Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
Yes but physically pushing the button sucks. Keyless entry is popular for a reason, nobody wants to pull the fob out to press unlock then put it away. Nobody wants to interact with the fob at all, that's the beauty of it. Otherwise just give me a normal key if I still have to pull the fob out.

The pouch let's you keep using keyless entry without worrying about someone stealing your signal to steal your car.

I wouldn't want to be without keyless entry, I'd rather use the pouch then disable a feature of my vehicle.
Instead of buying a pouch and leaving that on your counter top (or wherever you leave your keys), and putting the key into it, which maybe takes 4 seconds, you push the lock and unlock button for 4 seconds...not hard, it's not like you are disabling the feature forever. When you leave your house, instead of opening the bag to take the key out you push both buttons for 4 seconds, then go about your day with the key in your pocket. Also, you don't have to carry said Faraday bag around with you if you want to disable keyless entry if you aren't at home.

The key still emits the signal. If you pull the handle with the key in your pocket, the lights flash, but the car doesn't unlock.
Yeah, I tested it out. The car still sees me come near with unlocking disabled. So, it seems you would still need to isolate your fob by some means to keep it's signature from being stolen through the airwaves.

Yeah, I tested it out. The car still sees me come near with unlocking disabled. So, it seems you would still need to isolate your fob by some means to keep it's signature from being stolen through the airwaves.
It doesn't change the fact that you 100% have to push the button on the fob to unlock the car. Having the signal from the key is useless in this case.

Instead of buying a pouch and leaving that on your counter top (or wherever you leave your keys), and putting the key into it, which maybe takes 4 seconds, you push the lock and unlock button for 4 seconds...not hard, it's not like you are disabling the feature forever. When you leave your house, instead of opening the bag to take the key out you push both buttons for 4 seconds, then go about your day with the key in your pocket. Also, you don't have to carry said Faraday bag around with you if you want to disable keyless entry if you aren't at home.
The primary key is with me when I'm out of the house so the signal can't be boosted and I'm home when the key is at home so I don't think a thief will be opening my garage door and boosting the fob signal to steal my vehicle without me noticing. I only keep the spare in the bag at the house, the bag doesn't go with me and I leave it there permanently so I think my bases are covered and now I still have use of my keyless entry without mucking around with the fob.

Either way this an order tracking thread not a theft prevention thread so I'll leave it at that, this has gone a bit off topic. I'd suggest making a new thread to cover this topic instead of using this one.

It doesn't change the fact that you 100% have to push the button on the fob to unlock the car. Having the signal from the key is useless in this case.
Oh, I know that and wasn't trying to say different. :) I do basically what Exia just said, though when I travel, I take the second fob and keep it in a pouch so the car does not try to see it.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Last edited:
I've only been here a few months, but going off topic for a page or two seems totally normal and welcome (to me) because they always go back on topic organically.

Now, you two ^^^ can agree to disagree, but we're all now enlightened with two options and they are both great/not wrong.

Remember the Dealer is the customer when it come to warranty work and if given a choice between shutting down the factory or putting parts in the supply base for repairs the factory will win every time.oes not make it right. If the dealer is the customer then why have "customer service" on their web page? Why not "dealer service"? In the computer industry they do not allow new product shipments until ample spares are deployed in the field. If spares are depleted new assemblies are prioritized for spares before production. Seems to be a very different mindset. If I had to chase my own spare to complete a delivery I'd make the dealer pay the costs. Crazy backwards.

May be true but it does not make it right. Why have a customer service section on the Cadillac website. Should it be "dealer service"?

In the computer industry we do not ship a new product until all the spares inventory sites are stocked. If spares are depleted the new assemblies automatically go to customers before production.

Seems all backwards in the auto industry.

Had a very interesting conversation with a friend today. He is going to SEMA in two weeks to promote a new technology for mass production of CF parts. This technology is currently being used to produce laptop computer shells.

Basically, they produce CF tiles. The tiles are imported in bulk and can be woven with some designs, bookmatched angles, etc. The tiles are placed in ovens and heated to a flexible state. A tooled stamp of the part is pressed into the flexible CF tile. That part then goes into a cooling chamber of about -40. The part is trimmed and polished. This is an hours process vs day process with hand layup. Seems to me this could fix the CF shortage problem with some engineering work.

I'm going to see if they can make me some CF parts for the '76 RatJet out of some fiberglass molds I made.

Yes indeed. Just hoping some insiders here had a bit more info.
If there was any new inside info, you would have already seen it. :) Nobody is holding back and everyone shares.

Guess what Im doing tomorrow. Dealer sent me this today.

View attachment 13510

Notice no evil holes in the front bumper. And I asked about the center rear seat belt color...

View attachment 13511
Congrats dstewart51. Very nice looking 4BW. White or Rift, can't tell from the picture? Love the interior. Wish that was a choice on the 5BW. I would have been all over that. The sky cool gray is just too light for me.

So, you were at 4800 on 10/17 with an EDD of 10/21. It arrived today. How long did you sit between 4200 and 4800? I am at 4200 with an EDD of 10/24 and now10/26. Just curious.
I dont recall exactly, I didnt keep track of it. Maybe 3 weeks.

I've only been here a few months, but going off topic for a page or two seems totally normal and welcome (to me) because they always go back on topic organically.

Now, you two ^^^ can agree to disagree, but we're all now enlightened with two options and they are both great/not wrong.
Back on the straight and narrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!