suppliers - just like all of the other automotive manufacturers out there.

In order to become a GM supplier you have to meet strict quality control and production guidelines established by GM. That all takes time and most of that is done prior to a new generation of vehicle going into production.

You can imagine the hell that GM and other automotive manufacturers probably go through when one of their primary suppliers suddenly tells them they're ceasing operation at the end of the month - or they can't get the raw materials to meet GM's production schedules.
Thanks for the great synopsis Rob. Supply chain is a bitch with many factors that most of us will never see or know, but I agree GM isn't getting any better at it. Current logistic issues are indeed presenting new challenges, but I had this same problem with the after midnight wheels on my '16 V. Supplier held it up for months. But at the same time, the Japanese companies have historically been masters of supplier and inventory management in the car business. Why can't GM? This is probably an unfair apples to oranges comparison, but is it?

Thanks for the great synopsis Rob. Supply chain is a bitch with many factors that most of us will never see or know, but I agree GM isn't getting any better at it. Current logistic issues are indeed presenting new challenges, but I had this same problem with the after midnight wheels on my '16 V. Supplier held it up for months. But at the same time, the Japanese companies have historically been masters of supplier and inventory management in the car business. Why can't GM? This is probably an unfair apples to oranges comparison, but is it?
Not necessarily an unfair comparison. Historically, GM has been slow, if not resistant to change. They've gradually gotten better at it - in some aspects - but not all where it counts.

You are right - Japanese AND South Korean companies have - early on - became masters at supply and inventory control - something American companies refused to learn.

Unfortunately, this pandemic has proven to be quite the "Coming to Jesus" meeting for many American manufacturers. Where they thought there was no need for improvement - they're now paying for their lack of foresight and inability to look past how much money they're making on the hour - every hour.

Asian companies are adept at planning from all aspects for the future. American companies continue to fail miserably at this concept...

...the dealer could still punch it as delivered to customer (6000), but then that car is taking up space on the dealership's lot/showroom floor.

It is one giant numbers game that is an enormous soup of potential catastrophe...and while it sucks for the customers - you can imagine how much it really sucks for the dealers...
Wonder if that starts the warranty clock too.... what a mess.

I’m again over the moon!! Almost @Rob I’m getting closer!

@Rob can you please switch out my current order number with this one please in the tracker? Order # ZSXCD0 . Thank you

Not necessarily an unfair comparison. Historically, GM has been slow, if not resistant to change. They've gradually gotten better at it - in some aspects - but not all where it counts.

You are right - Japanese AND South Korean companies have - early on - became masters at supply and inventory control - something American companies refused to learn.

Unfortunately, this pandemic has proven to be quite the "Coming to Jesus" meeting for many American manufacturers. Where they thought there was no need for improvement - they're now paying for their lack of foresight and inability to look past how much money they're making on the hour - every hour.

Asian companies are adept at planning from all aspects for the future. American companies continue to fail miserably at this concept...
Asian companies, and countries, quite often think strategically and holistically...5, 10, 15, 20+ years down the road. We Americans tend to think more tactically and stovepiped...today, tomorrow, next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop