Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Order Tracking - 2022 Model Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...shit...I tried deleting a couple posts out of the old order tracking thread and I apparently nuked the whole damn thread! :r :hb

NOTE: the order tracking system is for U.S. based orders only. I can only view orders placed with dealers in the U.S.
NOTE: I will only track ONE order per member. If you have orders in at multiple dealers, pick one...

Blackwing Order Tracking System

Blackwing Registry

Animated GIF

Last edited:
I love that color! Huge congrats!

So as a temporary distraction from the Rodeo and my continued sorrow related to it...., what are you guys using or planning to use for car covers? Indoor storage for sure. Looks like there are several suppliers, etc. CT4 BW.

BTW: I found an awesome goat related gif thingy of a goat giving some camera dude a shot right in the nuts but I'm not tech savvy enough to figure out how to get it posted here. Anywho, I thought that giffy thing was funny and kinda visualized how some may feel about the whole rodeo thing.

Carry on.

I love that color! Huge congrats!

So as a temporary distraction from the Rodeo and my continued sorrow related to it...., what are you guys using or planning to use for car covers? Indoor storage for sure. Looks like there are several suppliers, etc. CT4 BW.

BTW: I found an awesome goat related gif thingy of a goat giving some camera dude a shot right in the nuts but I'm not tech savvy enough to figure out how to get it posted here. Anywho, I thought that giffy thing was funny and kinda visualized how some may feel about the whole rodeo thing.

Carry on.
I bought a custom one from the EU for my evo that was about $400 and I LOVE it. I'm going to ask the guy if he'll make me one of the BW also. Great fit, very nice material.

Attachments

• 273692707_1570489536667995_3563728697215327917_n.jpg
    273692707_1570489536667995_3563728697215327917_n.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 105
Invoicing = when the dealership is actually billed by the factory for your car.

Dealerships buy cars from the factory in one of two ways:

1. Floor Plan: while the following explanation is kind of rough - you get the picture - the dealership borrows money from a lending institution similar to a bank that specializes in working with dealers to finance their purchases from the factories or

2. The dealership actually uses their own money to buy the car from the factory

In #1 - the dealership pays interest on the amount of money they borrow - just like a bank and the lending institution owns a part of that car until they're paid.

In #2 - the dealership owns 100% of that car outright.

Once your car is built - it gets invoiced by the factory - the factory needs to get paid - either directly from the dealer, or the lending institution

YOU - the customer - then owe the dealership.
Question - does the dealer expect the customer to pay immediately or not until the customer actually picks up the car? I ask because my buddy bought a C8 and the dealer had him pay right away and the car didn't show up for about 4 weeks later.

Question - does the dealer expect the customer to pay immediately or not until the customer actually picks up the car? I ask because my buddy bought a C8 and the dealer had him pay right away and the car didn't show up for about 4 weeks later.
You would have to be a complete fool to sign sight unseen. There have been members here whose cars have been damaged in transit. My GT350R came in with cracked tires. You would have absolutely no leverage should you have signed for the car in advance. Additionally, if your financing any portion of it, you’ll be making a payment for something that you’re not even enjoying.

Good news from my dealer. They did tell me the car processed forward from 3800 this week. Back to waiting for shipping now.

Also, unless a car is being drop shipped to you from the factory, I wouldn't do any payment (aside from deposit) until it's arrived.

Attachments

• thumbnail_image001.png
    thumbnail_image001.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 73
I'm not entirely sure if it's up to the dealer or the dealer's franchise agreement. I know one dealer that requires the car to be paid or financed in full within 7 days of the vehicle being invoiced.

Wait,...you're allowed to do something else besides checking order statuses and the registry 24/7?!

U da man! Thanks for all
Yeah. I've got to make an actual living somehow 🤣

Wait,...you're allowed to do something else besides checking order statuses and the registry 24/7?!

U da man! Thanks for all
And I'm checking orders right now... 😉

All orders have been checked and updated accordingly.

Goat Costume GIF

I'm not entirely sure if it's up to the dealer or the dealer's franchise agreement. I know one dealer that requires the car to be paid or financed in full within 7 days of the vehicle being invoiced.
That is what his dealer was saying also on his C8, had to be paid within a week as they were already invoiced by GM. I wouldn't want to be paying for something before inspection and especially given some of the lengthy shipping delays, but what happens if the dealer is being a pain and pushing the issue. I guess if nothing was in writing at the time of order then they can't force you but can they also flip it around and try to just sell it out from under you. Just thinking outloud

Do the blackwings ship with just blackwings or are they put on trucks with whatever is going that way? The reason I ask is I don’t think many blackwings are headed to my local area of central Illinois.
They're shipped with other vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!